Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Charlotte Country Day Coaches Fired

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

News says two coaches got in a arguement/altercation and one threatened to shoot the other. Police found two guns in the car of one coach who coached girls JV basketball. Both were fired the next day. The coach with guns on school property has been charged. Apparently neither taught at the school. Sounds like the vetting process lacking.

#2 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Shitznit will hit the fan over this.  Unreal.  That is the type of thing you do not expect from a teacher or coach at that school.

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

Shitznit will hit the fan over this.  Unreal.  That is the type of thing you do not expect from a teacher or coach at that school.

Pure stupidity. This is a direct reflection of society as a whole. Country Day must have issues getting qualified personnel to coach sports. Bringing in community outsiders seems to be a trend. Assistant coaches make basically nothing in public systems. I’m even seeing players dads added to teams as coaching staff so the athlete stays at the school. Bad trend.

I can tell you Country Day came to a couple wrestling matches four years ago and it was obvious the coach had little knowledge of wrestling. Newton put in every non starter they had in weight classes and won something like 73-3. Matter of fact it looked like a student wrestler was actually running the show. Had the kid in the corner coaching along with the coach.

#4 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

There was a time when CD wrestling would have been tough to handle. No idea what is going on over there.

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:31 AM

There was a time when CD wrestling would have been tough to handle. No idea what is going on over there.

I must apologize. I ran this by my son this afternoon when he drove down from college. He said Country Day was substituted for Stuart Cramer when we finished the first round. So the wrestling student in the corner was a Cramer kid and the school was second year Cramer which might explain why they were terrible. I had written the matches down following the schedule on the handout.

JeffChapman-Dynamic