Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

North Iredell ladies preview

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

North opens up the season against old time rival West Iredell Friday evening! So lets get this started!

North returns a senior London Liles at the post, junior Mackie Allen who lead the world in rebounding last year. Think her top number was 19 in a game last year. Junior Addie Pennell at the point who was the holiday tournament mvp last Christmas! Also junior Rachel LaLonde, a 6'2'' wing who plays like a guard and has 3 point range and a huge athletic wingspan on defense. All four of these returnees have 2 yrs varisty experience with a combined record of 50-7! Also all four were named all county last season. Charlotte Observer has NI ranked 7th in their sweet sixteen to start the season! Lets see what happens!

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Wow sounds like North is really loaded. Sounds like an exciting season for them. Looking forward to seeing them play someday.

#3 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:01 AM

Lot of good teams in 3a this season.  NI, Northern Guilford, Ashbrook, Freedom, Rockingham County, Jacksonville, Hillside, Dudley, NE Guilford and many others.  Man I'm glad basketball season is here!

#4 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Charlotte Observer has NI ranked 7th in their sweet sixteen to start the season! Lets see what happens!

I wouldn't put alot of stock in that Observer preview. It doesn't look like a lot of effort went into that. I saw that they had Carson with 2 returning starters when in fact it is 4. And while North's record is very impressive I am curious as to their schedule strength. Who was the 2nd best conference team last year? Mooresville?

#5 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

Steve, we all know the conference will come down to NI and Carson,,, you and I will have some fun this year on here! Mooresville was second best last year and they were young. They actually are a decent team and will be even better this year but out of conference now! Should be a fun year

#6 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:02 AM

Little FYI NI ladies only scrimmage they lost over summer was to Northern Guilford by 2 points on a last second buzzer beater! LaLonde went toe to toe with Elisa Cunane(NC State commit). Only a scrimmage but was fun to watch!

#7 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

I wouldn't put alot of stock in that Observer preview. It doesn't look like a lot of effort went into that. I saw that they had Carson with 2 returning starters when in fact it is 4. And while North's record is very impressive I am curious as to their schedule strength. Who was the 2nd best conference team last year? Mooresville?

I appreciate Langston taking the time to put the Observer preview together, but he needs an editor to go behind him and clean things up.  I counted several mistakes while I was reading (just for example he had Fletcher Abee listed as a Hickory player at one point and misspelled his name at another, he also had someone other than Andy Poplin listed as Hickory coach in one piece). It's a big job and I'm sure he works hard at it, but some of that is just inattention to detail.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#8 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

North vs west boys,,,west  with victory. Looks like a long year for NI boys. They lack a true scorer. Going to have a very hard time on offense.

The ladies had a easy evening. They were missing senior post London Liles with a broken pinkie. And still the first team broke out to a 19-0 lead. Rachel LaLonde had her way scoring 21 points in only two quarters of action! End was 52-19 with entire second team literally playing half of the game.

#9 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

Carson girls beat 4A Hopewell 52-35 in game 1. 4A Hickory Ridge next on Monday. Yes the same Hickory Ridge that was 3A State runner up last year an is probably even better this year with the transfers coming in. Will be a good measuring stick to see how good they really are...what 2A school does NI play next?.. Lol

#10 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:52 AM

Alabama played Mercer today and Clemson played Citadel in football...happens at all levels.

#11 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Alabama played Mercer today and Clemson played Citadel in football...happens at all levels.

Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

#12 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

North vs west boys,,,west  with victory. Looks like a long year for NI boys. They lack a true scorer. Going to have a very hard time on offense.

The ladies had a easy evening. They were missing senior post London Liles with a broken pinkie. And still the first team broke out to a 19-0 lead. Rachel LaLonde had her way scoring 21 points in only two quarters of action! End was 52-19 with entire second team literally playing half of the game.

WI girls are down this season they lost a lot of their best players but still a some but not what they have had. 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#13 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:14 AM

Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

#14 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

It's called an analogy....

#15 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:50 AM

I-meck is going be to be tough for Mooresville Boys but Mooresville Girls should have a strong year as Mooresville returned most of their team n Imeck team lost some of their best players so will see. Mooresville can finish from 1-5 should be a fun battler for the top spot. Mooresville Boys they may struggle to find wins as they lost to NW Cabarrus this past friday 77-44 and It dont get any easier as they have Statesville n South Iredell coming up! 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#16 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 03:43 PM

It's called an analogy....

Sooo..NI is analogous to Alabama and Clemson?...huh...how bout that...

#17 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:49 PM

If you do not understand the analogy, it's not a difficult one I will in the future keep the posts simple and to the point for you. Lol...

#18 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

If you do not understand the analogy, it's not a difficult one I will in the future keep the posts simple and to the point for you. Lol...

Wow!...some snarkiness and it's just the first week of the season...love it!
So let me clarify the point I was trying to make in good fun...I am by no.means throwing shade on NI..I have now doubt they are an excellent team. But I would add that their strength of schedule or lack thereof has something to do with their very gaudy record over the last few years. Put them in the SPC and I dare say they lose a few more games. Not going unbeaten in conference playing the likes of Hickory Ridge, Central Cabarrus, Robinson, Concord, West Rowan and Carson twice a year. That's all I'm saying

#19 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:48 PM

Didn't y'all play tonight?

#20 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:45 PM

Yep..lost to Hickory Ridge 73-55. Hickory Ridge has 5 or 6 D-1 commits and just abused us on the boards. We are now 1-1 on the season. When does Alabama (Lol) play next?

#21 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

Honestly Steve I am going to give my true impartial opinion! North's top 5 girls can hang with most 3a teams in the state. They proved that over the summer. Those top five also have a ton of experience, more than most. But, our post has a broken pinkie and not sure how quick it will heal. Our downfall will be the bench. Our bench has no experience or near the talent our starters do. Foul trouble and injuries will cause some issues. We will lose some games this year but will win much more than we lose. But I also feel from what I saw this summer 3a is not as talented in this area as its been in previous years so it should continue to be a fun year!!!!

#22 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

Well Steve, exactly what I talked about yesterday happened last night. NI girls without senior post London Liles due to finger injury and junior Mackie Allen fouling out and in foul trouble the whole game pushed us into overtime up in West Wilkes. But Rachel LaLonde put the team on her back with a epic 38 point performance! We ended up winning 65-59 in OT. LaLonde put on individual performance that was unreal! But it was a scary night up in West Wilkes!

NI boys played a lot better and handled West Wilkes boys but not sure of final score! They played and shot better as a team. Was happy to see them shake off their ugly start and play a little better. Both teams still have a lot of room for improvement!

#23 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Honestly Steve I am going to give my true impartial opinion! North's top 5 girls can hang with most 3a teams in the state. They proved that over the summer. Those top five also have a ton of experience, more than most. But, our post has a broken pinkie and not sure how quick it will heal. Our downfall will be the bench. Our bench has no experience or near the talent our starters do. Foul trouble and injuries will cause some issues. We will lose some games this year but will win much more than we lose. But I also feel from what I saw this summer 3a is not as talented in this area as its been in previous years so it should continue to be a fun year!!!!

Ok...here is my long awaited response..as I take a brief respite in hr 18 of my 35 hr work weekend.
You assessment seems spot on to me but then again I have never seen NI so I am in no position to judge. The only point I have tried to make is that NI's record over the last few years has been somewhat inflated by playing alot of bad teams. The are good no doubt though. Looking forward to Jan 9!

#24 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

Sounds good to me. The only point I have tried to make about NI is their record over the last couple years has been inflated somewhat by the number of bad teams they have played. The are good no doubt hopefully the pinkie heals by Jan 9. Want to see Carson and Alabama playing at full strength!!

#25 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

Did I read correctly?? Alabama lost to North Wilkes by 20? Rut-roh...

JeffChapman-Dynamic