Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Al Brown at South ierdell

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

I feel really bad for wonder fans travel so good but SI has the WORST away side lol as far as the game I see brown winning 31-28

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

May well be a shootout but I got a feeling AL Brown will come in play their best. South will definitely need to bring their defense in this game. Offense just needs to keep rolling. Get there early

#3 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Should be interesting I don't think Pope can win this one by him self next week hell definitely need help

#4 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

He'll

#5 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:33 AM

I'll be at this one since my blue devils are one and done again :(

#6 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:47 AM

I feel really bad for wonder fans travel so good but SI has the WORST away side lol as far as the game I see brown winning 31-28

I agree. The only away side that is worse than South is West Iredell. South needs more bleachers for this game.

#7 falconfan

falconfan

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

Got to go with K-Town in this one. Only thing that worries me is the points K-Town gives up on defense. Brady Pope is the real deal with great WR's. K-Town has to make Pope stay in the pocket when he throws. Pope is more accurate when he throws on the run. K-Town's secondary will have to cover well.

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:05 PM

1 of 2 great match ups in the 2nd round with other being Shelby at SP! I think if i dont head to SP, I WILL BE IN VIKING VALLEY. 

This will be a good test for the Vikings as they just escaped NWC  so they got some cleaning up to do if they want to beat a solid K-Town squad. 

AL Brown has to play well and dont have some many penalties.

I really this one will come down to WHO STOPS WHO? -------- My Pick: SI 38 AL BROWN 35 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

SI is 0-3 against A.L. Brown. All 3 contest were played at A.L. Brown and I was not able to make any of them.
The first contest was in 1989 when SI had a good RB by the name of Tyrone Westmoreland. He was a freshman at that time but they would lose to Brown 21-12 in the 1st rd. in the playoffs. It was that year they went 9-1 and had lost to Statesville the very last game of the regular season. Both South n Statesville were undefeated at 9-0 until they played each other at South. I never will forget how packed that Stadium was and if my memory serves me correct there were about 4500 packed in that Stadium. Cars were parked on both sides of the road for along ways. There may even be some Statesville posters on this site that remember that game. I may be wrong but that could had well been the most that Stadium has ever seen. Fans standing all around the fence and man it was packed. I remember in that game the first 2 possessions that SI drove the ball down to about the 2 yrd. line but Statesville defense was able to hold them on 4th n goal. After that it became an defensive battle. The best defensive game I’ve believe I ever seen. The score was 0-0 at the half. Then SI had tried an FG in the 3rd but was blocked and the ball went back the other way into Statesville side of the field. Anyway Statesville pulled it out 10-0. It was that year Statesville had beaten A.L. Brown 29-13 at the beginning of the season but A.L Brown would play them again 3rd rd. of the playoffs. Brown won that time 30-7 I think. AL Brown would go on and win the 3A State Championship game that year. Then A.L Brown would beat SI two years later in ‘91 21-12 in the playoffs and then again in ‘99 50-7.
This is I guess the reason why I wanted a matchup with them especially at South. I figured if they had a chance to beat them this would be the year. If South loses it maybe no telling how long before they have another chance. A.L Brown has a good program and is rich in tradition. I figure this game will be an exciting one to watch. SI may not win this one but I got what I wanted and that was a rematch being played at SI, So let’s do it Vikings!!

#10 84k

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

For some reason it seems like Kannapolis plays better on the road this year.

#11 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

I will also add hopefully no injuries for both teams and may the best team win. And I’m the one that will congratulate the winner even if it’s the other team.

#12 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:50 PM

For Kannapolis fans looking for places to eat in Troutman. Try Randys Barbeque in downtown Troutman. The best in Iredell or Try Best Little Pizza House just a block away from the School all you can eat Buffet. Now back to the Match up. For South Iredell the defense will have to play better. The offense reflects on how well Brady Pope performs. Brady Pope has the arm of a Brett Favre and Pope also a good baseball player. For Kannapolis to very little that I might know. From what I have read their defense has been up and down for the past few games and a lot of mental mistakes with penalties. Don't know how this game might play. It could be shoot out or a low scoring game. If Kannapolis win 37-28. If South Iredell wins 39-38 Kannapolis.

#13 C. Laettner

C. Laettner

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

Take a lesson from the dead...aka Alexander Central...if you don't have a defense come playoffs...it's only a matter of time, Erwin should never have scored as much as they did against Brown

#14 El Campion

El Campion

JV Team

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:10 PM

SI by 7. In a shootout

#15 84k

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Take a lesson from the dead...aka Alexander Central...if you don't have a defense come playoffs...it's only a matter of time, Erwin should never have scored as much as they did against Brown

I heard a coach say one time you just survive and advance that's all that matters.

#16 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

I think for South to win and yes the defense will have to play better. I just have to wander maybe the last 3 games of the regular season may have some affect on them. They were easy games and the starters sat out the 2nd half maybe causing the SI players to get complacent. Maybe this had an affect or maybe not. Also South will need to get an jump on scoring like they did against NW Cabarrus. Plus taking every advantage of an AL Brown mistakes especially if they are having a night of penalties. If AL Brown comes in and plays at their best potential and keep the mistake down this could spell trouble for the Vikings.

#17 Friday Nights in K-Town

Friday Nights in K-Town

Established Member

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:32 PM

Unless we get a grip on the penalties that's been killing us and keeping opposing teams in the game when they should be held at bay it could be a long night for us. Our DBs are going to have to shore things up as well. Erwin had a lot of success in the passing game toward the end of the contest last Friday night. I look for this to be a real barn burner. both teams will have to earn this one.

#18 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:43 PM

I agree. The only away side that is worse than South is West Iredell. South needs more bleachers for this game.

Well actually Hibriten is way worse but if want keep it in Iredell co i would rank it like this 1. Mooresville 2. Statesville 3. LKN 4. North Iredell 5. WI/SI (Tied for the worst)  

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#19 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 06:54 PM

Well actually Hibriten is way worse but if want keep it in Iredell co i would rank it like this 1. Mooresville 2. Statesville 3. LKN 4. North Iredell 5. WI/SI (Tied for the worst)

I would say West Lincoln might be a tad worser than hibriten

#20 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:34 AM

I'll be at this one since my blue devils are one and done again :(

Welcome to the 1 and done Blue Devil club... we are annual members of this exclusive club, and welcome you with open arms lmao

As for this game... I don’t think AL Brown has the offense to out score South... they’ll have to find a way to slow the pace of the game down, keep South out of a rhythm offensively.

#21 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:44 AM

I heard South Iredell will be Bringing in some more seating for this game

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#22 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

Thank goodness they need it. Hope to see the largest crowd ever and that could happen.

#23 1derpop

1derpop

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:26 AM

Welcome to the 1 and done Blue Devil club... we are annual members of this exclusive club, and welcome you with open arms lmao.......

Don’t worry, your soon gonna lose your coach to Concord.

#24 84k

• Members
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:26 AM

I'm hearing concord doesn't want him.

#25 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:29 AM

Very doubtful. I haven’t bought into that rumor since day 1, big downgrade in pay... and he has all the resources he wants here. I mean I guess we will see but I find that very unlikely

JeffChapman-Dynamic