Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

South Point vs Shelby Round 2

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 SPRaiders78

SPRaiders78

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

I know the Shelby team will come back to Belmont but will the fans? I heard several in the parking lot last week after the game saying things like, "They scored more on us than South Carolina did." and "Dang I didn't know they were that good." I was a little nervous going into last weeks game but I feel much better about next week. You beat somebody by 20 making as many mistakes as SP did and you got to think the rematch could get real ugly. SP 28 - Shelby 6.

#2 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

Keep banking on that score,
And Shelby didnt make mistakes?
The block punt, and the quick miss tackke for long TD run hurt,
I can tell u, coach Ware will have a game plain.
Hard to beat a team twice.

#3 SPRaiders78

SPRaiders78

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:05 AM

Hard to beat a team twice, when they are about equal. When one is 20 points better than the other in the first game, by the end of the second game it might be 25 or 30. See ya Friday night in Belmont.

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

LOL. It’s started and the kids haven’t even got out of the shower.

#5 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:09 AM

Ok so we won 24-0 last year, and all i heard was how in rematch Sp would win and kill us.
We shall see

#6 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

GDG, u see the coaches got offense kick started again. How u think we looked

#7 sasha_nc

sasha_nc

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

Hard but not impossible.  Probably a closer game.  I expected the last one to be close (14-10) with the scores coming from the defenses or special teams.  We know that the Lions won't take us for granted  this time, nor will our guys come in thinking that they will dust the field with kitten fur puffs.  They expect a fight and will be prepared.

#8 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

I think this game will be closer than the first match up; Shelby 28 SP 35 but will not be surprised if Shelby wins bc they want revenge and they are on the quest for 5! 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#9 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

GDG, u see the coaches got offense kick started again. How u think we looked

A machine. Stites, #33 was a man out there on defense. Josh Smith with great coverage. Malik had a great night and took the underneath stuff and much quicker. Malik was impressive on the QB scramble as well. Very impressed with Brooks tonight. Dang that kid has no quit in him. Made Newton look very bad. Lance Ware made adjustments and took what was offered. Offensive line pass and run blocked much better. Line tightened the gaps way better and it slowed the rush tremendously.

#10 SPRaiders78

SPRaiders78

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

Yea that's right, they got it together tonight. Dude they played N-C. What did you expect, Shelby would struggle. Everybody who knows anything about 2A football, knows N-C hadn't beaten anybody of note all year. Come on back to Belmont and get some more.

#11 sportsbroadcaster1

sportsbroadcaster1

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

I have no dog in this game,I will say however that I am going to be pulling for Shelby for reason and one reason only. I want MP to get another chance against Shelby and this time beat Shelby. As far as this game I think South Point is the better team having said that you don't want to play again if passable a team that you embarrassed 2 weeks ago. This will be a great game

#12 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Yea that's right, they got it together tonight. Dude they played N-C. What did you expect, Shelby would struggle. Everybody who knows anything about 2A football, knows N-C hadn't beaten anybody of note all year. Come on back to Belmont and get some more.

LOL. True but Newton is much faster than Shelby. Didn’t help tonight.

#13 sasha_nc

sasha_nc

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

I have no dog in this game,I will say however that I am going to be pulling for Shelby for reason and one reason only. I want MP to get another chance against Shelby and this time beat Shelby. As far as this game I think South Point is the better team having said that you don't want to play again if passable a team that you embarrassed 2 weeks ago. This will be a great game

Wouldn't be the first time we have beaten someone in the regular season and then faced them two or three weeks later.  A few years ago we beat Crest last game of the season, then turned around 2 weeks later in round 2 of the playoffs and did it again by a similar score.  The only other loss they had that season was to a 9-2 TC Roberson (27-28).  

#14 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:37 AM

Well, ok. Easily said by a guy in the lower end of the bracket. You got another monster team down there tigerbroadcaster1 in the cat family.

#15 Stick82

Stick82

Established Member

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:13 AM

If you can't successfully run the ball in high school football you're in trouble. Shelby had 79 yards rushing in our 1st meeting. We will be more than ready for the game!!

#RaiderNation

#16 SPRedRaider

SPRedRaider

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

While at it don't forget the KO return for a TD or the "quick" backside screen that we blew coverage on and resulted in a TD. Those types of plays seem to not count to you guys.

I'm confident as ever for this game. We are the better team and it showed. We will have to play down to Shelby's level this year for us to lose the game. It could happen we will just have to wait and see. But if you think you got our best shot on Nov. 3rd you will be leaving earlier than you did the first meeting.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...

#17 SPRaiders78

SPRaiders78

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:51 AM

A reverse, a few sweeps, a pass or three should loosen up the middle of that big D, and then it's Jake to the house. Jake to the house multiple times. Are y'all experimenting with a new D this week? You better hope they do something different, cause that hot mess last week didn't work out to well. Did it?

#18 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

Ive akready been told it was one of yall best games by a few of your supporters,
I and ill tell u this, it was one of our worst, my 1st game seeing Shelby vs Sp was 1979, so u cant tell me jack about fb.
I take nothing away from Sp i respect them completely, but come on br realville, this next game going be close, yes we may lose again, but it want be like last week

#19 SPRedRaider

SPRedRaider

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:57 AM

Ive akready been told it was one of yall best games by a few of your supporters,
I and ill tell u this, it was one of our worst, my 1st game seeing Shelby vs Sp was 1979, so u cant tell me jack about fb.
I take nothing away from Sp i respect them completely, but come on br realville, this next game going be close, yes we may lose again, but it want be like last week

You talked to the wrong supporters...... Keep thinking we played our best game. You could be Don Shula this Friday and it wont keep SP from kicking Shelby's teeth in again. No one gives a damn about how much YOU know football. Are you suiting up? Talk to Dax and Malik.....

#20 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

U talk a big talk, who was you the waterboy for Sp..
Or just one of those big mouth rednecks

#21 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

#22 SPRedRaider

SPRedRaider

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Trainer, get it right. We walked the walk by the way.

#23 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:09 AM

Lol, all jokes im hoping for better game thus week, see you fri

#24 Cagle89

Cagle89

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:29 AM

I think it's funny you think SP is just gonna play right into Shelbys hands lol...
You don't think the SP staff is gonna have a different game plan?
Shelby fans just talk about their mistakes... but what about SP when they fumbled killed drives etc. They should have dropped 60+ on them Lions!
The one kickoff not in the end zone is for 7 for the Lions.
Sure SP can be beat not saying that Shelby can't but we can't go off history this and that blah blah.
I expect a better game this time.
SP really didnt have to throw the ball but the middle of the field was open all night....
Just have your popcorn ready bc this is the state championship game!
I saw East Duplin last night and if that's the best team out east they're in a rude awakening for SP/Shelby!

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#25 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

But SP recovered all those fumbles, your D was not why our offense didnt move, we had problems all yr, one good game 2 bad.
Last night, i saw a better game plan for a oline thats not great, And we moved ball well.
Again game to be played Fri..

JeffChapman-Dynamic