SC WRESTLING Pound for Pound Top 10 Wrestlers in 5A-4A-3A-2A-1A (PRESEASON)
1. Trevor Mansfield – Belton Honea Path (2017 3A State Champion 132lbs)
Trevor capped of a great summer earning All American honors in Greco Roman at Fila Cadet Trials and Junior Duals. He was also a 2016 Cadet National All American in Greco Roman
2. Ben Emery – River Bluff (2017 5A State Champion 145lbs) 2016 Illinios State Qualifier made waves this past season in 5A winning the State Championship in a loaded wt. class while leading his team to the first 5A Dual State championships.
3. Jake Hart – Fort Mill (2017 5A State Runner-up 145lbs) 2016 Texas State Qualifier was one of the top wrestlers this season losing in the state finals to fellow out of state transfer Emery.
4. Cole Murphy – Liberty (3x 1A-2A State Champion 160lbs) Cole is looking for his 4th State Championship and to be the 19th overall 4x state champion in SC history.
5. Jacob Brasseur – Lexington (2017 5A State Champion 113lbs) Jacob has had a great off season and one of the best light weights in the Southeast.
6. Johnathan Parker – Fort Dorchester (2x State Champion 170lbs) Johnathan has won 2 state championships and will look to add a third this season for the Patriots.
7. Gavin James – West Oak (2x 3A State Champion 285lbs) James is an outstanding big man who can move and has a great personality to carry his team to their 2nd consecutive team state championship.
8. Alex Braden – Hilton Head (2x 4A State Champion 138lbs) Alex has had great practice partners in the room the during his high school career which have helped him to blossom into one of the top individuals in the state.
9. Drew Parker – Fort Dorchester (2017 5A State Champion 160lbs) Drew is not to be outdone by his brother getting a state championships ring and will dominate this season looking to help lead his team to the team State Championships.
10. Qumari Jackson – Fort Dorchester (2017 5A State Champion HWT) Qumari is another one of Fort Dorchesters 4 state championships who will make it tough for anyone to beat them in 5A.
Owen Trephan – Ashley Ridge (2017 5A State Champion 220lbs) Owen won his first State Title and this past spring won the NHSCA Sophomore National Championship at 220 after being a runner-up the year before in NHSCA Freshman Nationals. Owen has moved to Blair Academy in NJ to play football and continue wrestling. Blair is has a powerhouse wrestling program that won is 37th National Prep title in 2017 and its 14th National Championships. Blair Academy is a private, coeducational, boarding and day school for students in high school ninth through twelfth grade.
Hank Manos – Chapin (2017 4A State Champ HWT) Hank won his first State Championships this past season at HWT and will graduate early to enroll at South Carolina on a full football scholarship
Others to watch:
Jordie White - Eastside (2x State Champ),
Bailey Wilkins - Rock Hill (State Champ),
Jordan Aluyan - Fort Dorchester (State Champ),
Trenton Patterson - BHP (State Champ),
Kohl Gagum – Bamberg-Ehrhardt (State Champ),
Austin Ross – Indian Land (State Champ),
Jordan Lee – West Oak (State Champ),
Cole Milasauskas – Indian Land (State Champ),
Walker Stephenson – Hillcrest (3rd Place)
Hayden Prince – Stratford (State Runner-up),
Ian James – West Oak (State Champ),
Mison Mickle – Northwestern (State Runner-up),
Jahfear Bukari – Dorman (3rd place),
Naoh Reynolds – Rock Hill (State Runner-up),
Garrett Sayegh – Hillcrest (State Runner-up),
Tommy Washington – Spartanburg (3rd Place),
Noah Nash – Mauldin (4th Place)