Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

SCVarsity Wrestling: Pound for Pound Top Ten Wrestlers (preseason)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

Varsity Team

• Administrator
  • 221 posts
  • Email:scvarsity@sc.rr.com

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

scv wrestling super ten preseason

SC WRESTLING Pound for Pound Top 10 Wrestlers in 5A-4A-3A-2A-1A (PRESEASON)

1.    Trevor Mansfield – Belton Honea Path (2017 3A State Champion 132lbs)
Trevor capped of a great summer earning All American honors in Greco Roman at Fila Cadet Trials and Junior Duals. He was also a 2016 Cadet National All American in Greco Roman

2.    Ben Emery River Bluff (2017 5A State Champion 145lbs) 2016 Illinios State Qualifier made waves this past season in 5A winning the State Championship in a loaded wt. class while leading his team to the first 5A Dual State championships.

3.    Jake Hart – Fort Mill (2017 5A State Runner-up 145lbs) 2016 Texas State Qualifier was one of the top wrestlers this season losing in the state finals to fellow out of state transfer Emery.

4.    Cole Murphy – Liberty (3x 1A-2A State Champion 160lbs) Cole is looking for his 4th State Championship and to be the 19th overall 4x state champion in SC history.

5.    Jacob Brasseur – Lexington (2017 5A State Champion 113lbs) Jacob has had a great off season and one of the best light weights in the Southeast.

6.    Johnathan Parker – Fort Dorchester (2x State Champion 170lbs) Johnathan has won 2 state championships and will look to add a third this season for the Patriots.

7.    Gavin James – West Oak (2x 3A State Champion 285lbs) James is an outstanding big man who can move and has a great personality to carry his team to their 2nd consecutive team state championship.

8.    Alex Braden – Hilton Head (2x 4A State Champion 138lbs) Alex has had great practice partners in the room the during his high school career which have helped him to blossom into one of the top individuals in the state.

9.    Drew Parker – Fort Dorchester (2017 5A State Champion 160lbs) Drew is not to be outdone by his brother getting a state championships ring and will dominate this season looking to help lead his team to the team State Championships.

10.    Qumari Jackson – Fort Dorchester (2017 5A State Champion HWT) Qumari is another one of Fort Dorchesters 4 state championships who will make it tough for anyone to beat them in 5A.

**Special Mention:
Owen Trephan – Ashley Ridge (2017 5A State Champion 220lbs) Owen won his first State Title and this past spring won the NHSCA Sophomore National Championship at 220 after being a runner-up the year before in NHSCA Freshman Nationals. Owen has moved to Blair Academy in NJ to play football and continue wrestling. Blair is has a powerhouse wrestling program that won is 37th National Prep title in 2017 and its 14th National Championships. Blair Academy is a private, coeducational, boarding and day school for students in high school ninth through twelfth grade.

**Special Mention:
Hank Manos – Chapin (2017 4A State Champ HWT) Hank won his first State Championships this past season at HWT and will graduate early to enroll at South Carolina on a full football scholarship

Others to watch:
Jordie White - Eastside (2x State Champ),
Bailey Wilkins - Rock Hill (State Champ),
 Jordan Aluyan - Fort Dorchester (State Champ),
Trenton Patterson - BHP (State Champ),
Kohl Gagum – Bamberg-Ehrhardt (State Champ),
Austin Ross – Indian Land (State Champ),
 Jordan Lee – West Oak (State Champ),
Cole Milasauskas – Indian Land (State Champ),
Walker Stephenson – Hillcrest (3rd Place)
Hayden Prince – Stratford (State Runner-up),
Ian James – West Oak (State Champ),
Mison Mickle – Northwestern (State Runner-up),
Jahfear Bukari – Dorman (3rd place),
Naoh Reynolds – Rock Hill (State Runner-up),
Garrett Sayegh – Hillcrest (State Runner-up),
Tommy Washington – Spartanburg (3rd Place),
Noah Nash – Mauldin (4th Place)

#2 Seahawk55

Seahawk55

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

I think Cole Haile from Chapin is a stud at 195lb and do not see anyone beating him this year. I also think that Jacob Brasseur of Lexington  is the best wrestler in the state in any weight class

#3 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

Varsity Team

• Administrator
  • 221 posts
  • Email:scvarsity@sc.rr.com

Posted 30 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

I think Cole Haile from Chapin is a stud at 195lb and do not see anyone beating him this year. I also think that Jacob Brasseur of Lexington  is the best wrestler in the state in any weight class

Thanks for the input!

#4 JTW

JTW

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

I believe Jake Hart is the best P4P wrestler in SC. He had a great summer at Fargo and backed it up with a strong Super 32 showing. Couldn't go wrong with him, Emery or Mansfield at 1.

I've seen Walker Stephenson a few times this fall and he should be listed top 10.

#5 TheTank60

TheTank60

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:42 AM

i think bailey wilkins, noah reynolds, brandon mills, mison mickle, jake hart, and jacob brassuer all will be making state finals appearances again and will definitely get rings this season. keep up and keep tabs on them!

#6 Sbutler

Sbutler

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Jordan Aluyan not in top 10 is a Glaring omission. He didn’t have a close match in State last year and by the eye test has some of the biggest Next Level upside in the state.

No Billy Christie on this list anywhere is the other glaring omission. He is top 10 worthy.

Hart wrestled everywhere and competed well, impressive young man, but would have to beat Emery for me to rank him ahead of him. Emery earned that in their last meeting.

Jordie White has to be in the Top 10 off of his SC accomplishments alone. On his way to being a 4X SC, not many can say that.

#7 BridgeMaster9000

BridgeMaster9000

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:13 PM

Mansfield hands down should be number 1 on any list and barring injury should be the #1 recruit out of SC this year. It will also be interesting to see how he gets recruited, i do not know his accademic situation, if he gets recruited at all heavily. I also do not know his weight for the upcoming year but I can only hope its 138/145 and we get to see him and Alex Braden go at it for the title.

#8 ParTerre57

ParTerre57

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

Mansfield to Newberry per Newberry Instagram. Congrats to him! Very good get for the Wolves. 

#9 ParTerre57

ParTerre57

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Alex Braden to Coker. Very good get with lots of upside. Congrats to him!

JeffChapman-Dynamic