Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

PAC-7 2A 11/03/17

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Congrats to Randleman seen the score looks like they dominated all night!

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#27 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

I tell you what. If The Tigers continue to face teams who have no answer for their passing game, they may shock some people. Just don’t think they have the team speed to play with the top tier teams but they are playing well. Great win Randleman.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#28 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:01 AM

You boys stay away from Vegas.

It was a great win. High powered balance offense. Takes whatever they give em. You better have a well rounded, we'll coached defense or they'll make your night very long. Kudos to the defense pitched shutout deep into 3rd qtr long after game was already decided and over.
So proud of our Team and Coaches for being prepared and sticking to the script, executing. Nash has some good talented players but where to predictable both sides of the ball.

On to ED. Cannot wait and so looking forward to this one. Going for one reason only and that's to get the W and shock that corner of the world.

#29 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

As for Vegas, I predicted a tiger win by 2 scores. I also know when to cash out.

#30 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

I am beginning to question some you guys knowledge of the game called football ? A blind man could see that Nash Central was no match for Randleman. I saw Nash Central first hand and up close. I knew it was going to be a blow out from the start. As for east duplin I am hoping that Randleman beats them too. Give Handy some credit the man works his ass off over there and he deserves more than he is getting from some folks on the board. They have a good team and I am hoping for a upset. And for the record no I am not from Randleman I just stayed at a holiday inn express last night. Good luck Handy and Tigers bring one back to the area.

#31 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

Randleman 34 ED 21. Was reluctant to hand them 21 instead of 14, but throw one in there for a missed tackle.

Seen both teams play and not going into details. Bottom line if ED has to punt 3 or 4 plus times and RHS doesn't have turnovers, There will be a victory parade rolling back into Randleman in the wee hours next Saturday morning. Really feel good about this one. And like was said above there isn't a coaching staff in NC HS football that out works ours. That's saying alot. I witness first hand and can tell you they have been hard at it since late last night already preparing for ED.

Hope everyone has a Happy Turkey day and even though alot of us are rivals, really enjoy hearing,reading HS football junkies oponions.

#32 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:33 AM

@flyingsolo

I don't think anyone posting in this thread doubts the coaching acumen of Handy and his staff. I think for many of us, we have seen Randleman blaze through the regular season only to be sent home early in the playoffs. Handy is a very good coach and gets the most out of his team year-in and year-out. I hope they continue to win this post-season.

#33 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

That's good to know but why we always harp on last year hell I was 1 year younger last year and this year I am a year older. 2017. That's all that matters. I am sure we all have done something in years past but right now is what I concerned about. He is in the 3rd round practice on thanksgiving day. Do you think he cares about past playoffs nope. Best feeling in world is practicing on thanksgiving. Randleman 28 east duplin 21. That qb and receiver and rb are very good. Their defense bends but doest breAk. Going to be a good game. I am going with the tigers in a upset. Handy works his ass off. They will be prepared.

#34 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

That's good to know but why we always harp on last year hell I was 1 year younger last year and this year I am a year older. 2017. That's all that matters. I am sure we all have done something in years past but right now is what I concerned about. He is in the 3rd round practice on thanksgiving day. Do you think he cares about past playoffs nope. Best feeling in world is practicing on thanksgiving. Randleman 28 east duplin 21. That qb and receiver and rb are very good. Their defense bends but doest breAk. Going to be a good game. I am going with the tigers in a upset. Handy works his ass off. They will be prepared.

#35 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

#36 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

@flyingsolo

"Why we always harp on last year?"

Using the past as a reference point is not harping, instead, it is making informed calculations based on prior performance. This is Randleman's deepest play-off run in 20+ years indicating this discussion goes beyond last year. Using the past as a current hypothesis does not sentence anyone to a predetermined fate. Randleman has been a pleasant surprise this post-season. That doesn't erase early exits as a hallmark of prior seasons. 

Additionally, I have yet to read anyone on this thread or other threads related to the PAC-7 or Randleman question the work ethic of Handy or the preparation of his team. Questioning whether a team can win a game or make a post-season run is not a personal indictment of inability. Many times the opposition has more to do with wins and losses than work ethic, preparation, or "want to." Sometimes the opponent is simply better. So far, Randleman has proven to be the better team on Friday night 11 out of 12 weeks this year. Can they make it 12 out of 13? As someone who follows the PAC-7 i hope they can and I hope they do.

East Duplin is no pushover. They are 13-0 with three quality wins over Jacksonville (11-2; playing in the 3rd Rd of 3A), SW Onlsow (10-3; playing in the 3rd Rd of 2A); Wallace-Rose Hill (11-1; playing in the 3rd Rd of 2A). I think this will a great game. It's foolish to just assume Randleman will travel to Beulaville and walk away with the victory. If Randleman wins they will have earned it. And they will be celebrated if they do. 

#37 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

Part of me wants Randleman to win being from Randolph County! What am I thinking I hate everything about Randleman go ED hang 50 on them!! Let the trash talk begin

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#38 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Yep ED is 13-0 so was New England.15-0 and lost to a wildcard team. So point is with all the facts you stated basically mean nothing . Again going to be a good game. Nobody cares about previous years. They are in the 3rd round I don't last 5,6,7,years mean anything at this point. I don't think anyone is running round at practice saying "hey you know what happened the last few years we were in the playoffs" .Nope . They are not. Randleman is concentrating on beating ED. They are focused on that task only. Not past exits in pass years.

#39 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

That's why ER want be good in football anymore. Your well has run dry. The glory days are gone. No more Scott Riddles coming through. Going to be a door mat in the pac- 7 for years to come.

#40 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

That's why ER want be good in football anymore. Your well has run dry. The glory days are gone. No more Scott Riddles coming through. Going to be a door mat in the pac- 7 for years to come.

What is why?

Just last year ER beat orange/blue at their place to finish ahead of them in conference. (On a FG after their coach passes from own end zone with score tied and 1 minute left in game) Scottie didn't have anything to do with that.

Oh only thing about having a well is sometimes your neighbors sneak over and draw themselves a bucket every now and then. Boy those players on that SERMS team from 3 years ago really were good weren't they?

And it is won't not want...

#41 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:30 AM

That high powered Offense held its own Friday night. Nothing like "Orange Crush." Hoping they continue to win and represent Randolph County. Congratulations Randleman!!!!

#42 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

ER WHY IS WHAT? That's why ER is home watching the playoffs. Get bigger stronger faster. They WON'T be in the playoffs anytime soon. Its a 2 horse race buddy in the Pac7. We are not talking about you did last year your home this year. They are sneaking over because your program is going backwards. Better hope that Jv running back stays. If he doesn't he will be at Randleman or Asheboro.

#43 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yep ED is 13-0 so was New England.15-0 and lost to a wildcard team. So point is with all the facts you stated basically mean nothing . Again going to be a good game. Nobody cares about previous years. They are in the 3rd round I don't last 5,6,7,years mean anything at this point. I don't think anyone is running round at practice saying "hey you know what happened the last few years we were in the playoffs" .Nope . They are not. Randleman is concentrating on beating ED. They are focused on that task only. Not past exits in pass years.

If you are referencing the 2007 New England Patriots, they were 18-0 and lost to the NY Giants in the Super Bowl. Other than that, I am not sure of the reference to the 15-0 Patriots losing to a Wild Card. 

The past does matter as it affects psychology. The past can't be fully erased as many of the current habits teams have are rooted in a culture that preceded them. Where this psychology shows up is when a team is facing adversity on the road against a good opponent. If the road team is behind on the scoreboard the hardest obstacle is not overcoming the scoreboard, it is the doubt that creeps into mindset of the coaches and team. Does the coach begin to think, "Oh no, here we go again?" Do the players from the previous year begin to doubt themselves? This is how the past can but does not always influence the present. Doubts exist until proof is shown. 

Randleman hasn't been tested since September 4th. They haven't left the friendly confines of Gregory Stadium since October 20th. If and when they face it Friday, does Randleman have the mental resilience to overcome? Will they play tight? Will they try too hard? What will their mentality be if they are down 7 or 14 going into halftime or the fourth quarter? Can they handle possible momentum swings against them? 

These are legitimate questions for any team this time of year. 

#44 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:48 PM

Randleman will be eating nails and drinking motor oil for Thanksgiving day. Then roll off the bus down in the big metropolis of Beauliville 9 foot tall and bullet proof mentally Friday night.  They cant wait and are estactic about being the dog playing the # 1 seeded team. All the pressure is on ED, we are going there for one reason and thats to lay it on the line, walk the isle and to shock that corner of the world.

#45 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

ER WHY IS WHAT? That's why ER is home watching the playoffs. Get bigger stronger faster. They WON'T be in the playoffs anytime soon. Its a 2 horse race buddy in the Pac7. We are not talking about you did last year your home this year. They are sneaking over because your program is going backwards. Better hope that Jv running back stays. If he doesn't he will be at Randleman or Asheboro.

That is a joke you had to come get some horses from ER to get you to the 3rd round and everyone knows why Snipes went to Randleman plain and simple he did not want to play for Baxter! We are at home your right we stunk it up this year you think Randleman is on the rise cause for the first time since Moses parted the red sea your in the 3rd round don't get used to it because that little JV team from ER spanked yall when that QB leaves yall are done and you might better hope that Snipes don't jump fence back to ER to play for Cates how mny times has Randleman beat ER in 40 years 

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#46 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Love coach Handy and his staff. They also have mostly great kids. However, Randleman fans remind me of NC State fans. They are nowhere to be found and then come out of the woodwork flexing like Hulk Hogan in his prime when they finally get to play Thanksgiving week......

#47 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

OK a few things I feel like I need to respond to in this gibberish:

First if you had ever read any of my posts you would know after this year I will just be an interested observer as my son is a senior.

2 horse race? Guess either Andrews or Wheatmore as well as ER are left out of your future scenario?

You admit you are not from Randleman nor a fan and yet an expert? Interesting.

And lastly I highly doubt you have ever been or ever will be my buddy.

Go back to the 4A board where it looks like you spend most of your time.

#48 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

Randleman fans are great and fill their house up every Friday night for decades win,loose or draw. They have a great program and are reaping the fruits from their hard labor. The TB was on RHS JV last year as a freshmen. You'd be shocked at the high quality of players that chose to go elsewhere before this year and could be playing at RHS Friday night. 1 is a TB at Ledford and a couple up at HPA. So the door swings both ways.

RHS has been on top of the mtn and also at the bottom. Fact bout as low as it got was with the ER current head coach stint several years ago. It all runs in cycles 9 times out of 10 in HS football. ER had a great run and currently on a downward spiral. The fact is PG opening up pretty much ended a great run. You guys are like everyone else in this county. Your gonna have to develop talent. Starts in the MS and weight room. Your success from Aug 1 through Nov is determined by what you do from Dec 1- July 31. Same over here. The recipe is the same at both places now. All eitheir one of us control is we can out work everyone else. 5 star athletes are hard to come by, rare and don't fall off the tree in Randleman or Ramseur. If you have a coach with a vision who'll start from the ground up and be willing to work, you'll end up being successful in the long haul. But their are bumps along the way and Handy is going into like his 8th or so season now. So we've got some momentum and now the trick is to keep building on it. Lost a heartbreaking double OT game last year to HPA that would have made us conference champ. Missed pat end of 1st OT . It was a hard pill to swallow and rest of season wasn't the same. But credit to the kids that returned and coaches , they grind just as hard and it's paid off.

#49 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:17 AM

Love coach Handy and his staff. They also have mostly great kids. However, Randleman fans remind me of NC State fans. They are nowhere to be found and then come out of the woodwork flexing like Hulk Hogan in his prime when they finally get to play Thanksgiving week......

This! I want to tell them, "Act like you've been here before." Then I remember, oh, it's been 30+ years since they've been past the second round.

#50 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

You guys crack me up. I laugh at y'all. Go pack beat the tarholes . Randleman Tigers good luck on Friday. Get it done and shut those other people up above you who wished they had a football team. ER?????

JeffChapman-Dynamic