Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

PAC-7 2A 11/03/17

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

Wheatmore @ Andrews: After last week's loss to Trinity, I wonder about the mindset of Andrews going into the final game of the season. Wheatmore has handled themselves well this year and will enter the postseason at 10-1. Andrews gets a head start on the coaching search. WHS by 13.

Trinity @ Eastern Randolph: Trinity had their second win over Andrews all time last week. ER experienced a loss to Randleman. It's been a tough year for the Wildcats while Trinity has played well at times. THS by 2.

Providence Grove @ Jordan-Matthews: Game of the week in the PAC-7. OK, not really. PG should win going away as the Jets have been unable to get off the Tarmac this year. PG by 14. 

Randleman: Open

#2 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Wheatmore @ Andrews: After last week's loss to Trinity, I wonder about the mindset of Andrews going into the final game of the season. Wheatmore has handled themselves well this year and will enter the postseason at 10-1. Andrews gets a head start on the coaching search. WHS by 13.

Trinity @ Eastern Randolph: Trinity had their second win over Andrews all time last week. ER experienced a loss to Randleman. It's been a tough year for the Wildcats while Trinity has played well at times. THS by 2.

Providence Grove @ Jordan-Matthews: Game of the week in the PAC-7. OK, not really. PG should win going away as the Jets have been unable to get off the Tarmac this year. PG by 14. 

Randleman: Open

lb c'mon man Senior night at ER...

Couldn't you have favored them by 2?

#3 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:24 PM

Looks about right. After the debacle at Trinity, Andrews will mail it in last game against Wheatmore.

That being said, it’s darn near comical that Wheatmore will end up 10-1. Saw them play about mid year and they aren’t very good at all.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#4 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

I guess Andrews mailed it in .Smh.

#5 flyingsolo2day

flyingsolo2day

JV Team

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:50 AM

For the record Wheatmore is 9-2.

#6 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

Andrews didn’t play well honestly and I expected them to lose after last weeks debacle. As I’ve said numerous times, Wheatmore was probably the worst 9-1 Football team I’ve ever seen. Just shows you how weak their schedule turned out and how down some of the programs were.

#7 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:49 AM

Wheatmore 9-1 goes in as a 13th seed. In 2015, Wheatmore 5-6 goes in as a 13th seed. Does this sound right? I looked at the schedules and 2015 was way more competitive/stronger than 2017, but both 13 seeds??? Is this 9-1 season equivalent to the 5-6 seasons? How about the 2011 and 2012 seasons when Wheatmore went in with 5-6 records as an 8th seed?  How can 9-1 not be better than 5-6 when it comes to playoff seeding? That's just crazy. They've never been 9-1, nor have they ever won a playoff game. Maybe they can be the first to do that as well. Good luck to all playoff teams. 

#8 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

The way I understand it the almighty Maxpreps rankings are seeding the playoffs when it comes to wild cards. Going to have to take it up with them.

Wait...

Nobody knows who or where they are.

Never mind.

#9 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

Wheatmore 9-1 goes in as a 13th seed. In 2015, Wheatmore 5-6 goes in as a 13th seed. Does this sound right? I looked at the schedules and 2015 was way more competitive/stronger than 2017, but both 13 seeds??? Is this 9-1 season equivalent to the 5-6 seasons? How about the 2011 and 2012 seasons when Wheatmore went in with 5-6 records as an 8th seed?  How can 9-1 not be better than 5-6 when it comes to playoff seeding? That's just crazy. They've never been 9-1, nor have they ever won a playoff game. Maybe they can be the first to do that as well. Good luck to all playoff teams. 

And Wheatmore ended up actually 9-2 with losses to Randleman and Andrews which put them into the wildcard pile. I wish them well because they are from Randolph county but I am afraid that Friday night ride back may be a long one.

#10 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:30 AM

And then there was one. #1 in the conference, Randleman Tigers. Great showing from the Big Orange Machine. As for Andrews, not a good showing, and the Wheatmore dream season comes to an end. Andrews should come back strong next season, Wheatmore has a lot to replace. If there was a year to advance to the second round, it was this year. It;s hard to advance when you only play 3 playoff teams throughout the season. One of those teams were Friday night, and the other two were above them in the conference. Randleman being the lone Randolph County team has to carry the county. Good luck to the Tigers this week, as well as Andrews and Wheatmore as they began to prepare for next season. 

#11 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

@sportsjunkie

I must admit I was surprised by the outcome of the Randleman-RR game. I thought it would be closer than 43-7. Good for Handy and the Tigers.

I didn't think Wheatmore would advance once they drew S. Columbus. Good for the Warriors though having the best season in their history. Now the job will be for them to improve on this season and become a program not just a one-season wonder.

Andrews will be fine long-term once they stabilize the coaching situation. This was a tough year for the Red Raiders but they will bounce back.

#12 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:43 PM

@sportsjunkie

I must admit I was surprised by the outcome of the Randleman-RR game. I thought it would be closer than 43-7. Good for Handy and the Tigers.

THANKS; After hearing what Ive heard and seen on Nash Central, Tigers will be in good shape at the end of Friday night so long as they dont turnover the ball or have any other foot shooting mishaps. Its on them, they play their game theyll win 2-3 tds .

#13 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Also heard SW Randolph will be re-petioning the state after next year to be re classified 2a. They missed it by less than 20 students which is ashame considering they get the Uwharrie Charter Academy (6-12) counted against them and dont have one kid coming over to play from there.  Amazing how Ledford and NDHS get a "we assume" pass and SW gets held to the line.

Be great for them and conference to be in Pac 7. win -win for everyone rivalry/gates etc.

#14 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

Also heard SW Randolph will be re-petioning the state after next year to be re classified 2a. They missed it by less than 20 students which is ashame considering they get the Uwharrie Charter Academy (6-12) counted against them and dont have one kid coming over to play from there.  Amazing how Ledford and NDHS get a "we assume" pass and SW gets held to the line.

Be great for them and conference to be in Pac 7. win -win for everyone rivalry/gates etc.

That would be huge for them, but what would it do to the 3A conference they're currently in?  I can't believe the state holds the charter school over their head. They are two separate entities. If that's the case, why isn't UC competing in 3A sports?

#15 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

Good luck to SW Randolph in getting that changed.

Andrews is forced to count their aviation academy enrollment of 100ish kids each year because those kids attend Andrews for 2 of 4 periods per day thus making them full time despite the fact that these kids take their primary courses at their home school and 99.9% of the time play sports or participate in extracurricular at their home school. Take those aviation academy kids out and Andrews is already on the lower end of 2A. Of note, the primary middle school, Welborn, that feeds Andrews is down to 375 kids. Andrews also gets about 35-40% if the kids at Griffin which has about 700 kids this year I believe. Unless they redistrict and rebalance the lines in high Point back to pre 2000, Andrews may be big 1A at next realignment while Central, Southwest and Ragsdale all inch towards 2000 kids.

#16 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:24 PM

@Tigerfootball

You wrote: "THANKS; After hearing what Ive heard and seen on Nash Central, Tigers will be in good shape at the end of Friday so long as they dont turnover the ball or have any other foot shooting mishaps. Its on them, they play their game theyll win 2-3 tds."

At this point of the season I would caution against statements such as these. Nash Central is 10-2 on the season. Randleman has had a good season so far but this is also the time when Randleman has those "foot shooting mishaps" that send them home for the year. Under Handy they have yet to advance past the second round of the play-offs. Please understand, I hope Randleman wins this game. However, until they prove they can win in Round Two I will be hesitant to say they are 2-3 TD favorites. 

#17 lbedwards

lbedwards

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

@Tigerfootball

What do you mean that "Ledford and NDHS get a 'we assume' pass and SW gets held to the line"? There is no "we assume" about Ledfor and North Davidson. Oak Grove High School has opened and is drawing students from LHS and NDHS. This will become more evident in the next few years as the three schools will average about 900 students in 9-12. The enrollment of SWR will not be affected by a new public (not charter) school opening in the southwestern part of the county diverting students away from Hopewell Friends Road.

@GoNtheDistance

I do not understand the rationale behind the state forcing non-charter public schools to count students who are not full-time as you said about Andrews. This is just dumb. There is no reason for Andrews to border 1-AA when the other three schools you mentioned are maxed out as is. Guilford County Schools infuriate me. 

#18 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

@Tigerfootball

What do you mean that "Ledford and NDHS get a 'we assume' pass and SW gets held to the line"? There is no "we assume" about Ledfor and North Davidson. Oak Grove High School has opened and is drawing students from LHS and NDHS. This will become more evident in the next few years as the three schools will average about 900 students in 9-12. The enrollment of SWR will not be affected by a new public (not charter) school opening in the southwestern part of the county diverting students away from Hopewell Friends Road.

@GoNtheDistance

I do not understand the rationale behind the state forcing non-charter public schools to count students who are not full-time as you said about Andrews. This is just dumb. There is no reason for Andrews to border 1-AA when the other three schools you mentioned are maxed out as is. Guilford County Schools infuriate me.

True it is a public school, but I'd be shocked if even 1 kid opts to get in his car and ride 20 mins over to SWRHS to play football. I get your point and off technicality that is why they are where they are 3a. As far as ND goes, I beleive it when I see it they drop below 1050 9-12. Ledford maybe, but even then it will take more than 2 years to get their adm below 1050.

#19 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

@Tigerfootball

You wrote: "THANKS; After hearing what Ive heard and seen on Nash Central, Tigers will be in good shape at the end of Friday so long as they dont turnover the ball or have any other foot shooting mishaps. Its on them, they play their game theyll win 2-3 tds."

At this point of the season I would caution against statements such as these. Nash Central is 10-2 on the season. Randleman has had a good season so far but this is also the time when Randleman has those "foot shooting mishaps" that send them home for the year. Under Handy they have yet to advance past the second round of the play-offs. Please understand, I hope Randleman wins this game. However, until they prove they can win in Round Two I will be hesitant to say they are 2-3 TD favorites.

I JUST call it like I see it. History has nothing to do with Friday night. Whole different set of circumstances. The reason RHS hasn't advanced past round 2 in forever has more to do with lack horses to overcome better equipped opponents. Other words just flat out got beat by better team. Last year is prime example, drew what ended up being state runner up first round. It's all about matchups, having and gaining momentum through playoffs verse already peaking, dealing with injuries etc. I feel like if RHS plays like they are capable and turnover free they should win by 2 or 3 tds. And just as easily if they come out flat,or turnover the ball like last week very well may loose by same margin. There are no gurantees in sports,espeacilly HS football. As a fan ,like the kids I'm just living in the moment. Tommorow will take care of tommorow. Not wish casting a tiger victory just providing a honest opinion of what I think should and could happen.it's 0 to 0 and everyone is 0 and 0 till Friday night 730. Got complete faith and confidence the boys will represent Randolph County and the PAC 7 well. If I thought they would loose because of history or the other team was better I'd say so. Nash Central will be a formidable opponent. Could see a shootout and whoever has the ball last wins or defense continues playing like they have and offense explodes like they do every week. Gonna be a blast watching.

#20 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

Nash Central to me is underrated there QB makes plays, and is hard to get on the ground from what I have seen they play a very physical style football that sometimes leads to them giving up big plays. Randleman has more speed no doubt but I'm not sold on Randleman being physical enough to outlast these guys. I give the upper hand to Nash Central because of there physical play Nash Central 35 Randleman 21

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#21 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Hoping Randleman shows well But as somebody else said above, for whatever reason, they shart themselves in round 2 even when they get a good draw and are the better team in round 2.

#22 ER-LEGEND

ER-LEGEND

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

Hoping Randleman shows well But as somebody else said above, for whatever reason, they shart themselves in round 2 even when they get a good draw and are the better team in round 2.

There at home for this 2nd round matchup, I won't go into any details lol. I will still take Nash Central there to physical

THE LEGEND HAS SPOKE!!

#23 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

Being at home for Randleman is worth a touchdown no less lol. I’m a big Handy fan and this comment is not to take away from his staff or his kids at Randleman because it was happening before he got there but in over 50 years watching high school football, I’ve never seen more sketchy officiating consistently at the same place, almost always in favor of the home team.

#24 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Tigerfootball as I have already said orange/blue team was by far the best in PAC7 this year. What I believe could hurt them is their schedule. Only 3 teams they played made playoffs. Ledford, who gave them their only loss, Andrews and Wheatmore. Of those only Ledford survived the first round. Heck even on 3-8 Eastern Randolph schedule there were six playoff teams of which three are still playing, including your favorite HS.

​Reidsville has proven that a less than stellar schedule is not a hindrance if your team is championship quality.

Yes orange/blue has been feasting on teams since conference season began but as Distance and I both have stated PAC7 was WAY down this year.

Your team very well may win this Friday as I know nothing about their opponent except record. Also if they make it past 3rd round against the team most people think they will have to play then perhaps even I become a believer.

Believer yes, supporter eh...

#25 Tigerfootball

Tigerfootball

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Tigerfootball as I have already said orange/blue team was by far the best in PAC7 this year. What I believe could hurt them is their schedule. Only 3 teams they played made playoffs. Ledford, who gave them their only loss, Andrews and Wheatmore. Of those only Ledford survived the first round. Heck even on 3-8 Eastern Randolph schedule there were six playoff teams of which three are still playing, including your favorite HS.

​Reidsville has proven that a less than stellar schedule is not a hindrance if your team is championship quality.

Yes orange/blue has been feasting on teams since conference season began but as Distance and I both have stated PAC7 was WAY down this year.

Your team very well may win this Friday as I know nothing about their opponent except record. Also if they make it past 3rd round against the team most people think they will have to play then perhaps even I become a believer.

Believer yes, supporter eh...

Fair enough and appreciate hearing everyones opinions. Yes Ledford game we gaffed and played that monday night as bout as bad as we could offensively. Got Beat and as bad as we played had the ball on the 15yd line 10 secs to go and hit wide open wr right in the numbers with a pass on 4th down and he dropped it for the win. But since that game open week to follow we havent looked back. It was a blessing in disquise, espeacilly for all the sophs and jrs we play with. They realized you dont win on Friday night off talent alone. 

Fast forward to this week, Ive seen everyone in the 2aa east play with the exception of WC and WS. No doubt RHS has as good a team talent wise this year to not only challenge but win out. However they have to play their A game. Despite the amazing job Defense has done, they are young and Its no doubt the Offense that will carry them verse the heavyweights. If their defense can hold opponents to low 20s each game, their Offense will no doubt hang a minimum of  that on anybody they face, IF they dont turn over the ball and have costly penalties. 2 things they control. I have yet to see anyone that shows me they can stop the offense when its rolling but the offense wearing Orange and Blue. 

We know the recipe and old saying,Defense wins championships, and Im a firm beleiver as we get deeper into playoffs , never is that statement more true. So I caution myself in knowing that as good as our defense has been up to this point, getting better every week with young talent, when the rubber hits the road it will be the offense job to take pressure off the defense. We have had the luxury of it being the other way around for 8 straight games. The 32 points they've given up in that time span where off a Offensive turnover on the 10 yd line, and mop up duty against second team exception being 1 maybe 2 drives. 

Thats a summary of where we are at. We continue to get better every week and have Mo on our side. Got faith the players and coaches have the gravel in their gut to get er done. Still think we havent peaked or reached our potential because of so much youth and thankfully we have the blessing of being pretty healthy for this late in the season. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic