Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Basketball Season is Just Around the Corner!

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Steve Johnston

Steve Johnston

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

South Iredell boys beat Lake Norman 100-94 last night. Blew most of a 22 point 2nd half lead but held on. South is a totally differant team with Zane Haglan(did not play in holiday tournament).

Whoa!..now that's a score that will make you sit up and take notice.

#52 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

The Mitchell/Avery game was good. Best game Mitchell has played. Mckinney provided a spark last night. Just could not contain Heath who went for what had to be 40+. Mitchell boys have a couple of kids from Avery,1 who came more so for football and the other well I'm not sure just came over a few weeks ago.

Girls game was a battle both teams played extremely hard but neither shot very well. Mitchell girls must shoot better to beat Heritage. The young lady from Avery county who plays for the girls is the sister of the young man who came for football. She has fit in very well with the lady Mountaineers and has a bright future over the next 4 years.

Yes the game last season was a huge upset.

GO MOUNTIANEERS

#53 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

The Heath kid a a player for sure. Hard to shut him down for 4 quarters. I would expect both games to be pretty good tomorrow. I know school is out and that seems to cause some sloppy play for the most part. Heritage is coming in early at #2 in the state for 2A on Maxpreps. May he a little high but have some good wins so far this season. Time will tell.

#54 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

I would put Heritage around 7 to 10th. They have a very good team but some super athletic, talented teams down east

#55 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:18 PM

Before the loss to SM Heritage girls were #1 in 2a and Mitchell #2 1a.

#56 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Girls game could be a good one for sure. I look for MH to come out firing on all cylinders. Did not play their best game at Smokey Mtn. and I suspect Coach Shelton will be out to make a statement.

#57 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

No doubt that Shelton is a great coach. As I mentioned earlier Mitchell's girls are not playing as well on offence the past couple of games but have been playing very well on the defensive end.

But as with all Heritage Mitchell games, boys and girls, who knows what will happen. Could go into multiple ot's or be a blowout. Just hope they get to play tonight being Mitcell county is out of school.

#58 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Just heard games have been cancelled tonight at Mitchell to be made up on January 15. Offer was put out to trade home game dates and play at Heritage tonight, after an issue with heat in the Mitchell gym, but was declined. I think Heritage has Owen on Tuesday. Not sure about Mitchell.

JeffChapman-Dynamic