Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Top 25 Power Rankings (10/10/17)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 radioguy16

radioguy16

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:55 AM

East Wilkes looks very good. I think they'll be tested by Wilkes Central later in the year but can't deny that EW looks like a contender. I don't think they're on Tarboros level though.

This is the game everyone has marked because WC has the best chance to beat EW in the conference by far! Only 3 weeks till the two titans clash! Gonna be a fun game this year as both teams have weapons all around the field. 

#27 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:15 AM

East Surry is the darkhorse here, they have made some changes at qb which ( in my opinion ) has been the diffrence. From what i understand he will be back there to stay starting this week. The cards i seen at ragsdale can beat anybody in the top 10. Hauser started 12 games at qb last year so i dont know the reason behind him not being at the helm for the start of the season. The team i seen the first game of the season against east wilkes made me think my bears would put a revenge beating on them the last week of regular season. Now i think its gonna be a hell of a game and the bears are flat out loaded. Cards are 6-1 or 7-0 or worst case 5-2 right now with him back there. For a side note East Wilkes beats wilkes central by 2 touchdowns last game of the season, East Wilkes is as good as advertised!! If east surry and east wilkes hook up again in the post season i will take the cards by 2.

#28 radioguy16

radioguy16

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

East Surry is the darkhorse here, they have made some changes at qb which ( in my opinion ) has been the diffrence. From what i understand he will be back there to stay starting this week. The cards i seen at ragsdale can beat anybody in the top 10. Hauser started 12 games at qb last year so i dont know the reason behind him not being at the helm for the start of the season. The team i seen the first game of the season against east wilkes made me think my bears would put a revenge beating on them the last week of regular season. Now i think its gonna be a hell of a game and the bears are flat out loaded. Cards are 6-1 or 7-0 or worst case 5-2 right now with him back there. For a side note East Wilkes beats wilkes central by 2 touchdowns last game of the season, East Wilkes is as good as advertised!! If east surry and east wilkes hook up again in the post season i will take the cards by 2.

Which Cards GDAWG lol 

#29 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:27 AM

#30 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

#31 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:33 AM

Cant go wrong with the cards in the prediction made Radioguy . Lot of good matchups coming our way come playoff time. I hear the Bears will be going 1AA come playoff time. Lot of people sleeping on North Stanly and North Rowan as well, gonna be a fun 5 weeks in deed, come second round things could get dicey. Hoping to see a old northwest 1a showdown with east wilkes and the Bears. Seen both teams on good nights and man both are lights out. Intrigued by the secondaries in this one , Vestal has a cannon and a couple recievers to boot and the Bears have Greene and company back there to defend. VERY IMPRESSED with east last week at starmount, will see the Bears tonight in walnut cove. If the bears do go small nothing easy down there this year either, seen both Murphy and Mitchell they are both down right physicall and nasty. But i must ask both east wilkes and murphy faithful , whats up with the kicking game? I have to think that will hurt a little at some point come playoff time??

#32 radioguy16

radioguy16

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

Cant go wrong with the cards in the prediction made Radioguy . Lot of good matchups coming our way come playoff time. I hear the Bears will be going 1AA come playoff time. Lot of people sleeping on North Stanly and North Rowan as well, gonna be a fun 5 weeks in deed, come second round things could get dicey. Hoping to see a old northwest 1a showdown with east wilkes and the Bears. Seen both teams on good nights and man both are lights out. Intrigued by the secondaries in this one , Vestal has a cannon and a couple recievers to boot and the Bears have Greene and company back there to defend. VERY IMPRESSED with east last week at starmount, will see the Bears tonight in walnut cove. If the bears do go small nothing easy down there this year either, seen both Murphy and Mitchell they are both down right physicall and nasty. But i must ask both east wilkes and murphy faithful , whats up with the kicking game? I have to think that will hurt a little at some point come playoff time??

Alot of good points made Gdawg. The kicking issue with EW is more less just one of those things they are successful at 2 point conversions but I feel like they will have a kicker come playoff week.  

#33 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:20 AM

But i must ask both east wilkes and murphy faithful , whats up with the kicking game? I have to think that will hurt a little at some point come playoff time??

I addressed this on the other site gdawg, Murphy's kicking game has been straightened out since you last saw them.

Katelyn Jones is still doing the PAT's and she is 23-25 on PAT's over her last four games, including a perfect 11-11 in the last two, she gains more confidence with each passing week.

Devonte Murray is kicking off now though and that's where the major difference resides. Murray has a huge leg and has consistently put the ball inside the 5 with multiple touchbacks in each of the last four games.

#34 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

#35 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

#36 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Smc, . How is the home stretch looking out west this year? I watch alot of 1a ball but excited about 2a this year as well, reidsville is the question mark there, they go east a showdown with wallace rose hill looms in the final , go west and shelby is lurking, great matchups both ways. Most deff the greatest time of the year.

#37 Bravenation

Bravenation

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

Well how much cherokee is banged up we are nowhere near a top 10 team. Came out flat the last two weeks and I don't think we have any rbs left. Crazy year for that position.

#38 DaBluePrint1

DaBluePrint1

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Kicking game is no issue for EW he went probably 5-6 last night. It was the 1st night that they've used him. Their 2pt conversion % is probably 90 or so..so I guess they get a little greedy with the success rate being that high.

#39 KW23

KW23

Established Member

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

Who all is injured for cherokee?

#40 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

We have two kickers. That's strange but it's working.

#41 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

We have two kickers. That's strange but it's working.

Mitchell has 2 kickers...

#42 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:54 PM

Of course we got 2 kickers. LOL

#43 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

Yeah but we don't even got a soccer team. Lol

#44 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Knights I was poking a little fun. We do a lot of squib kicking and seldom kick an extra point. It is just what Heiritage does. Has become pretty effective.

#45 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:28 AM

Yeah i know you was.

#46 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

I addressed this on the other site gdawg, Murphy's kicking game has been straightened out since you last saw them.

Katelyn Jones is still doing the PAT's and she is 23-25 on PAT's over her last four games, including a perfect 11-11 in the last two, she gains more confidence with each passing week.

Devonte Murray is kicking off now though and that's where the major difference resides. Murray has a huge leg and has consistently put the ball inside the 5 with multiple touchbacks in each of the last four games.

Katelyn Jones a perfect 8-8 on PAT's Friday and Devonte Murray had 3-4 more touchbacks on kickoffs, kicking game the least of Murphy's problems at the moment.

JeffChapman-Dynamic