Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Top 25 Power Rankings (10/10/17)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,430 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

i-v27Ptw5-XL.png

#2 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Chris,

I really did not expect Mitchell to drop that far. They lost to a pretty decent team and never quit the entire game. I assume the other 1 loss teams are ahead of them for SOS? Murphy's loss should be very similar to Franklin, as Heritage and Franklin are ranked really close in all polls. I could see those 2 teams meeting again in the West Finals, if the cards fall right. I'm sure Cherokee and a couple of other teams will have some input to the way that goes   

#3 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

Holmes got downed pretty hard by Northeastern who is very good, Murphy lost a tight one to Franklin who is very good, and Mitchell lost to Heritage who is very good. I think the rankings are fair, Mitchell's schedule is hurting them in that area. I'm not worried tho, it will all come out in the wash in late November/early December.

#4 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

I dont see anyone out side top 10 that Robbinsville wouldn't beat.

#5 Leopard 94

Leopard 94

JV Team

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

Knights Lakewood would beat robbinsville like a drum

#6 pianoman

pianoman

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:38 PM

A team not ranked which you probably do not want see in your playoff brackets is East Surry. They have a 4-3 record. But they have lost to East Wilkes (undefeated and ranked very high)by 16, 2-A North Surry (lost 1 game)by 4, and 4-A Ragsdale by 1.

#7 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:02 PM

Okay kitty. No one's taken the bait.

#8 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:16 PM

North Stanly and WM would have something to say about that Knights, let's not write us off just yet.

#9 Leopard 94

Leopard 94

JV Team

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

I don't see anybody in the top 10 that Lakewood couldn't beat on any given night there knights

#10 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Yes, your right about East Surry.

#11 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

I dont see anyone out side top 10 that Robbinsville wouldn't beat.

Looking forward to October 27th.

#12 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

I don't see anybody in the top 10 that Lakewood couldn't beat on any given night there knights

Easy there hoss. Tarboro is a defensive machine with offense out the wazoo, and East Wilkes is gonna give lots of kids nightmares come playoff time. Mount Airy is they're typical "I dare you to" team, and Murphy is just friggin Murphy. Not to mention Cherokee, Mitchell and Holmes.

#13 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,301 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Knights Lakewood would beat robbinsville like a drum

lol Robbinsville's defense would neuter Lakewood. Robbinsville is not far off top 10 2A Franklin as far as the best defense Murphy has seen this season. If the Black Knights were as potent offensively as they are defensively they would be a title contender.

#14 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

lol Robbinsville's defense would neuter Lakewood. Robbinsville is not far off top 10 2A Franklin as far as the best defense Murphy has seen this season. If the Black Knights were as potent offensively as they are defensively they would be a title contender.

Robbinsville is averaging close to 300 yds rushing a game..The Knights passing game is what will doom us this year..It is basically non existent.

#15 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

The passing game has gotten better the last few weeks

#16 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

The passing game has gotten better the last few weeks

Yea we are avg 40 yards a game now..lol
We have to start completing passes or we are fixing to be in big trouble. Coaches are trying but it's not happening. We have thrown 70 passes all year, which equals about 10 a game.Thats about Robbinsville's avg the past several years. Completing the passes is whats horrible. We have 24 completions all year, and some of those were completed by the backup QBs.

#17 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:56 AM

Sounds like anyone who plays Robbinsville should put at least 8 men in the box on defense.  Cover 1 man to man on the outside and one safety back deep.   I have heard nothing but good things about Robbinsville's defense this season.  How deep is Robbinsville this season?  Injuries?  

#18 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

We are not deep at lineman.

#19 radioguy16

radioguy16

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:21 AM

East Wilkes is as well coached as any team on this list no doubt in my mind. Mount Airy is my big curiosity where they may fall in a months time, also North Stanley and North Rowan will be very tough matchups    

#20 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

East Wilkes is as well coached as any team on this list no doubt in my mind. Mount Airy is my big curiosity where they may fall in a months time, also North Stanley and North Rowan will be very tough matchups

I honestly think that East Wilkes is every bit as good as Tarboro, they just achieve success differently. I have much respect for the cardinals and their fans, and Adkins is a keen sonovagun.

#21 radioguy16

radioguy16

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

I honestly think that East Wilkes is every bit as good as Tarboro, they just achieve success differently. I have much respect for the cardinals and their fans, and Adkins is a keen sonovagun.

Mountie thanks for the love on the Cards! I feel they have a chance to do something special this year this team is alot like the 2015 team yall beat but in some ways I believe this years team is better than the 2015 team just because there are so many weapons they can use its all around and Coaching is a big key in that.

#22 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:58 PM

We are not deep at lineman.

I thought Robbinsville's line was one of the most physical I've seen this season. I know you folks are excited about your backfield next year but what about your line play? How much do you lose or gain there?

#23 InnerCityPreps

InnerCityPreps

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Mountie thanks for the love on the Cards! I feel they have a chance to do something special this year this team is alot like the 2015 team yall beat but in some ways I believe this years team is better than the 2015 team just because there are so many weapons they can use its all around and Coaching is a big key in that.

East Wilkes looks very good. I think they'll be tested by Wilkes Central later in the year but can't deny that EW looks like a contender. I don't think they're on Tarboros level though.
- Simply stated.

#24 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

I thought Robbinsville's line was one of the most physical I've seen this season. I know you folks are excited about your backfield next year but what about your line play? How much do you lose or gain there?

We lose the entire line. We lost key lineman in 2014,2015 and 2016 that nobody thought could be replaced. In my opinion we have the best line coach in the SMC. If anybody has noticed a difference in our line play since 2013,the credit goes to Coach Maldwin. He will have a line ready to play next year..maybe not the biggest but they will be very mean and quick .We won't need an elite line next year with the backs we are going to have. Kinda like Murphy this year.

#25 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

U never know we might have them rattler boys back home next yr.

JeffChapman-Dynamic