Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Mid-State 3A QB commits....

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Hayden Mann lefty QB from Eastern Alamance has committed to Furman University. Many thought he'd take the bball route. Happy to see him continue to play football on the college level next year. I think he will continue to excel.

#2 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

He is legit!!! Got to see him Friday night at Northern and was extremely impressed. Great size, speed and awareness. Furman picked up a winner.

#3 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:31 AM

Hayden Mann lefty QB from Eastern Alamance has committed to Furman University. Many thought he'd take the bball route. Happy to see him continue to play football on the college level next year. I think he will continue to excel.

I was one of those who thought he'd end up on the hardwood.  Then I saw him on the football field for the first time last year and thought, "He's not bad.  I bet his football recruitment will pick up before too long."  Glad to see the hard work has paid off.  Congrats, Mr. Mann.

#4 Beyonder

Beyonder

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

The best qb in the Mid-State 3A is at WA and it's not even close.

#5 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

Based on?

#6 Beyonder

Beyonder

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

Based on?

His full ride commitment to Miami OH.

#7 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Daniels is talented. As is Mann. Both athletic lefties with speed, field vision, and impressive passing ability. My original post wasn't a comparison, but a statement on the D1 talent that's getting recognized coming from the Mid-State 3A conference. Congrats to Daniels and Mann on hard work paying off.

#8 EA#1EagleFan

EA#1EagleFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

Stats for this year 2017.

Hayden Mann  EA                               Christian Daniels   WA

Passing Yards                 1005                                                          1097 

Rushing Yards                  511                                                           364

Looks pretty even to me. 

#9 EA#1EagleFan

EA#1EagleFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:04 AM

Daniels is talented. As is Mann. Both athletic lefties with speed, field vision, and impressive passing ability. My original post wasn't a comparison, but a statement on the D1 talent that's getting recognized coming from the Mid-State 3A conference. Congrats to Daniels and Mann on hard work paying off.

I agree. Both WA & EA have produced some great athletes. What about Jake Christman? I think that he is the best overall athlete in the Mid-State 3A. He is a QB, Receiver, Running Back and Defensive Back all rolled into one. He can do it all.

#10 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:09 AM

Agree.....great the talent is being recognized. Both Mann and Daniels are very very good at many aspects of the game. I would also submit that Jakob Lenard is having an outstanding year for Northern. He has only played 4 games but some strong stats......1100 yards with 13 TDs.

#11 EA#1EagleFan

EA#1EagleFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Agree.....great the talent is being recognized. Both Mann and Daniels are very very good at many aspects of the game. I would also submit that Jakob Lenard is having an outstanding year for Northern. He has only played 4 games but some strong stats......1100 yards with 13 TDs.

As strong as NG looked against EA I would say they are turning things back around and may be peaking at the right time. It looks like they have found a QB in Jakob Lenard. Those are impressive numbers for just 4 games.

#12 Beyonder

Beyonder

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

I think there are only 2 QB commits in the Mid-State 3A so far this season. People will naturally compare the two, especially in a couple of weeks when their teams play against each other. Daniels also starts as a defensive back for WA. I haven't had a chance to see Lenard play but I'm looking forward to doing so.

The season has flown by. The playoffs will start a little under a month from now. Unbelievable.

#13 BlindsideNC2016

BlindsideNC2016

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

His full ride commitment to Miami OH.

I saw on Twitter where Mann got an offer from JMU this weekend. Pretty impressive for Alamance County QBs.

#14 Beyonder

Beyonder

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

I agree. Both WA & EA have produced some great athletes. What about Jake Christman? I think that he is the best overall athlete in the Mid-State 3A. He is a QB, Receiver, Running Back and Defensive Back all rolled into one. He can do it all.

What qb offers do Jake Christman have?

#15 EA#1EagleFan

EA#1EagleFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:45 AM

I have not read about any college offers for Christman. Not sure what route he is going after high school.  I only mentioned him when talking about both EA and WA producing some special athletes. In my view, he seems to be the single most versatile and athletic player in the Mid-State conference this year. When you read about the WA games he seems to be the game changer with big plays and scoring. I have seen him play and he is very fast and agile running across the field. He can easily turn a 20 yard reception into a 50 yard TD. As far as talent, he seems to be ahead of most players on the field. If your team needs a score he is definitely the man to have the ball.

#16 EA#1EagleFan

EA#1EagleFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Just saw on the Western Alamance Football facebook page that his first offer was from East Tennessee State University. Not sure what position they are offering him.

#17 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,430 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:17 PM

Mann and Daniels are two completely different types of quarterbacks, I don't even think its comparing apples to apples when it comes to their style.  Is either better than the other?  It all comes down to what system they're in and what the coach asks them to do.  I personally think that Daniels could play any position on the field and do it well, Mann sort of reminds me more of a Phillip Rivers type, a big, country strong kid that can sling it all over the yard.  

Either way, Alamance County is lucky to have these two kids to watch.  

#18 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

Well put Chris. Nighthawks are glad to have Mann in the rear view mirror....looking out over the hood at Daniels is concerning. Both special in their own way. A few tough games in between but could be set up for a fun game between NG and WA on November 3rd. Isn’t it great that we have all 4 seasons in NC.......Winter, Spring, Summer and Football!!

#19 Beyonder

Beyonder

Rookie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

Both Daniels and Mann are dual threat qbs.  They most certainly can be compared but the "systems" they play in are different.  One kid is the focal point of their offense, while the other kid is underutilized until the defense adjusts to their "gameplan". 

JeffChapman-Dynamic