Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Mooresville at LKN

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

LKN is coming off a big loss to Hough 62-20 , Mooresville is coming in off a loss to Vance 28-14

Mooresville is 2-5 , LKN is 1-6! This is Rivalry Week! Who will win? Your thoughts?!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 03:55 PM

Mooresville needs the win to keep their very slim playoff hopes alive. Lose and it’s over

#3 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:56 PM

Mooresville has yet to win a road game. This could be one? Mooresville 20-10 Lake Norman

#4 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

Mooresville 28 Lake Norman 14

#5 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

I personally see this as a close game: Mooresville 28 LKN 20

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#6 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

LKN will be without their Starting Qb due to a broken collard bone

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#7 Rick Harrington

Rick Harrington

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:08 PM

Someone mentioned the playoffs!  Just what are you smoking?  The way this team has performed this year an invitation to the playoffs should be rejected.  Going to the playoffs is a reward.  What is to be rewarded?

#8 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Someone mentioned the playoffs! Just what are you smoking? The way this team has performed this year an invitation to the playoffs should be rejected. Going to the playoffs is a reward. What is to be rewarded?

Well I’m 4A it looks like playoffs are seemingly all inclusive lol. Trust me we wouldn’t be the one not team with a losing record in (How sad is that)

#9 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

I got a question. Since there is not as many 4A teams will this reduce the amount of teams making it in the playoffs. Example for the I-Meck will this reduce the amount of teams making it in the playoffs than normally they would have?

#10 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:53 PM

I got a question. Since there is not as many 4A teams will this reduce the amount of teams making it in the playoffs. Example for the I-Meck will this reduce the amount of teams making it in the playoffs than normally they would have?

The state cut down the 1A and 4a playoff fields because of this... 48 teams make it (24 big, 24 small). Hence why were are disgustingly still in a playoff picture

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Mooresville JV 34 LKN 14

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 Cover9

Cover9

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

I miss the days when Mooresville-LKN shut the town down.

#13 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

I miss the days when Mooresville-LKN shut the town down.

I think that was only 1 or 2 times haha. Definitely one for sure

#14 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

14-10 , it was a battle but personally I feel like it should been 35-10 Mooresville but Mooresville stalled out on some drives or penalties would stop the drive.

Mooresville came out hot n score 7-0 early then LKN kicked a fg after Mooresville stopped them on 3rd done late 1st. 14-7 was the half time score.

Then LKN came back after a bad fake punt attempted and scored a TD 14-10 in late 3rd n it would go back n forth with few fumbles and penalties and what not n that would be ur final.

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#15 5Tool

5Tool

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

The game tonight between both teams was filled with penalties and turnovers as both teams struggled throughout the game. Neither offense was dynamic and certainly not at the playoff caliber. Given the records of both teams it was no surprise the crowd was significantly smaller than the past 4 to 5 years.

#16 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:17 PM

Any win vs the other school I’ll take. Listening on the radio— glad I saved my money haha. That was gross. On to the next

#17 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

If you came to the South game you might seen 10 penalties

#18 MHS

MHS

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

Any win vs the other school I’ll take. Listening on the radio— glad I saved my money haha. That was gross. On to the next

I'm glad you saved your money. Rivalry games are great and this one was right up there with the best MHS/LKN games. Please stay at home next time too.

#19 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

I'm glad you saved your money. Rivalry games are great and this one was right up there with the best MHS/LKN games. Please stay at home next time too.

With all due respect , This was not near the best of the LKN and Mooresville Rivalry! Atmosphere was dead , Not the biggest crowd for either side. Both teams are Down 1-6 / 3-5 after this game was played and this was one most sloppiest game I seen in this rivalry

Some of the best was 2013,2014 and I believe 2005 or 2006 when they went 7 OTs and their were probably others as well

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#20 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:23 PM

I surely hope that you are joking right? Lol. I had it on the radio and even I could tell that this was a sloppy ball game between two struggling football teams. This isn’t anywhere near some of the best LKN/MHS games and you’re in total denial if you think it was. Good grief... delusional much?

JeffChapman-Dynamic