Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

PAC-7 2A 10/06/17

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

Andrews @ Eastern Randolph: ER has caught offensive fire the last two weeks, putting up 81 points on PG and J-M. Even though the Raiders are coming off a drubbing at Reidsville, they should have just enough to leave Ramseur with a win. Andrews by 7

Jordan-Matthews @ Randleman: The Jets offer little resistance to the Tigers. Randleman by 35+.

Providence Grove @ Trinity: Trinity rebounds this week. Trinity by 4.

Wheatmore - Open

#2 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Andrews @ Eastern Randolph: ER has caught offensive fire the last two weeks, putting up 81 points on PG and J-M. Even though the Raiders are coming off a drubbing at Reidsville, they should have just enough to leave Ramseur with a win. Andrews by 7

Jordan-Matthews @ Randleman: The Jets offer little resistance to the Tigers. Randleman by 35+.

Providence Grove @ Trinity: Trinity rebounds this week. Trinity by 4.

Wheatmore - Open

Well kind of a mixed bag of results for you this week. In defense of your picks I agreed with them across the board before last night (except I thought Andrews was a little better than they are)

Andrews won by 6.

Randleman by a 100 or so.

PG put up 42 against Trinity in a surprise to me as well.

Wheatmore whipped up on bye.

Looks to me like conference is orange/blue team's to lose.

UGH.

#3 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

I completely whiffed on the Trinity-Providence Grove game! I honestly did not think the Patriots had a 42-point game in them. I was wrong.

The PAC-7 does look like it belongs to Randleman this year. I think Andrews makes it a game on Friday, but Randleman is on a roll this year.

#4 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

I completely whiffed on the Trinity-Providence Grove game! I honestly did not think the Patriots had a 42-point game in them. I was wrong.

The PAC-7 does look like it belongs to Randleman this year. I think Andrews makes it a game on Friday, but Randleman is on a roll this year.

Andrews has an unimaginative offense. Ran up middle 70 times. Only scored on 2 long TD passes. Only route they ran all night.

Randleman by 14 at least.

#5 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Randleman is the class of the conference this year. I don't think anybody can match their discipline and execution.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#6 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Randleman is the class of the conference this year. I don't think anybody can match their discipline and execution.

Unfortunately I have to reluctantly and hesitantly agree Distance.

That is all the adverbs I could fit in that sad statement about the orange/blue team.

#7 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

ER and Andrews just too young and undisciplined. Talent is there to compete well but just don't have all the bases covered to beat the Tigers this year.

#8 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

ER and Andrews just too young and undisciplined. Talent is there to compete well but just don't have all the bases covered to beat the Tigers this year.

Undisciplined I agree with but ER has 20 seniors I believe. The new regime has chosen to not play some of them in certain positions that a lot played last year, manning those spots with younger players often. Oh well the team had a good run last year.

And Andrews has the talent but switching coaches at last minute cannot be a good thing.

#9 SportsJunkie

SportsJunkie

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

This weeks predictions:

Randleman @ Andrews

*Randleman by 21. This is for the conference Championship. I do think Andrews will come to play and being at home helps, but the Handy Machine will be too much. Randleman will finish this conference 6-0.

Wheatmore @ Providence Grove

*Intriguing matchup. PG being at home has me wanting to pick them. I don't want to count out the Warriors, but after seeing PG put up 42, I think I'm going to go with PG and my Conference outlook will change again. Wheatmore has had a good year, but if they can't get this one, it could be downhill. I predicted a 2-4 record in conference, could they prove me wrong? Finishing 6-5 still not bad, but 2-4 in conference isn't what's expected by the Warriors. PG could be the opposite and start off slow and finish strong at 3-3 in conference.

Trinity @ Jordan-Matthews

*I'm taking Trinity by 14. Trinity will bounce back after PG and get back on track with a win here. With Randleman, Andrews and ER left, this could be Trinity's last chance for a win. Trinity could finish 1-5 with ER, Andrews and Randleman left on the schedule. I predicted they would finish higher, but things change. JM will go 0-7. 

ER Bye Week

ER will has a chance to shock those who have doubted them. They have a good chance to finish 4-2 in the conference and lock up the 3rd spot. With Wheatmore, Randleman and Trinity left, it's in their hands.

My Conference Predictions:

Randleman 6-0

Andrews 5-1

Eastern Randolph 4-2

Providence Grove 3-3

Wheatmore 2-4

Trinity 1-5

Jordan-Matthews 0-6

#10 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:58 AM

I didn't realize ER had 20 seniors. That makes me feel a little better. The whole coaching situation really has killed Andrews this year. Coach didn't do hardly anything with them all summer, no 7 on 7's, barely lifted and then quit the Monday before practice started. They are also young and lost a few big time players to transfer when the old coach left and there was some uncertainty. Both of which were big time players for the raiders, a top LB and the returning QB.

#11 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:45 AM

I didn't realize ER had 20 seniors. That makes me feel a little better. The whole coaching situation really has killed Andrews this year. Coach didn't do hardly anything with them all summer, no 7 on 7's, barely lifted and then quit the Monday before practice started. They are also young and lost a few big time players to transfer when the old coach left and there was some uncertainty. Both of which were big time players for the raiders, a top LB and the returning QB.

I THOUGHT QB should have been back was not sure what had happened. If Andrews could liven up play calling a little they could give blue/orange a scare. Defense looked pretty good against run but may have trouble with aerial show of northern Randolph team. 

#12 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

This weeks predictions:

Randleman @ Andrews

*Randleman by 21. This is for the conference Championship. I do think Andrews will come to play and being at home helps, but the Handy Machine will be too much. Randleman will finish this conference 6-0.

*Intriguing matchup. PG being at home has me wanting to pick them. I don't want to count out the Warriors, but after seeing PG put up 42, I think I'm going to go with PG and my Conference outlook will change again. Wheatmore has had a good year, but if they can't get this one, it could be downhill. I predicted a 2-4 record in conference, could they prove me wrong? Finishing 6-5 still not bad, but 2-4 in conference isn't what's expected by the Warriors. PG could be the opposite and start off slow and finish strong at 3-3 in conference.

*I'm taking Trinity by 14. Trinity will bounce back after PG and get back on track with a win here. With Randleman, Andrews and ER left, this could be Trinity's last chance for a win. Trinity could finish 1-5 with ER, Andrews and Randleman left on the schedule. I predicted they would finish higher, but things change. JM will go 0-7. 

ER Bye Week

ER will has a chance to shock those who have doubted them. They have a good chance to finish 4-2 in the conference and lock up the 3rd spot. With Wheatmore, Randleman and Trinity left, it's in their hands.

Randleman 6-0

Andrews 5-1

Eastern Randolph 4-2

Providence Grove 3-3

Wheatmore 2-4

Trinity 1-5

Jordan-Matthews 0-6

ER has Wheatmore and blue/orange team away from Ramseur. Will be tough to come away with Ws. Trinity at home last game of year is more plausible win. 

#13 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:33 AM

You are right Kidd. QB transferred to Grimsley. Best LB they would have had starts at HP Central and is far and away their best defensive player. Play calling definitely isn't too creative. We have athletes and good size. I'd feel much better if we had been able to install the offense and work out the kinks in spring ball and over the summer vs learning on the fly while playing games. Randleman will win out, get a good draw and then lose 2nd round like they always do.

#14 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:07 PM

Patterson leaving on such short notice really did hurt Andrews this. That is beyond unfortunate because Andrews has the roster to compete every year. The timing of his departure still angers me. But I digress ...

Do you think Clark has done enough, considering the circumstances, to earn the job going forward?

#15 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

This weeks predictions:

Randleman @ Andrews

ER Bye Week

Randleman 6-0

Andrews 5-1

Eastern Randolph 4-2

Providence Grove 3-3

Wheatmore 2-4

Trinity 1-5

Jordan-Matthews 0-6

Randleman @ Andrews: RHS by 10. I think Andrews makes it a game and could very well pull off the win.

Wheatmore @ PG: Wheatmore by 14. PG surprised me last week with a 42-point outburst. Yarbrough has a solid, workmanlike, blue collar team with the Warriors. 

Trinity @ J-M: Trinity by 14. J-M is simply not a good football this year. 

#16 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:30 PM

I like Clark, I think he's a high character guy. I will say that he's in a lose lose situation. He obviously can't be expected to produce a 10 win season given the non conf schedule and the circumstances this year, but not sure he's the guy long term. Jury is still out. I'd like to see better discipline and wish he would walk the halls to find a kicker some way somehow because the soccer team has at least somebody with a leg to kick field goals and get the ball towards he end zone on punts and kick offs, but other than that, I think he's done more than honorable this year so far. I think he deserves serious consideration, and depending on the pool of applicants, it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I absolutely hate that Tommy Norwood left Ragsdale and then boykin took over because we would have loved to have him back at Andrews. He's like a match made in heaven for that school.

#17 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:41 PM

Randleman @ Andrews: RHS by 10. I think Andrews makes it a game and could very well pull off the win.

Wheatmore @ PG: Wheatmore by 14. PG surprised me last week with a 42-point outburst. Yarbrough has a solid, workmanlike, blue collar team with the Warriors. 

Trinity @ J-M: Trinity by 14. J-M is simply not a good football this year. 

Only one I MAY and emphasize the MAY have a question about is PG/Wheatmore. Wheat bested Trinity by 3 who gave up those 42 to PG. 

And PG is at home. Could be interesting.

#18 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:30 PM

I like Clark, I think he's a high character guy. I will say that he's in a lose lose situation. He obviously can't be expected to produce a 10 win season given the non conf schedule and the circumstances this year, but not sure he's the guy long term. Jury is still out. I'd like to see better discipline and wish he would walk the halls to find a kicker some way somehow because the soccer team has at least somebody with a leg to kick field goals and get the ball towards he end zone on punts and kick offs, but other than that, I think he's done more than honorable this year so far. I think he deserves serious consideration, and depending on the pool of applicants, it'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. I absolutely hate that Tommy Norwood left Ragsdale and then boykin took over because we would have loved to have him back at Andrews. He's like a match made in heaven for that school.

The first four weeks of the schedule plus the Reidsville game weren't favorable to an abrupt coaching change. Those games would have been difficult even if Patterson had stayed. Clark is to be commended for the job he has done thus far. If the job does open up, I imagine many candidates will apply which, depending on the quality of those candidates, will make his return difficult. Then again, I do not see the day-to-day interaction he has with his coaches, student-athletes, administration, and community. He may be a long-term solution, but like you I am not sure. 

On a side note, I've long thought Andrews could be, and in many ways should be, an elite program year-in and year-out in the class of Shelby and Reidsville. Whether it is Clark returning or a new hire from elsewhere, I hope Andrews finds someone to bring stability and excellence to the program long-term

#19 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:44 PM

@thekidd12

The Trinity-Wheatmore game has been a close affair the last few years with the largest margin of victory going back to 2013 was 10 points. It's a rivalry game between two schools sharing the same middle school, so they know each other very well. I didn't factor the outcome of that game into this weeks pick. Also, with Trinity coming off of that close loss and not having a bye week, I wonder if they even showed up to play. Based on the outcome, I would say they didn't. 

I think this will be a good, competitive game whose outcome isn't decided until the 4th quarter. I do not envision a blowout by any means. I think this year's Wheatmore team is different than in years past. I think PG is still figuring things out and last week's blowout of Trinity may be a sign of things to come for the Patriots. 

#20 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

@thekidd12

The Trinity-Wheatmore game has been a close affair the last few years with the largest margin of victory going back to 2013 was 10 points. It's a rivalry game between two schools sharing the same middle school, so they know each other very well. I didn't factor the outcome of that game into this weeks pick. Also, with Trinity coming off of that close loss and not having a bye week, I wonder if they even showed up to play. Based on the outcome, I would say they didn't. 

I think this will be a good, competitive game whose outcome isn't decided until the 4th quarter. I do not envision a blowout by any means. I think this year's Wheatmore team is different than in years past. I think PG is still figuring things out and last week's blowout of Trinity may be a sign of things to come for the Patriots. 

I said MAY and meant it. It was not the closeness of Wheat/Trinity but more the score 21-18. Trinity only allowing 21, even with knowing each other well, and PG putting 42 up. Plus PG will be tougher at home. Wheat very well may win but I would not be shocked if PG pulled it out.

#21 Triadfootballtalk

Triadfootballtalk

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

Not to diminish anything PG did at Trinity but thekidd12 you do realize that PG had two kick off returns which is very very unlikely to happen against Wheatmore and One score I heard was a tipped pass that the trinity defense hit and the WR then caught and basically walked into the end zone. Again not taking anything away from PG but that is 21 points which if you take it away from the 42 you have 21 and Trinity probably wins that game. Just putting that out there. Again those points were scored and PG won the game. I think the Wheatmore/PG game will be close but don't sleep on that Wheatmore team everybody has this year. I think I saw on here that most people said they would win 2 games this year. 

#22 lbedwards

lbedwards

JV Team

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:14 AM

@thekidd12

I agree with you, PG may pull out the win and it would not shock me at all. I was explaining the rationale behind my selection of a Wheatmore victory. 

#23 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:59 AM

Not to diminish anything PG did at Trinity but thekidd12 you do realize that PG had two kick off returns which is very very unlikely to happen against Wheatmore and One score I heard was a tipped pass that the trinity defense hit and the WR then caught and basically walked into the end zone. Again not taking anything away from PG but that is 21 points which if you take it away from the 42 you have 21 and Trinity probably wins that game. Just putting that out there. Again those points were scored and PG won the game. I think the Wheatmore/PG game will be close but don't sleep on that Wheatmore team everybody has this year. I think I saw on here that most people said they would win 2 games this year. 

Not "sleeping" on anyone. Nope did not know anything about PG/Trinity game except the score. Quit taking "local" paper a few years back.

As I told lbedwards, and will reiterate for the 3rd time, I said PG MAY win the game tonight based on last week's scores. That also means they MAY not. Just depends how ball bounces.

Also not to nitpick your post, ok kinda am going to do that, but I have always found it interesting when people state that team's scored only because such and such happened. Sorry those 21 points did happen so yeah Trinity would have won game without them but that is not what scoreboard said. People often say "we held them down except for 3 long TDs"? Well that is still allowing those 3 long TDs?

Bottom line Wheatmore may win out, may even win conference, but it will not be because people were sleeping on them. It will be because they win on the scoreboard. No matter how that occurs.

#24 Triadfootballtalk

Triadfootballtalk

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:12 AM

You did say MAY, I was just wondering if people in general just look at a score and not the game as a whole. I comment on your post because it was the last one. I see people predicting Wheatmore to losing 3 of the last 4 games. I have watched them and the defense is pretty good. I just can not understand the people posting that Wheatmore is that bad but again people did say they would only win two games. To be honest Trinity has some talent and I feel they have under achieved. Randleman is good, but can be beat maybe not at home. I think that ER is improving along with PG. I have not seen Andrews that much. I don't mind the nitpicking, I did mention that the points were scored and that PG won the game. I don't disregard that fact. I know some people and talked to them Randleman beat Wheatmore. I heard that Wheatmore had some mistakes on defense in the first quarter and two of Randleman's TDs came on one block punt and a short field and a fumble on a fake punt inside wheatmore's own ten. The first TD came as the DB fell down. Did they score YES, Did they Win yes. After the first quarter i know the QB threw 3 INTS and Wheatmore shut Randlemans Offense (which Is GOOD) down. Again did Randleman win YES. I heard that Randleman let up well I know that Randleman and Wheatmore are not the best of friends and Randleman kept their starters in the Whole game and Randleman never let up on any the other teams they have beat why would they do it for Wheatmore. I say this just to say I have watched several games in the 2A PAC 7 and I can't see how they think Wheatmore will lose 3 of the 4 games. I see Wheatmore, ER, PG trending up. They will be good games to watch. Again I hear you MAY. I agree! Just trying to see how people are coming up with their predictions. Do they watch games or just on scores? That is all I was trying to find out. PS: Randleman did win the Game! no Excuses just watched the game and take the 1st quarter out (and I know you can't) Wheatmore out played them. just my observation. 

#25 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

You did say MAY, I was just wondering if people in general just look at a score and not the game as a whole. I comment on your post because it was the last one. I see people predicting Wheatmore to losing 3 of the last 4 games. I have watched them and the defense is pretty good. I just can not understand the people posting that Wheatmore is that bad but again people did say they would only win two games. To be honest Trinity has some talent and I feel they have under achieved. Randleman is good, but can be beat maybe not at home. I think that ER is improving along with PG. I have not seen Andrews that much. I don't mind the nitpicking, I did mention that the points were scored and that PG won the game. I don't disregard that fact. I know some people and talked to them Randleman beat Wheatmore. I heard that Wheatmore had some mistakes on defense in the first quarter and two of Randleman's TDs came on one block punt and a short field and a fumble on a fake punt inside wheatmore's own ten. The first TD came as the DB fell down. Did they score YES, Did they Win yes. After the first quarter i know the QB threw 3 INTS and Wheatmore shut Randlemans Offense (which Is GOOD) down. Again did Randleman win YES. I heard that Randleman let up well I know that Randleman and Wheatmore are not the best of friends and Randleman kept their starters in the Whole game and Randleman never let up on any the other teams they have beat why would they do it for Wheatmore. I say this just to say I have watched several games in the 2A PAC 7 and I can't see how they think Wheatmore will lose 3 of the 4 games. I see Wheatmore, ER, PG trending up. They will be good games to watch. Again I hear you MAY. I agree! Just trying to see how people are coming up with their predictions. Do they watch games or just on scores? That is all I was trying to find out. PS: Randleman did win the Game! no Excuses just watched the game and take the 1st quarter out (and I know you can't) Wheatmore out played them. just my observation. 

Ok personally I think if Wheatmore wins tonight they possibly could win 3 of last 4 including the ER game. I also think they could possibly lose 3 of their last 4 if they stumble against PG. ER is up and down depending on who they play, ie they play to the competition. Andrews has athletes and if they get straightened out could win the rest of their games in conference. JM unfortunately for them is just not very good this year.

As far as the Randleman/Wheat game I was not there. If you look at stats on Maxpreps however they have Randleman with 402 yards to 133 for Wheatmore. Again I was not there but looking at it from that point of view looks like Randleman may have moved the ball well but threw some INTs which hurt them in scoring department.

JeffChapman-Dynamic