Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

WNC poll week 6

3A Football 2A Football 1A Football Rankings WNC Asheville Western Highlands Smoky Mountains

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Union would be slight favorite over us. So.

Also most years we are smaller than Hayesville and rosman so the numbers thing doesnt fly.

#27 smashmouth

smashmouth

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

By what 5-10 kids.

#28 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:52 PM

So. If rosman and Hayesville are at a disadvantage because of numbers than we have to be listed as such also. And it averages more like 30 since 2000.

#29 WNCGridiron

WNCGridiron

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

Just make the most of what ya have and be done with it, If the NCHSAA wasn't ran by corrupt people we would do the "safe" thing and reclass every year that way you would avoid some of these stupid cases where 1-a and 2-a are playing schools twice and three times their size.

If it ain't mountain it ain't me

#30 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

I agree. How long could it take to pull the Admins every year and draw the new cut lines. I would say anyone with high school math could do all the schools in 2 days tops with long lunch breaks. Not saying to change the conferences that often, just reclass the teams. The post season is what really counts anyways.

#31 PolkHeel23

PolkHeel23

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

South Carolina realigns every 2 years and I think that would make more sense. That way if a mistake happens  and a school has alot bigger ADM than the rest of their classification they can be moved up quicker. I remember a few years ago Monroe was playing 1a with 900 kids. 

#32 Superkase

Superkase

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Reclassing every two years makes a lot of sense when most contracts for non-conference games last for two years as well.  You should also have less drastic changes if you reclass every two years.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3A Football, 2A Football, 1A Football, Rankings, WNC, Asheville, Western Highlands, Smoky Mountains

JeffChapman-Dynamic