Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Stuart Cramer @ South Point

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Stick82

Stick82

Established Member

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

I really want to hear everyone's thoughts on this game. Lots of folks around the Cramerton/Belmont area seem to think that Sc has got something for Sp this year. I don't. 56-0 is my prediction.

#RaiderNation

#2 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

On paper it looks like this should be a 3 score win for South Point but I think it would be more likely that we will see a 6-7 score game in favor of South Point

#3 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

I'm not buying into SC until they beat someone note worthy...like SP. and I just can't see that happening. SP by as much as they want.

#4 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

I'm not buying into SC until they beat someone note worthy...like SP. and I just can't see that happening. SP by as much as they want.

From what film I've watched on them they look pretty athletic

#5 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:03 PM

SP 49 SC 6

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

Playing South Point would not be a true assessment of improvement. They're on another level than everybody in 2A except Shelby is on that level. Tough games are ahead for Stuart Cramer.

#7 kms51

kms51

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 07:57 PM

Playing South Point would not be a true assessment of improvement. They're on another level than everybody in 2A except Shelby is on that level. Tough games are ahead for Stuart Cramer.

I doubt South Point is on another level from Reidsville or North Davidson. I might even add wrh on that list.

#8 Stick82

Stick82

Established Member

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:05 PM

Anybody looks athletic against the cupcakes that Sc has played. They haven't scored on us in 3 years and I don't believe that will change this year.

#RaiderNation

#9 Stick82

Stick82

Established Member

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Kms51 those teams have no idea what it's like to play Sp. I promise you they won't see a defense like ours all year.

#RaiderNation

#10 kms51

kms51

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

Kms51 those teams have no idea what it's like to play Sp. I promise you they won't see a defense like ours all year.

North Davidson is coming from 4a doubt they would be overwhelmed. I'm a Reidsville fan so I don't think we get blown out either. I'm not saying South Point wouldn't beat those teams

#11 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm gonna suprise some ppl and pick South Point by 10

#12 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:16 PM

I'm gonna suprise some ppl and pick South Point by 10

You also picked Hibriten to kill SP last year as well.... went well... So I assume this is your Jv prediction?

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#13 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:14 PM

North Davidson is coming from 4a doubt they would be overwhelmed. I'm a Reidsville fan so I don't think we get blown out either. I'm not saying South Point wouldn't beat those teams

Will Reidsville be small or big?

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#14 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:33 AM

SP 42 SC:10

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#15 Stick82

Stick82

Established Member

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

Sc is averaging over 300 yards a game rushing and South Point hasn't had a team rush for over 100 on them in the last 9 games. New prediction Sp wins 63-0. Sc won't score on Sp, you heard it here 1st!

#RaiderNation

#16 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

Regardless of win or lose against any 2A school, it would take a monster effort for any to score more than 14 points. That includes Shelby. Probably only three true contenders in 2AA west. South Point, N. Davidson, and Hibriten.

Shelby and Reidsville will be the favorites in the west single 2A. Reidsville goes East and that leaves Shelby. The separation between good teams and great teams has been obvious for four year. Certainly think there are some very good teams in the far west but I'm not sure they pass enough to overcome these before mentions defenses.

#17 kms51

kms51

Established Member

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:34 PM

Will Reidsville be small or big?

More than likely small. So a potential match up with sp is doubtful. 

#18 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

More than likely small. So a potential match up with sp is doubtful.

Good luck with Shelby.

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#19 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Outside of a prolific passing team or a dual threat QB it is very difficult to move the ball against SP and even harder in the redzone.

#20 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

Outside of a prolific passing team or a dual threat QB it is very difficult to move the ball against SP and even harder in the redzone.

Totally agree. These kids specialize in brutality against the run. They do more than tackle, they hurt you. Their defensive linemen do not get moved off the scrimmage and even if they miss the runner they somehow slow the runner where a linebacker or six other guys tee off on him. They always have intelligent kids who aren't fooled about where the ball is going. They don't worry about track stars because they put themselves in position to make plays.

Phillip Davis at 315lbs and 6'1" is a man among boys at nose guard. Kid moves like he is a linebacker. Robinson is another monster down low. Linebackers all like getting their shot in before the whistle blows. Starts to make running backs begin to tiptoe around traffic and bounce it a little more outside where the pursuit leads to a loss of yardage.

#21 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

One thing I haven't heard anyone talk about is the SP special teams... They seem like they are way better at blocking and tackling...

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#22 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

SP for several years would often go into the post season either undefeated or with one loss...but always fell short of their potential to win numerous state championships which never made sense to me. That Erwin team that beat SP in 2010 had no business showing up at Crest in the 3rd round. Weddington should have never beat a very dominate SP team the following year in 11' SP can be so frustratingly inconsistent. They'll make Crest look stupid, but turn around and lose to teams that are garbage.

Obviously recently, they finally stopped all that crap and are on the road to a third championship appearance. And I don't see a team minus Shelby, that could stop them depending on which way the admins go

#23 90 Husky

90 Husky

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

SCSP

#24 90 Husky

90 Husky

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:17 PM

Both look good on paper. Stuart Cramer is better statistcally . South Point is great always. Don't forget about running backs.Both teams have big backs. That Alexander is great. Cramer does have a bully back that is tough. He is used for blocking mostly but has good speed. I just hope for a good game with all players safe!!!

#25 EGFAN75

EGFAN75

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:59 PM

I really want to hear everyone's thoughts on this game. Lots of folks around the Cramerton/Belmont area seem to think that Sc has got something for Sp this year. I don't. 56-0 is my prediction.

Do you want to know what I wish? Or what will really happen?  :D I'll say SP 49 SC 6 (against SP 2nd D)

JeffChapman-Dynamic