Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Week 5 (3-0) Newton-Conover @ (4-0) Hibriten

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

About a fourth of Hinriten's fans got up and left with 5 minutes or so to go in the game. I told HHS2003 what a big ending they missed. Best excitement I've seen in a long time even though I was on the wrong end. This is why I do not attend many games where the outcome is predetermined. Hibriten fans are pure class. Never heard any bad words or sour grapes. The hospitality there is always first class.

You going to RHSP to watch Shelby?

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#102 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Did anyone else see coach Bazzle there?

#103 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:47 AM

You going to RHSP to watch Shelby?

The plan is yes but work will dictate the length of drive I can make.

#104 NCDevils94

NCDevils94

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:10 AM

Did anyone else see coach Bazzle there?

Yes, Coach Bazzle was there and sat with Coach Patrick. Bazzle was at the last game last year against Bandys, and has been to a few games this year. Good to see him out supporting the Red Devils

#105 NC2B

NC2B

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:09 PM

I think about this a little differently than most people but this is just my opinion. Newton played the best Defensively that they could have possibly played. The offense had the ball the entire game. It seemed like Hibriten never had the ball due to the 4 or 5 turnovers that happened. I think Newton should have won the game, but I think Hibriten played their worst game of the year and possibly the worst they will play the rest of the year. Newtons offense controlled tempo and was extremely effective the entire first half. Once again the best back in the conference was forgotten about in the second half. This was not a players loss, this was a coaching loss for Beam. The coach was more worried with the fans being loud than coaching at times. NO REASON A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PUNT A FOOTBALL. Hibriten handed Newton the game twice in the last 5 minutes and Newton passed the ball 8 times or more during that time. That is the only reason Hibriten even had a chance. You can tell me all you want how this Newton team is like 08 but once again we see an inability to win big games sue to coaching. The difference between the 08 game and this game was the fact that HIbriten played terrible and won compared to Hibriten playing great in 08. Newton played great this year, while Newton underachieved against Hibriten in 08. Bazzle and Patrick would have never lost that game being handed 4 gifts and one miracle with two minutes left in the game. 

That being said Newton wins out until Maiden (next above 500 opponent). Then we will see if Newton can get their second win against a 500 team in 3 years. I hate it for the kids who played their tails off and were not put into a situation to win at the end of the game. Should have been Newton all day.

#106 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Should be 8-1 Newton-Conover @ 9-0 Maiden baring any upsets but tbh after East Burke beat West Lincoln I don't see any

#107 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

I think about this a little differently than most people but this is just my opinion. Newton played the best Defensively that they could have possibly played. The offense had the ball the entire game. It seemed like Hibriten never had the ball due to the 4 or 5 turnovers that happened. I think Newton should have won the game, but I think Hibriten played their worst game of the year and possibly the worst they will play the rest of the year. Newtons offense controlled tempo and was extremely effective the entire first half. Once again the best back in the conference was forgotten about in the second half. This was not a players loss, this was a coaching loss for Beam. The coach was more worried with the fans being loud than coaching at times. NO REASON A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PUNT A FOOTBALL. Hibriten handed Newton the game twice in the last 5 minutes and Newton passed the ball 8 times or more during that time. That is the only reason Hibriten even had a chance. You can tell me all you want how this Newton team is like 08 but once again we see an inability to win big games sue to coaching. The difference between the 08 game and this game was the fact that HIbriten played terrible and won compared to Hibriten playing great in 08. Newton played great this year, while Newton underachieved against Hibriten in 08. Bazzle and Patrick would have never lost that game being handed 4 gifts and one miracle with two minutes left in the game. 

That being said Newton wins out until Maiden (next above 500 opponent). Then we will see if Newton can get their second win against a 500 team in 3 years. I hate it for the kids who played their tails off and were not put into a situation to win at the end of the game. Should have been Newton all day.

Good breakdown.

#108 Oncewas1

Oncewas1

Rookie

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Great game, N-C won everywhere but the most important....scoreboard. N-C is loaded and shouldn't lose again in the regular season.

#109 DCNM

DCNM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Hibriten played their worst game because Newton made them play their worst game!...Man for Man Newton is better!...Hibriten hasn't seen that type of talent in years!...If they don't learn to pass Newton will shut them down again!..The "best back" took a helmet to the thigh in the first half and wasn't hitting it the same!...If you you were watching Newton was second and more than 10 on numerous occasions in the second half ... trying to feed the "best back" 2nd and 15 is a passing down... 17 points just wasn't enough bottom line. Newton needs to score before the half instead of running the clock out. Especially when Hibriten gets it at half. A horrible kick to their 20 didn't help.. which they returned to Newtons 30 yard line. Momentum just shifted immediately!... You can't just feed the back when they are run blitzing. Screens are runs in that offense! We'll see how it goes post season.

#110 DEER0526

DEER0526

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:35 AM

Didn’t shut them down quite enough!!!!!

#111 DEER0526

DEER0526

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:37 AM

What happened to NC offense in second half? Just saying!

#112 NC2B

NC2B

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Momentum shifted immediately to a team that was down 12 to 17? And that team did not score until 1 minute to go in the game? What happened the other 20 minutes of the second half. Newton had chance after chance to score but rather than handing the ball of or throwing a screen which I agree is the run game, Newton dropped back to throw the ball down the field. Nobody can honestly say on this message board that Stinson should have had less than 5 carries in the second half. Run blitzing, I saw the same defense that struggled in the first half just play better. It was 6 against 6 in the box all night. Tackles started getting beat on the edges and guards were getting pushed back in the quarterbacks face. Lets face facts, the old ball coach could have put that game away many times, but he would rather watch the crowd and motion to the stands rather than put his team in an opportunity to win. Bazzle and Patrick could not have cared less what fans said or acted like and they would have never allowed their QB to continually go back to the head ref to complain. This guy takes it too personally. He needs to either learn to beat good teams, or he will always be scrutinized.  

#113 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,392 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 AM

Hibriten played their worst game because Newton made them play their worst game!...Man for Man Newton is better!...Hibriten hasn't seen that type of talent in years!...If they don't learn to pass Newton will shut them down again!..The "best back" took a helmet to the thigh in the first half and wasn't hitting it the same!...If you you were watching Newton was second and more than 10 on numerous occasions in the second half ... trying to feed the "best back" 2nd and 15 is a passing down... 17 points just wasn't enough bottom line. Newton needs to score before the half instead of running the clock out. Especially when Hibriten gets it at half. A horrible kick to their 20 didn't help.. which they returned to Newtons 30 yard line. Momentum just shifted immediately!... You can't just feed the back when they are run blitzing. Screens are runs in that offense! We'll see how it goes post season.

Bring that NC team to Belmont.
Hibriten hasn't played a tougher team since then.
If I'm not mistaken the last time your coach was in Belmont he took a L 56-14.
That team was way more talented than NC.

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#114 DEER0526

DEER0526

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:22 PM

NC had 70yds of offense in second half! Witherspoon didn’t carry the ball because he was cramping Stinson didn’t because he got shook up and couldn’t stick it in like he was earlier. Good defensive game plan by NC but they played way over their heads I promise! You guys were ready no doubt to play HHS but come on, better all the way around. ???

#115 DEER0526

DEER0526

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM

By the way NC don’t want any of SP!!!!

#116 NC2B

NC2B

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:30 PM

Believe me Stinson wanted the ball. If you were sitting in the stands on Newton's side you could see him visibly upset. Especially towards one of the offensive coaches. But what do I know? 

#117 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:34 PM

2 great teams that both played good enough to win and both made enough mistakes to lose. I for 1 would love to see a rematch in the playoffs.

#118 DEEZ

DEEZ

Rookie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 12:12 PM

Hello gents, new to this site and excited to be here.  Very strong high school football fan, HIBRITEN all the way. My 1cent on this game.  Newton is a good team, very talented with lots of speed. However the were lacking in discipline, lots of taunting in the first half, lots of careless penalties causing them a lot negative yardage. They clean that up they will be a good team. As far as hibriten, looked a lot like the game last year against Watauga, flat at the start, good adjustments at halftime, and it seems we have good conditioning. One thing, hhs kids have class, you don't see a lot of mouthing, taunting, and being disrespectful... That's a credit to our coaches, Hibriten needed this game as much as newton  both teams can refocus and both can make good runs into the playoffs. HHS isn't where they were last year but the benchmark keeps getting set higher and that's a good thing for our community. As far as the comment about hhs playing another team as good as south point this year?  well duh, and we still haven't seen a team as good south point.

JeffChapman-Dynamic