Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Lake Norman at North Iredell

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

It's the battle of the 0-3 teams in the lake Norman Wildcats and NI Raiders

For LKN: they really to find a rhythm in their offense,they have been inconsistent but at times they have look good but also look bad at times , LKN has some good players to make the plays but they need to be able to fins a way to get them the ball

For NI: Their defense really needs to step its game up and play well. NI offense isn't bad but defense hasn't played well n esp their secondary. NI has some players but if they aren't buying in n or quit then it's just really hurt the team all the way around

LKN should have their way; LKN 42 NI 14

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lake Norman 31-3 North Iredell

#3 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

LKN may use this week to clean up some stuff in the passing game to try and get better there-- that's probably where they need to improve the most imo.

#4 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

No sense beating a dead horse.  LN 42  NI 3

#5 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

not even going to comment this week for my Raiders,,,,one week closer to basketball !!

#6 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

No sense beating a dead horse.  LN 42  NI 3

Thats 2 predictions here for a Raider  FG.   Whats your prediction on the length of that FG?  :)  :)

#7 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

witnessed South Iredell's female field goal kicker kick a 33 yarder on Monday against Lake Norman...it was awesome!

#8 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

The challenge for the Raiders is getting to the LN 16 yrd line to even attempt to duplicate that kick at South. Can't wait to see her, sounds like a good one. 

#9 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

JV game

Lake Norman 28 North Iredell-16

#10 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

Buddy of mine boy plays for North Iredell Middle.  Said they lost to Statesville middle 60 something to nothing this week.  Don't matter what the culture is.  Not looking good for future.

ARBY's We have the Meats.

North Iredell  We have DEFEATS!!!

Go Raiders!!!

#11 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

I wasn't there but was told it was 30-0 in a weather shortened game. I'll check on that. Those guys had high hopes over at NM with coaching change and all. 60-00 would be disappointing for sure. Hell 30 was bad enough when I heard that.   Thats not saying things can change over night but the new coaches were pretty enthusiastic. I do know they don't have JV so a lot of 7th graders are playing.    

#12 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:19 AM

NIMS got new teachers and football coaches?  Seems like one thing is constant.  

#13 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

Ha just new FB coaches. Hired a guy whos not in school system as HC. Hope it works out, In talking to him he seems to have the same concerns as us here. 

#14 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

The president of the high school booster club?  What's his football background?

#15 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

Can't really speak to that. I know he helps at North also and has coached in the little kid league. Bout all I know. Seems intent on changing things. I think there's some dialogue with the HS which is a change.  I'm like at this point, roll the dice. At least you have somebody with a passion for the game it seems down there. 

#16 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

Should be a perfect night for High School Football.  Come on Raiders lets skin some wildcats!!!

#17 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:25 PM

Big pond 49 Farmhands 14

On to next week and the quest for the elusive W

#18 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

Big pond 49 Farmhands 14

On to next week and the quest for the elusive W

It was 35-6  but whos counting ha. Kids played hard and it was 14-6 at half. Lots of squandered chances  to get even closer than that. Real good game... for a half. 3rd quarter seemed like it lasted 3 hrs.....  Got a little chippy late.  West Iredell next week scene of the last Raider win. almost 2 yrs ago. Depressing to even type. 

#19 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

Sorry was out on the truck last night was going by what WBTV FFN had for the score.  Hope my Florida Gators survive IRMA.

#20 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

If the trend continues like it has over the past several years, and North gets a new coach this year or next, they need to go after the staff at Statesville Christian. They have turned them into a power in just a couple years and got a huge win last night.

#21 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:34 PM

Hang in there Red Raider fans Christ the King and Garinger snapped thier streaks yals will eventually come

#22 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

If the trend continues like it has over the past several years, and North gets a new coach this year or next, they need to go after the staff at Statesville Christian. They have turned them into a power in just a couple years and got a huge win last night.

Kids from anywhere can go to Statesville Christian and they can lure and recruit kids to that program.

#23 Beyond hope

Beyond hope

JV Team

• Coach
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:43 AM

The Statesville Christian staff isnt going anywhere soon. Unless that school pulls a Davidson day which probably isn't going to happen with their enrollment going up. They are starting to load up their basketball program next and looking to be the powerhouse of iredell county.

#24 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:54 AM

Like Ive said before.... Bring in Statesville Christians staff, Nick Saban or Bill Belichek... Whomever, the beauty and curse of HS foootball is that you are at the mercy of what walks those halls at that school.  In public schools, You're NOT SUPPOSED to recruit, You can't go into the lab and make an Oline or QB, and you can't force kids to play that for whatever reasons that simply just don't want to play. There are no scholarships  to be pulled or offered, again You coach whats there. That being said for all you coaches who may have the luxury of coaching at one of those talent rich high schools with lots of participation and tradition,don't take it for granted.And for coaches who don't have that luxury don't let a stint at one of these down schools identify you,in high schools more than any other level, talent is not created equal. Almost every Friday night I watch I wonder what this opposing staff could do at North Iredell . My guess is not much immediately. Its a long building process but the foundation has to start somewhere. before you build the rafters. So hoping (fingers crossed) that foundation is being built little by little. But my point is bring in whomever, Name them. Bet they lose also for a while in this setting.. Just one dudes opinion

#25 stickwolf

stickwolf

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hang in there Red Raider fans Christ the King and Garinger snapped thier streaks yals will eventually come

Any idea what the longest streak is now? 

JeffChapman-Dynamic