Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

East Wilkes @ East Surry

1A Football Pickem/Projections Blue Ridge Mountains

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 radioguy16

radioguy16

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

East Wilkes and East Surry to me is one of the best 1A games in Western NC for week 1. Wanna see your predictions! 

#2 KW23

KW23

Established Member

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

East surry by 14

#3 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

East by 1

#4 radioguy16

radioguy16

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

East by 1

Which East?? lol

#5 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:16 PM

Which East?? lol

lol sorry I was just trying to make a joke, I'd say East Surry in a close one

#6 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Big game for the northwest 1a out of the gate. Both return a lot from solid seasons, and decent talent. East vs East, cards vs cards.

East Wilkes 22
East Surry 20

#7 pianoman

pianoman

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

Two very good offensive players: Ray (Surry) vs. Vestal (Wilkes) Which defense can slow down the other team's top impact player?

#8 Johnny Knoxville

Johnny Knoxville

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:24 AM

if ES doesn't turn it over I don't see it being close; 28-7

#9 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

East Surry by a touchdown , they are at home in a toss up game , thats the edge , look for joey ray to have a big night. The full back in front of him is a load, look for him to have a great season. Gonna be interesting to see how east surry's sophmore qb settles in for the year, hes gonna be a special player as he gets a few games under his belt.

#10 DaBluePrint1

DaBluePrint1

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

Aint nobody giving the EW Cards a shot. After watching some clips of the Ray kid from East Surry, I feel he may be as good a back as the Bynum kid from Wilkes Central a couple of seasons ago. He looks like he runs hard with adequate speed. Not sure about the strength of Ew or Es lines, but it all starts there. Don't count out EW totally, they are well coached and I'm sure they're hungry to right the ship. I feel that they went down in a heap at the end of last season.

#11 DaBluePrint1

DaBluePrint1

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

How bout them EW cards 2 td win over E.surry Cardinals 36-20 at East Surry. Great game.

#12 Gdawg74

Gdawg74

JV Team

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

VERY IMPRESSED WITH EAST WILKES!! Heck fire im still looking for the ball , the qb hides it well and gets to the ends very well. Very well coached team , they gonna be a tuff out come november.

#13 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:25 PM

I made the comment a while back, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see EW in the western final, or the state championship...

#14 Asu6711

Asu6711

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

The Ray kid is a good little back, he runs hard, fights until the whistle, and seems to play with a ton of heart but he's not even in the same league as Bynum was. Ray will have much success this season but will be held in check by strong defenses just because of his size imo.

#15 DaBluePrint1

DaBluePrint1

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:51 AM

No he isn't quite like Bynum. He is tough as nails, but not nearly as durable. Although EW did the same thing to Bynum two years ago. The first half he ran wild on EW, the EW d adjusted and he may have had 30 yds rushing in the second half. Seemed eerily similar last night, the Ray kid ran well the first half and was gang tackled the entire second half by the whole EW defense. He has a great spin move and doesnt seem to lose speed during his cuts. EW offense with its ball fakes and versatility we're hard to stop and actually hard to find the ball from a spectators point of view. This is a good thing. EW pass d must improve especially the db's.

#16 radioguy16

radioguy16

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

East Wilkes is a very well coached team! Atkins is a super Classy guy! I have nothing but respect for him and what he has done with the EW program! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1A Football, Pickem/Projections, Blue Ridge Mountains

JeffChapman-Dynamic