Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Wrestling Coverage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

Varsity Team

• Administrator
  • 221 posts
  • Email:scvarsity@sc.rr.com

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Guys, if you could let me know what YOU would like to see in terms of wrestling coverage. We (SCVarsity) were at one time very solid on our wrestling coverage and I'd like to get back to that point. Those of you who know me know I wrestled for Air Force in the ancient days and love the sport.

I have a group of coaches who are going to help out with that but welcome any input you guys can give in terms of what you'd like to see. Just leave a reply.

Thanks. JB

#2 Sbutler

Sbutler

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

I think you could provide coverage/recaps of the top weekly match ups. A match of the week type thing. Would what be awesome is if we could do what other states do and that is provide video coverage/highlights of those match ups, big tournaments. Summer Slam, Coastal Clash, Lexington Duals etc.

Have some guys from regions around the state who can video and upload to website later. It can be done and would be nice for fans to watch the matches they couldn't make it to in person. I would be willing to assist with video in the Lowcountry.

#3 Sbutler

Sbutler

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

More wrestling coverage the better!

#4 TheMasonWay

TheMasonWay

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

This is awesome! Interviews with top programs coaches/wrestlers! Coverage of big matches, tourneys and even hyping upcoming matches/tourneys

'80, '82, '83, '84, '85, '86, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '96, '97, '99, '00, '09, '14, '15

#5 CarolinaHawkeyeFan

CarolinaHawkeyeFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

SButler is spot on. Don't know if it would be cost prohibitive, but maybe partner with PBS or a cable company for a highlight show or even dual of the week. I know before Time Warner became Spectrum they would broadcast the NC individual finals for all classifications. Maybe find out the cost of services provided by the company that webcasts the dual finals for the SCHSL.

#6 Sbutler

Sbutler

Rookie

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Even in the short term, we can do what other states have done, basically the very old Flo model. Some guys around the state with video cameras who make it out to the big matches, tournaments, film matches, coaches interviews etc and then go back home and upload to the website for fans/enthusiasts to see.

This website would just have to have a section for that and ensure they had the appropriate server package to handle the uploads/storage. You have a guy or two in the Lowcountry , someone to handle the Columbia Area, Greenville/Anderson/Spartanburg Area, etc.

Only other obstacle is coaches , tournament directors signing off/allowing the video of the matches. I know some who might oppose, but hopefully all could see it for the better good of marketing the sport.

#7 CarolinaHawkeyeFan

CarolinaHawkeyeFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

Good idea. I know the larger schools often have a student produced news broadcast. Maybe coaches can get their schools to film/produce home matches if given an outlet for viewing.

JeffChapman-Dynamic