Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Burke County Jamboree

4A Football 3A Football 2A Football

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

Tonights Jamboree features-

East Burke V South Caldwell- 5:45

Freedom v South Iredell 6:45

Patton v West Henderson 8

McDowell v Draughn 9:15

Admission is $10

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

I'm gonna go if the weather holds.  FYI-Draughn had a kid get killed in a car accident earlier this week, so this is likely to be an emotional time for them.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

I'm gonna go if the weather holds. FYI-Draughn had a kid get killed in a car accident earlier this week, so this is likely to be an emotional time for them.

Any updates?

#4 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

South Caldwell "won" the first game 18-14. Freedom is playing well against S. Iredell-I am pretty happy so far.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#5 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

nice. I doubt you will stay for mcdowell vs draughn

#6 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

I might, it is starting to rain. I think that TitanNation79 is coming.

― C.S. Lewis

#7 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

Freedom/S. Iredell was officially a tie, but at one point they went to practicing the kicking game and stopped keeping score.

― C.S. Lewis

#8 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:28 PM

Punching out due to rain (wife said enough is enough). Patton looked pretty good in their first series.

― C.S. Lewis

#9 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

I might, it is starting to rain. I think that TitanNation79 is coming.

Hopefully he can give a report later

#10 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

What did you think of South Caldwell?

#11 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

If South Iredell and Freedom came to a tie it sounds like they may have improved from the other night. Maybe someone from South Iredell that attended both scrimmages can give some insight on how well South done.

#12 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:54 AM

What did you think of South Caldwell?

They didn't look all that good-both they and E. Burke were pretty sloppy.

― C.S. Lewis

#13 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:55 AM

If South Iredell and Freedom came to a tie it sounds like they may have improved from the other night. Maybe someone from South Iredell that attended both scrimmages can give some insight on how well South done.

Scoreboard at the end was 27 each. I have absolutely no reason to lie about a scrimmage.

― C.S. Lewis

#14 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

No I wasn't questioning about the tie I was just glad to hear that it was a tie. Because from what I heard South didn't do to well from the last scrimmage. I hear that Freedom will have a good team this year. From your observation what did you think how the game went between the two?

#15 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

No I wasn't questioning about the tie I was just glad to hear that it was a tie. Because from what I heard South didn't do to well from the last scrimmage. I hear that Freedom will have a good team this year. From your observation what did you think how the game went between the two?

Okay-sorry about any misunderstanding.  

I thought that both teams played good defense.  They started out with so many plays (20 or so) for each team with a regular drive starting at the 50.  Both teams played pretty good defense with that, if you got a first down play continued from there and if you got a stop it went back to the 50, both teams got about 10 minutes of clock time doing that.  Then they went to a short field with both teams starting at their opponents 20 and the defenses struggled with that-this was where most of the scoring came in and they did that until about 45 minutes had gone off the clock.  Finally they sort of went through the motions of the kicking game with each team practicing kickoffs, field goals, punts and extra points.  I thought that S. Iredell threw the ball well and played good pass defense.  I thought we got the best of the run game.

― C.S. Lewis

#16 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

They didn't look all that good-both they and E. Burke were pretty sloppy.

Thanks. McDowells first game vs RSCentral should be a good litmus test on this years team. It always is. They need to beat teams like RS, Avery, South Caldwell, etc

#17 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:49 AM

Ok thanks FHS 1985 for the input. Best of luck for Freedom this year.

#18 TitanNation79

TitanNation79

JV Team

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Thanks. McDowells first game vs RSCentral should be a good litmus test on this years team. It always is. They need to beat teams like RS, Avery, South Caldwell, etc

Sorry for not posting anything on here any quicker than right now...

I went down and watched the action at the Burke County Jamboree last night...first off, McDowell has been in it  four times since 2012 and it's rained every time. Guess I need to quit going, haha!

titanman27, I totally agree with what you are saying

As far as the action on the field I have been pleased with McDowell so far in the pre-season. They have come in and worked hard against competition that on paper McDowell should be able to produce against. They have looked solid and have taken care of business in that aspect. If McDowell is going to be a consistently solid football program again, it starts there and then you work up to better competition as time progresses.

Like you said, seems like most every year the opener sets the tone for the season at McDowell. Hope to see another solid effort on Friday at R-S Central.

#19 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Sorry for not posting anything on here any quicker than right now...

I went down and watched the action at the Burke County Jamboree last night...first off, McDowell has been in it four times since 2012 and it's rained every time. Guess I need to quit going, haha!

titanman27, I totally agree with what you are saying

As far as the action on the field I have been pleased with McDowell so far in the pre-season. They have come in and worked hard against competition that on paper McDowell should be able to produce against. They have looked solid and have taken care of business in that aspect. If McDowell is going to be a consistently solid football program again, it starts there and then you work up to better competition as time progresses.

Like you said, seems like most every year the opener sets the tone for the season at McDowell. Hope to see another solid effort on Friday at R-S Central.

Good to hear. I wish I could make it down for the first game but will be busy with work. Living 3 hours away its hard to visit like I used to.

#20 titanman27

titanman27

Established Member

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

McDowell beat Draughn 25 to 18 according to Morganton news herald. Rest of the roundup from the jamboree can be found here.

http://www.morganton...8b87499b13.html

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4A Football, 3A Football, 2A Football

JeffChapman-Dynamic