Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2017 Cleveland County Jamboree

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KM2ASU

KM2ASU

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:36 AM

Unfortunately this event has become an after thought in the County, because of the unavoidable conflict with the American Legion World Series. With that said, tonight's line-up for the 19th Annual Cleveland County Jamboree @ Kings Mtn High School.

6:00 CREST vs West Forsyth
7:00 BURNS vs AC Reynolds
8:00 SHELBY vs JM Robinson
9:00 KINGS MTN vs Newton-Conover

Gates open at 5:00 - Admission $10.00

#2 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

Seems like Crest rested some guys in prior years events. With new system in place I hope they make most of this opportunity against what has typically been a solid West Forsyth program. 

#3 Chargers#1

Chargers#1

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Crest won 23-14 in the scrimmage. Crest has a lot to work on, but I think they'll be a tough out come playoffs.

#4 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

Shelby up 21-6 over JR Robinson  5mins left in 1Q

#5 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

youtube live feed

http://www.ktcbroadcasting.com/

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

Shelby up 21-6 over JR Robinson  5mins left in 1Q

Got a text said Shelby scored 48 on JM Robinson. Crest over top 10 ranked 4A West Forsyth by couple TDs. No word on Burns game or late Kings Mtn vs Newton-Conover.

#7 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

AC Reynolds over Burns 6-0

KM over N/C  14-7

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#8 jacks2start

jacks2start

Established Member

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

Got a text said Shelby scored 48 on JM Robinson. Crest over top 10 ranked 4A West Forsyth by couple TDs. No word on Burns game or late Kings Mtn vs Newton-Conover.

Shelby could have scored all night, they were playing many many young guys, and keep in mind this was a 2 Q game,, Robinson's last score was with shelby playing 3 soph's and 1 freshman as defensive backs/safety. But that being said earlier in the week newton-conover had there way with robinson's defense also. 

#9 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:37 AM

AC Reynolds over Burns 6-0

KM over N/C 14-7

Newton and Kings Mtn ended in a tie 7 to 7

#10 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Newton and Kings Mtn ended in a tie 7 to 7

Correct, I thought KM had scored there late in the action. N/C looked very good.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#11 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

Burns looked tough on tape. I don't see how they will have a down year. I wouldn't be surprised they beat Alex central next Friday.

#12 smashmouth5

smashmouth5

JV Team

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

Burns looked tough on tape. I don't see how they will have a down year. I wouldn't be surprised they beat Alex central next Friday.

One thing about Coach Devine, he will get the boys to play hard. I did hear that AC was down a few starters, but the Bulldogs fought all night. That kind of coaching can help mitigate a lot of talent differences.

#13 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

I see AC Reynolds over Burns 6-0. Any thoughts how this scrimage went and any thoughts how Burns will play against Alexander Central. I hear Burns will be down this year.

#14 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Much as i like coach Devine, Burns will struggle this year.
Talent level real low, last night at jambo didnt see any consistency at all.
Possible they maybe a 5 win team.

#15 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Much as i like coach Devine, Burns will struggle this year.
Talent level real low, last night at jambo didnt see any consistency at all.
Possible they maybe a 5 win team.

#16 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

If Reynolds post to be the world beaters they are I really like burns against Alex Central. The Cougars really struggled vs maiden Friday

#17 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

I was wandering about the Reynolds n Burns score as well. I was at the Jamboree in Mooresville and was surprised to see LN winning over Richmond 14-7 but missed most of that game. Found out later they didn't play all thier good players or they subbed in n out. Statesville winning over Davie but look like Davie's key receiver was on the sideline. So it may be Reynolds weren't playing all thier good players. I wasn't there so I can't say. But scrimage seems to not show all the true colors of a team because you different factors going on.

#18 stizz49

stizz49

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

If Reynolds post to be the world beaters they are I really like burns against Alex Central. The Cougars really struggled vs maiden Friday

Ac didnt struggle with Maiden at all. In the 1st session they completely shut Maiden down and scored 3 times in 10 plays. They didnt use Godfrey much either. In the live game situation they won 14-0. Maiden did move the ball in that session but Ac came up with a pick and goal line stand.

#19 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

I was wandering about the Reynolds n Burns score as well. I was at the Jamboree in Mooresville and was surprised to see LN winning over Richmond 14-7 but missed most of that game. Found out later they didn't play all thier good players or they subbed in n out. Statesville winning over Davie but look like Davie's key receiver was on the sideline. So it may be Reynolds weren't playing all thier good players. I wasn't there so I can't say. But scrimage seems to not show all the true colors of a team because you different factors going on.

Reynolds won 6 to 0

#20 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

https://youtu.be/AYYD7Pmhg60
Here's the whole jamboree

#21 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

Ac didnt struggle with Maiden at all. In the 1st session they completely shut Maiden down and scored 3 times in 10 plays. They didnt use Godfrey much either. In the live game situation they won 14-0. Maiden did move the ball in that session but Ac came up with a pick and goal line stand.

Watauga was able to pound maiden but it's called a scrimmage for a reason. I was just impressed what I saw with the burns defense. Should be a very good game Friday.

#22 stizz49

stizz49

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

A Burns win would not be a surprise to me.

#23 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

I read somewhere that ACR had lost two valuable players to injuries before ever facing Burns in another scrimmage.

#24 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:48 AM

I read somewhere that ACR had lost two valuable players to injuries before ever facing Burns in another scrimmage.

I have no idea bout it . I wasn't able to go to lr due to threat of rain. But I know maiden was able to move the ball on Alex Central and watching burns I believe their defense will do enough to pull out a w

#25 shelbyfan

shelbyfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

Yes Ac lost no 10 wr wed night scrimmage against Freedom to tore ACL, and Qb had concussion. Then against Burns i saw a few cone out to injurys

JeffChapman-Dynamic