Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Greenwood Jamboree

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

JV Team

• Administrator
  • 90 posts
  • Email:scvarsity@sc.rr.com

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:35 AM

i didn't get a lot of the report on the other match ups in this but i did get a report on the Greenwood vs BCHS game. BC took the opening kick off and marched down field for the first score, Greenwood answered on their following drive. BC then drove the field again inside the 30 but failed to convert; Greenwood got the ball and drove short and turned the ball over. Brookland-Cayce took the ball and drove to the 1 yard line and let the clock run out with no sense of urgency. 7-7.

Brookland-Cayce, as I have said, is the dark horse of the Class 3A siting at the No. 3 spot in the Preseason Top Ten. This team will be better than last year's team that nearly beat Dillon in the 3A semi-finals. They do not have a lot of depth but they are big and skilled and if they can keep their 1's healthy, they are going to be very tough to beat this season.

Greenwood has some skill players and are very dangerous. I did not see this match  up but from what I understand, their starting QB and WR only played one drive - that first one. Greenwood is going to be fine and should win the Region I. They will need to keep those two skills guys healthy, though.

#2 eagle93

eagle93

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

This is fairly correct. Dre and a few others played one drive. Trying to keep guys healthy and give others more practice. Plays were vanilla as this is what Pippin does in scrimmages. BC seemed to really want to win this thing. They were running trick plays. You usually only see that in the season games. They will be good in whatever class they're in.

#3 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

JV Team

• Administrator
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

This is fairly correct. Dre and a few others played one drive. Trying to keep guys healthy and give others more practice. Plays were vanilla as this is what Pippin does in scrimmages. BC seemed to really want to win this thing. They were running trick plays. You usually only see that in the season games. They will be good in whatever class they're in.

Glad to see you over here eagle93; I think the Eagles will be fine this year as long as you keep the two horses healthy. As for BC running trick plays, that's their typical offense. You see that in every game. I think both of these teams will be better than competitive in their respective classes and both will win their respective regions.

#4 eagle93

eagle93

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

Glad to see you over here eagle93; I think the Eagles will be fine this year as long as you keep the two horses healthy. As for BC running trick plays, that's their typical offense. You see that in every game. I think both of these teams will be better than competitive in their respective classes and both will win their respective regions.

Dre and Sam are important, but we have some other kids that can play. Alex Grier who came over from Emerald and Isaiah Wardlaw should also have an impact. Defense is good, but we have to tighten up on big plays. Von Ramsey will adjust quickly. I like this site better than Rivals.

#5 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

JV Team

• Administrator
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

Dre and Sam are important, but we have some other kids that can play. Alex Grier who came over from Emerald and Isaiah Wardlaw should also have an impact. Defense is good, but we have to tighten up on big plays. Von Ramsey will adjust quickly. I like this site better than Rivals.

This is the best move I've made in the past ten years, going back independent. By owning our own network, Deep South Football, we can create the kind of tools (scoreboard, region standings, team pages) that we were not allowed to do with the Rivals network. Get everyone over here Eagle93. It's free and we have tools no one else can offer.

I appreciate you being here.

#6 eagle93

eagle93

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

This is the best move I've made in the past ten years, going back independent. By owning our own network, Deep South Football, we can create the kind of tools (scoreboard, region standings, team pages) that we were not allowed to do with the Rivals network. Get everyone over here Eagle93. It's free and we have tools no one else can offer.

I appreciate you being here.

I'm telling one right now.

#7 Greenwood97

Greenwood97

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

The new site is awesome!!!

#8 eagle93

eagle93

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

Welcome to the site buddy.

#9 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

JV Team

• Administrator
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for coming over my friend. Spread the word. :)

#10 Greenwood97

Greenwood97

Rookie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

I sure will. Thanks for the invite.

#11 SC Dominates NC

SC Dominates NC

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

I'm spreading the word too....Much better already...

#12 Jim Baxter

Jim Baxter

JV Team

• Administrator
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

I'm spreading the word too....Much better already...

Thanks!!

JeffChapman-Dynamic