Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

South Davidson Football a Question Mark AGAIN...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 new_dawg

new_dawg

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

Wow. What a mess. Team folded halfway through 2016 season. Then, Head Coach Eric Tippett resigns a week before 2017 practice starts. Head basketball coach has stepped in as interim HFC, but still not certain whether the school will field a varsity team or not.

Read about this at:
http://www.the-dispa...-football-coach

#2 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 734 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Some schools just shouldn't have football. Lack of interest destroys the program. May be best to just build from the bottom and focus on a good JV program for a couple of years. Kinda had to do that at East Carteret when I got there. They hadn't fielded a JV in a few years, I had 17 kids come out the 1st day of practice. By the time I left we had over 50 in the program. Takes time and patience to rejuvenate a program.

#3 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

That area isn't suited well for football. Back to the days of Denton High School, they've NEVER been competitive. It's sad that the 8-10 guys capable of playing decent ball have to deal with this year in and year out. WMCS would have solved a lot of their problems. 

#4 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,508 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:23 AM

WMCS would have solved a lot of their problems. 

From the middle of Denton to West Montgomery High School it is nearly 40 miles.  Helluva long commute through the Uwharries.

#5 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

Yeah...but it would have given the players an option that they may not have this year or in the years to follow. That area has often been a "grey" area anyway. I know for a fact that several residents of Badin Lake, Montgomery County side, have sent their kids to North Stanly and South Davidson for one reason or another. If the parents are willing to bring their kids to school I would welcome the South Davidson players with open arms if they are out of options there. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic