Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Practice Tour: Hickory heads into the Stone Age

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:42 PM

I stopped by Hickory HS on Saturday to watch the Red Tornadoes Garnet & Gold game.  Here is the video/story from my visit. 

Link: Hickory heads into the Stone Age

#2 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:34 AM

Stone Age. Good one Chris. Gotta love that coach for his honesty. Tough place to coach but they have the right guy. If Russell Stone can't get this program turned around, nobody can. No roster yet and wondering if the Young kid came out or is just playing basketball?

#3 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

Young is not on the team at this time.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

Young is not on the team at this time.

What a shame. Kid has freak moves.

#5 CHEERDUCK

CHEERDUCK

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

What a shame. Kid has freak moves.

I've helped with middle school ball for the last 12 years and watched the game for over 50 years and NEVER have I seen a kid so talented as him. He sensed the open field and exploded faster than anyone I've ever witnessed at that age.His future is on the gridiron,but his role models and advisers think the hard wood is his ticket. He has talent there,but he'll get more scholarship opportunities with the game of football, IMO.

Selfishly I hope he gets the opportunity, under Stone, to show what he could do on the football field before he leaves HHS.

It's not where you start, but where you finish!

JeffChapman-Dynamic