Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Sandhills Athletic Conference 2017 Football

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Sandhills Athletic Conference 2017 Football

1. Scotland 7-0, 10-1
2. Richmond Senior, 6-1, 8-3
3. Pinecrest, 4-2, 9-2
4. Sevemty-First, 4-3, 7-4
5. Lumberton, 3-4, 4-7
6. Jack Britt, 2-5, 3-8
7. Hoke County, 1-6, 2-9
8. Purnell Swett, 0-7, 2-9

Expect Scotland to win its  seventh consecutive conference title.  But, Richmond will definitely have something to say about it as new head coach Bryan Till has the Raiders ready to go to war as they invade Pate Stadium in Laurinburg on November 3.  As usual, Pinecrest will settle for third place in the conference. The Patriots, with a much younger squad compared to past seasons will only be 1% improved compared to last year.  Seventy-First and Lumberton will battle Pinecrest for third place in the conference.  Jack Britt hopes to build on last year's 3-8 finish.  Hoke County and Purnell Swett will be fighting to try to stay out of the conference basement.

#2 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

I can see Britt being a little better and I could certainly see Pinecrest fall to 71st, but otherwise you're very solid with your outlook.

Richmond will be exceptional at the skill spots but will be small up front which could hurt them in some big games.

I could see a scenario though where Richmond beats the Scots but until we really see what the Till regime looks like on grass, it's real hard to go out on that limb yet.

#3 chasjip

chasjip

JV Team

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

Teams that play Richmond better be in excellent shape..I never have seen a coach at Richmond like till..he is a excellent condition coach..they will win a few games on condition alone..you won't see these players with their hands on their knees..

#4 Steelers71

Steelers71

Established Member

• Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

I think ya'll are sleeping on 71st. They have a solid rushing attack and they have their QB back. They were a real solid squad last year. Britt returns a lot of defensive players off a young squad last year, but returns one on OL and a WR that is solid. That is it. Lumberton has a QB offered by ASU last year. Hoke still has athletes all over the place and should be much improved with their HC going into his 1st full season and he had the whole off season to get his program going. We all know what Scotland and Richmond bring to the table. I expect Pinecrest to be good their normal competitive team under Metzger. So, I got:

1. Scotland

2 Richmond

3. 71st

4. Pinecrest

5. Lumberton

6. Britt

7. Hoke

8. Swett 

JeffChapman-Dynamic