Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Yadkin Valley Conference 2017

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,483 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Yadkin Valley Conference Football 2017

1. West Montgomery, 7-0, 11-0
2. North Rowan, 6-1, 9-2
3. North Stanly. 5-2, 7-4
4. North Moore, 4-3, 7-4
5. South Stanly, 3-4, 3-8
6. Albemarle, 2-5, 2-9
7. Chatham Central, 1-6, 1-10
8. South Davdson, 0-7, 0-11

North Rowan rejoins the Yadkin Valley Conference after the past four years in the 2A ranks.  The Cavaliers, won the Central Carolina 2A conference football championship outright in 2013, 2014 and 2016, while they shared a conference football title in 2015.  Look for the Cavaliers to challenge West Montgomery, outright winner of the previous four YVC football titles on October 27 down in Wadeville.  The Warriors have a new head coach in former Albemarle head coach Danny Akins, but the Warriors will not lose a step with this coaching transition.   North Stanly and North Moore both hope to throw a wrench in the Cavs' and Warriors' conference title aspirations.  North Moore will field a much younger team after losing 17 seniors from last season, but head coach Mike Vogt will have the Mustangs ready to compete in the league.  In the lower tier, look for South Stanly to try to move up to the upper tier, while Chatham Central and Albemarle fight for sixth place in the conference.  Hopefully, South Davidson will field a football team that will make it through the entire season.

#2 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:21 PM

Curious, who's the L to?

#3 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Curious, who's the L to?

Typing error on my part ... Got it fixed ...

Sorry to scare you there, WarriorLife'04 ...

#4 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:27 PM

Good job RD. I am 100% on board with your predictions and I think if the WM/NR game was played at NR it may be different. Not sure what NR has on D but from what I have been seeing the Warriors may have lost Eddins, Neal and Swan but guess what? A program moves on. Don't think for one second that they have "left" the program. It's there. For the pundits that read way too much into the desire for West Montgomery to fail the summer was the same. The off season was the same. One trip to West Montgomery doesn't show the drive and determination of the players. By the way, look at last year's roster. We were at best a 2 or 3 in the YVC. EM and NS were going to upend us due to all the Seniors. Well, guess what? We filled the positions with freshmen and sophomores. Add in a few Juniors and we made the Title Game. Came up short. So did every team but one. Not one single player from last year's team that didn't graduate wasn't there all summer. They got bigger. Stronger. People may not be on the sidelines. But they are still there. You don't accomplish what West Montgomery has in the last 56 years because of changes. Come see us October 27th when we play for the YVC Title for the 5th year in a row and undefeated in conference play. Coach Akins is the man to lead us to consolidation. Nothing will close out the history and legacy of West Montgomery than the last 6 years of conference play going undefeated. Yes, I said it. And y'all are fooling yourselves if you don't think that's the plan. 

#5 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

I think it comes down to the NR/WM game for the conference title.  And, the game being played at WM is definitely a plus for the Warriors.  Had to do a bunch of editing as I make tons of mistakes while typing.  And dyslexia as well as old age kicks in.  I am interested to see how NM will do, as well as the bottom tier teams. Haven't heard too much about South Davidson and whether they will field a team.  

#6 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

I could be wrong but I think Albemarle could play 500 ball....Still a long way to go but I forsee a much improved team ..

#7 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

If NM finishes with that record RD, I'd say they would have greatly overachieved. They have lost some really good players to graduation. This will be a rebuild year IMO

#8 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

I hope so. A good Albemarle team makes the conference stronger. North Moore should be the third place team and we all know how North Stanly has talent but can never seal the deal. Would love it Albemarle put it together and started working their way back to being competitive. 

#9 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

I personally beleive Chatham Central is good enough to compete better with most of the mid-pack teams. I was by practice on Monday and they've got numbers and some real studs. I could see them better than 1-10.

#10 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

That would be great to see, hopefully this conference will become more competitive before we leave it in few years.

#11 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Would like to see WM win a ship before merger...

#12 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

Chris, when you say numbers does that mean CC will have numbers to field a JV team this year?

#13 Nipit

Nipit

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

1. N R
2. W M
3. N S
4. C C
5. N M
6. AHS
7. SS
8. SD

#14 Nipit

Nipit

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

7. SS

#15 buddy rich

buddy rich

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Oh ye of little faith in my bulldogs, nipit..lol

#16 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

nipit... well.... how's 2A? 

CC could very well be 2A next realignment. Folks not familiar with what's going on in Chatham County may want to take note. By the time WM and em combine the population of that area could well be over the current ADM level. RTP West. Chatham Park will change the dynamic of that side of the county. JM will not see any benefit. Northwood will be 4A/AA. CC will get the $$ families that commute. Sit back and watch. Nip may be on point with CC finishing 4th. But he's wrong on NR beating WM at home. 11-0. 

#17 Sam Spencer

Sam Spencer

Varsity Team

• Coach
  • 237 posts
  • Email:CoachSpencer82@yahoo.com

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

nipit... well.... how's 2A? 

CC could very well be 2A next realignment. Folks not familiar with what's going on in Chatham County may want to take note. By the time WM and em combine the population of that area could well be over the current ADM level. RTP West. Chatham Park will change the dynamic of that side of the county. JM will not see any benefit. Northwood will be 4A/AA. CC will get the $$ families that commute. Sit back and watch. Nip may be on point with CC finishing 4th. But he's wrong on NR beating WM at home. 11-0. 

The county has approved a new high school to be built between Pittsboro and Jordan Lake.  It will have about 1200 students, scheduled to open fall of 2021.

#18 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

NR
NS
WM
NM
AHS
CC