Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

CP Stadium Project: Eastern Randolph HS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,477 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

Monday I stopped by Eastern Randolph HS and was able to get new photos at the newly renamed Burton Cates Stadium.  I was impressed in the condition of the field and the overall cleanliness of the stadium.  It's in tip-top shape for the start of the new season.  

I also noticed they've replaced the old wooden bleachers from the visitors side since my last visit, it truly is a first class facility now.  I hope that Trinity will be next on the list to get a stadium upgrade from the county, those visitors bleachers are in need of a safety overhaul. 

Link: CarolinaPreps.com Stadium Project - Eastern Randolph - Burton Cates Stadium

IMG_3053-M.jpg

#2 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Dang Chris your side job taking glamor shots?

Nice pics.

You got to holler when you get down this way. Take you out for a nab and Dr Pepper maybe. 

#3 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,477 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

Dang Chris your side job taking glamor shots?

Nice pics.

You got to holler when you get down this way. Take you out for a nab and Dr Pepper maybe.

I'd love to get that way and catch up.

It was easy to get such great pics when the stadium was in such good shape. I also had perfect sun/clouds/light conditions. I fight the sky all the time in my quest to get great stadium pictures, if the sun is low in the sky, the long shadows kill me!

#4 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

NOOOOOO! Not the wooden bleachers!!!!   That was part of ER's home field advantage.  It was always a good 15 degrees cooler on that side.  

The metal bleachers do look good.  Just won't be the same though.......

#5 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

NOOOOOO! Not the wooden bleachers!!!!   That was part of ER's home field advantage.  It was always a good 15 degrees cooler on that side.  

The metal bleachers do look good.  Just won't be the same though.......

Sat on the new metal bleachers during graduation. That's right my son was a junior marshal and played 3 sports! Enough bragging.

Those things got hot at 6 in afternoon in early June. Would be a HUGE advantage if they change start time for football to around 5pm.

I know they are much nicer but do look different. 

#6 SE Parent

SE Parent

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

I think the wooden bleachers were designed for the SEG fans to fall through!!!  LOL I think that was a neat field.  The pine trees gave a lot of shade on the visitors side. Mr. Cates had so smoking teams over the years.

#7 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:22 PM

I think the wooden bleachers were designed for the SEG fans to fall through!!!  LOL I think that was a neat field.  The pine trees gave a lot of shade on the visitors side. Mr. Cates had so smoking teams over the years.

Oh no we never wanted the fans to fall through, just their loose change and occasionally some folding money...

Now how we going to pay for stuff??

Dang guess we will have to sell doughnuts.

Hate that.

#8 SE Parent

SE Parent

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:12 AM

Make sure they are Krispy Kreeme? :lol:

#9 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:22 AM

Make sure they are Krispy Kreem?

Do they make any other kind?

#10 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:03 AM

They were designed for both SEG AND Asheboro fans to fall through.   B)

Joking aside, it is a neat stadium/field.  Only thing I never liked was that stupid moose call/train horn thingy we had around the turn of the century.  I hope that thing's rotting in a junkyard somewhere.  Hated that thing with a passion.

#11 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

They were designed for both SEG AND Asheboro fans to fall through.   B)

Joking aside, it is a neat stadium/field.  Only thing I never liked was that stupid moose call/train horn thingy we had around the turn of the century.  I hope that thing's rotting in a junkyard somewhere.  Hated that thing with a passion.

Glad I missed that one. Was a stretch there where my children weren't at the HS yet. Been there for last 14 years or so off and on and no moose or train sounds to speak of. Even the last cow bell parent graduated last year(OK her son did) but she has threatened to return and ring it for my son. May have even taken the Panthers/Wildcat growl thingy to SWR with Baxter. Let you know come Friday I guess.

Oh if Asheboro fans fell through we would just leave them there. They would never get out from under because it is dirt and they used to pavement. Probably try to call with cell phone for help and you know we don't have any service.  :lol: 

#12 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Kidd, that abomination was there from around '98 to 2000.  Consider yourself lucky.

JeffChapman-Dynamic