Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Plymouth at Tarboro

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

Game of interest. I am surprised this match up hasn't been discussed. Thoughts

#2 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

How much did Plymouth lose from last year's squad?

#3 #1VikingsFan

#1VikingsFan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

The Vikings are returning almost every starter from last years team.  Its going to be a tall mountain to climb for Plymouth.  I'm not bragging just saying I think there is a big difference this year in 1A and 1AA.

#4 Vikingfan08

Vikingfan08

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

We lost a few OL, we will be fine at RB. On Defense, finding some linebackers will be key. By the time conference play comes around, I think the Vikings of Plymouth will be fine. This will be a test for sure this early in the season.

#5 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

Might come down to Plymouth vs Southside in the small 1A East. If Southside is small 1A

I believe Tarboro will play Edenton Holmes on the week of December 1st for the 1AA semifinals.

#6 patricklsu

patricklsu

JV Team

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

Tarboro vs Holmes at a chance for a state title berth would be a hell of a game who else would be 1AA in the east that Holmes could potentially play in rounds 2 and 3

#7 SMC Observer

SMC Observer

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

just saying I think there is a big difference this year in 1A and 1AA.

The only team ranked ahead of Tarboro in any of the major publications polls (though I think Tarboro has earned the right to be preseason #1 with what they return) and one of the extremely few teams capable of giving the Vikings a serious challenge is a 1A team. Just saying ;)

#8 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:41 AM

Wish this was scheduled later in the season on one hand, then on the other Plymouth has to play Edenton so wouldn't want to face them back to back. Plymouth has to replace some key players but those replacements were on the team last season so while it will take awhile to get them up to speed. Should be running well by conference time. Plymouth will be hard pressed to keep up with Tarboro, but as with all early season games, you don't know until you put them on the field and hit someone else for a change. Stay close and see what happens. Never underestimate the heart of a Champion!

#9 Coach Harding

Coach Harding

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:50 AM

We are excited to welcome the Plymouth Vikings into Viking Stadium this Friday night at 7pm. Hope every has a great first week and if you're looking for a great game and a great football environment come on out to Tarboro High School on Friday.

Best of luck

Coach Harding

#10 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:20 AM

We are excited to welcome the Plymouth Vikings into Viking Stadium this Friday night at 7pm. Hope every has a great first week and if you're looking for a great game and a great football environment come on out to Tarboro High School on Friday.
Best of luck
Coach Harding

Thanks Coach Harding. This game and the Murphy vs Pisgah game should be the games of the week A & B. I hope all 4 teams represent well and come out injury free. Possibly 3 of 4 teams that could play for championships come December and depending on how things shake out a possible 4th that could be there. Six degrees of Bacon here but, I have broadcasted all three Murphy vs Plymouth State Championship games, I had a son who played for Pisgah, and in High School I grabbed air the first time I tried to tackle Kelvin Bryant and the second time he crushed me even though I had him by 100lbs. He ran both kicks back for TD's. Plan to go to both games this Thursday and Friday. I think it will be worth the ride. Good luck all this weekend!

#11 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

41-7 Tarboro

#12 NENCFootball

NENCFootball

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

I guarantee that the Vikings will win !! Noone else has said it, so I figured I would.

Really though ... Tarboro Vikings 49 - Plymouth Vikings 13

#13 purplemountaineer

purplemountaineer

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Plymouth's starters will hang with Tarboro for about a quarter, then the wearing down will begin.

Tarboro pulls away in the 2nd quarter, and it'll most likely be a running clock before the game is over.

Tarboro wins 42-7

#14 THS Vikings Fan

THS Vikings Fan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

Tarboro 49 - 0
10 minutes left

#15 Bonecollector

Bonecollector

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

Wow!

#16 THS Vikings Fan

THS Vikings Fan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Thanks Coach Harding. This game and the Murphy vs Pisgah game should be the games of the week A & B. I hope all 4 teams represent well and come out injury free. Possibly 3 of 4 teams that could play for championships come December and depending on how things shake out a possible 4th that could be there. Six degrees of Bacon here but, I have broadcasted all three Murphy vs Plymouth State Championship games, I had a son who played for Pisgah, and in High School I grabbed air the first time I tried to tackle Kelvin Bryant and the second time he crushed me even though I had him by 100lbs. He ran both kicks back for TD's. Plan to go to both games this Thursday and Friday. I think it will be worth the ride. Good luck all this weekend!

#17 THS Vikings Fan

THS Vikings Fan

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Alex,
Kelvin Bryant is on the sideline tonight.

#18 Alex Rains

Alex Rains

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

I thought I saw him, but trust me, I saw enough of him back in High School. Lol God he was fast, but we all knew that. When he hit me, I thought I had hit a friggin wall. String bean that felt like the Hulk! That's why he went on to a professional career in football, and I just talked about it on the radio. As for the games, Murphy looked impressive for the first game of the season. I hate to talk about officials but they threw their flags like they got paid by the infraction, and why is the field only 92 yards long? If you were there, you get that. The Bulldogs have a few holes, but I'm sure Gentry will get those closed by conference time. They were a step slower than I remembered from last season, but overall we all may be in trouble come playoff time. Pisgah was disappointing, but again it's early and Murphy had a lot to do with that. Tonight, I figured it would be one sided, but Tarboro is no joke. I'm yet to see Edenton, but they better bring their A game if they want to go to the Championship Game. Plymouth will get better, but with Coach Crossin not out there working with the defense this year looks to be a problem. Cody will get it figured out, but it will take some effort for Plymouth to go a 6th straight time. Been a long 36 hours, so I'm headed home for some sleep.

#19 VikeMike

VikeMike

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:42 AM

The most impressive stat...until the final drive of the night by Plymouth, they only had 9 yards of total offense and only 1 first down.  Their final play was a 49 yard TD pass.  The Tarboro offense is machine like but that defense is special.  

JeffChapman-Dynamic