Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

North Iredell Raiders

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

Well here we are, first day of practice!!!   How are the Raiders looking for the 2017 season?  With a loaded coaching staff of experience things should be looking up for those coming out to the Ravine this year.  Hopefully we can get off the 0-11 train and back to some quality wins.  Come on RAIDERS we can do this.  

#2 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

Better teach the offense more than two or three plays,,,lol

#3 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

From what I have heard, Coach Harper is doing a lot and Harper is a great coach! And I have heard they look pretty good but will that translate into the season.

NI lost some key pieces from last yr but they have a New young QB n a few key guys on the line. I think the defense esp their secondary does. I wouldn't be surprise if NI sneaks up to 5th place in conference and have few wins under there best this season!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#4 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

You only need a few plays if you have the athletes Statesville and mooresville do. Oh I forgot we are not the greyhounds. I think one win would be very optimistic with what we lost and the schedule we have. Coach Harper I'm sure is flexing his past head coaching muscle as well as coach Thompson. I did not make it out to many of the baby raiders games last year. Anything coming up from JV that we need to put on the radar?

#5 TheA-Train2012

TheA-Train2012

Established Member

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

I would like to see North Iredell do better except when they play Statesville. I believe North has a shot at beating Forbush, West Iredell,and East Rowan. I see North Iredell finishing 2-9

#6 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

U can add Carson, Northwest Cabarrus this could be a very interesting game , and maybe Wilkes Central

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#7 stickwolf

stickwolf

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Went up to practice for a little while last night. For all the crap the playstation all americans in the stands want to give these coaches they should come to a practice. Lots of teaching and intensity. Very impressed. Hard to tell a whole lot in shorts but they were hard at it very organized. Did watch some 7 on 7s  before the storm blew in at west in July, and the new QB (Transfer from Statesville I heard)  can sling it pretty good. But thats the part about HS football, You could have Tom Brady back there throwing but you still gota protect and you got to catch the pass so who knows. Just glad August is here.  I know they expect to win a few this year. Lots of enthusiasm out there. 

ON a side note was talking to one of the bleacher bums the other night and he mentioned how bad coaching in general was at North Iredell.... Then proceeded to tell me that "girls basketball had even fell off"  HAHAHA Girls hoops was like 28-1 last year. Tough crowd up in Olin. 

#8 Schmo

Schmo

Established Member

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

Football is the sport enjoyed by many but understood by few.  Nothing wrong with the coaching at North Iredell !  I love how you phrased it, "Playstation  All Americans" which covers the younger fans.  Add the older "Know it All" bunch and you got a typical crowd at a Friday night game anywhere. 

#9 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

All I said is the offense needs to learn more than two or three plays. I wish North the best of luck and actually support the athletic programs. But I do believe the offense is way to simplistic. I also realize this is only the second year for the head coach. So time will tell.
Stickwolf, whoever that was that said girls basketball has fallen off, needs to pay $5 and come to some games! Lol.

#10 Raidergator

Raidergator

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

Glad to see the pipeline still working. Not going to get much playing time in the hollow so transfer to north. Coaching connections run deep. Gotta love August, everybody is excited and thinks their going to be world beaters. Hope all the teaching and intensity turns in to some w's for the Raiders. Keep us posted stickwolf!!

#11 stickwolf

stickwolf

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

All I said is the offense needs to learn more than two or three plays. I wish North the best of luck and actually support the athletic programs. But I do believe the offense is way to simplistic. I also realize this is only the second year for the head coach. So time will tell.
Stickwolf, whoever that was that said girls basketball has fallen off, needs to pay $5 and come to some games! Lol.

Well I THOUGHT this person did go to some games but then I find out hes just repeating talking points he heard at the barber shop. As I found people see and hear only what they want to whether it makes a lick of sense or not. 

Scrimmage next Wednesday at Starmount. JV and Varsity.... but now I have a conflict, The Iredell County Wolfpack club meeting HAHA  Where to go is the question #GoRaiders #GoPack

#12 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

I think if Y'all O line n D line can do well then I think u can have a chance but I think ur d line is better ATM but time will tell and Ni could sneak up to 5th place spot so things are lookin up for NI

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

JeffChapman-Dynamic