Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Northeastern record projection

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I expect big things from my boys this year with that being said I see them going 9-2 with losses being to norview and Holmes

#2 banditback

banditback

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

Newsflash! With all due respect to Paul Hoggard and the Aces....if NE loses to 1-a they will not be a contender in 2-a and everyone can quit bellyaching about Shrine Bowl snubs.

#3 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:26 AM

I pretty my eagles beat our rivals the aces lol I just don't see it happening sadly

#4 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

Even if Northeastern does lose to the aces I think that would motivate them badly time will tell they have quite a few questions coming into this season

#5 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

Northeastern better take it one game at a time. DH Conley has one of the if not the best QB's in the state. Conley may not punt the ball all year long and if they improve on defense any at all NE could start the year 0-2 ( per your prediction on Norview) . They should handle Edenton, they better keep their eye on Hertford County. On paper NE is as good as anyone. Unfortunately the game is not played on paper. They'll need to believe in themselves, not the hype. 

#6 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

I agree with you broadwayJ if they don't figure things out quickly it could be a very underachieving season for NHS I hope my eagles beat Conley that would be hige for this season and confidence

#7 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

With the talent they have and the prediction that they could be the top 2A(AA) team in the east anything less than a state championship could be considered as underachieving. A lot of pressure to run the table for NE. They need to get over the hump, is this the year ?

#8 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

This could be the year they get to the 4th round I don't see them going to states they always see to find a way to get into their own heads

#9 BroadwayJ

BroadwayJ

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:40 AM

You made my point for me. I didn't want to say it but it does seem to be the case.

#10 NENCFootball

NENCFootball

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Conley and Norview will be very tough games for them. They should be very motivated for Edenton and HC. HC has beat them 2 of their last 3 meetings and Edenton knocked them out of the playoffs at home last year. The key to me is the gelling of the players with the new faces on the team, coupled with their head coach not being at the high school anymore. With 2 legit D1 juniors and a senior QB being touted as a D2 player, the expectations should be high.

#11 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:15 PM

Wait antiono Moore isn't there anymore? NENC if you have to predict northeastern vs Conley who would you say wins

#12 NENCFootball

NENCFootball

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

He is still the coach, but has been moved to the middle school from what I hear. IMO, not having the daily interaction with the players, has the potential, to hurt the program. They do have Nixon and Comstock, 2 very good assistant coaches, in the building so it may not be an issue. If I was a betting man, I would have to put my money on Conley. They have a group that has scored a lot of points the last couple years and have played together for a while. The game will be a shoot out. I predict over 90 points scored, with Conley winning by 14, something around the 56-42 range. I see NE hanging in there til late in the 3rd. Conley has the numbers to play 22 different kids so they won't wear down like NE, who will probably be playing 4 players on both sides of the ball. 

#13 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:33 PM

I agree definite shootout in this game to open the season i see it going Northeastern 45 Conley 42 I think Northeastern gets it done on their home field but it won't be easy that's for sure neither team can come into this one thinking they are going to run through each other no way do I see a blowout happing

#14 ilovefb

ilovefb

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

I agree definite shootout in this game to open the season i see it going Northeastern 45 Conley 42 I think Northeastern gets it done on their home field but it won't be easy that's for sure neither team can come into this one thinking they are going to run through each other no way do I see a blowout happing

Heard the rich got richer in Elizabeth City with transfers from Texas (2 brothers) and a linebacker from Missouri. Add that to Freshwater, JR Walker, Dallas Hall, Sutton, Darius Walton, M Combs, J'Cori Shaw, Baum, B Jones, etc.. they have a wealth of talent.  10-1 (maybe 11-0)  regular season with long run in playoffs if they stay healthy

#15 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Oh wow 2 players transfered to NHS wow

#16 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

From Texas

#17 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:56 PM

I wonder why did hey transfer to Northeastern what positions do the 2 Brothers play from Texas

#18 ilovefb

ilovefb

JV Team

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

I wonder why did hey transfer to Northeastern what positions do the 2 Brothers play from Texas

I heard the father transferred to the Coast Guard base , one is a 6'5 senior WR that plays basketball too and his brother is a sophomore RB.

The gem I heard is the Missouri kid whose father is from Elizabeth City, very good MLB.

#19 patricklsu

patricklsu

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Oh man this news has me excited for my eagles

JeffChapman-Dynamic