Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Statesville at Hickory

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:22 PM

This game will be on my radar to watch bc Hickory will be no Slouch under their new HC Russell Stone!

This could be a interesting game but I still give Statesville the edge but It will interesting to see how well Hickory is improved and looks in Week 1

I say Statesville win by 14 pts! Your Thoughts?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

I think both of these teams will be improved from last season. I'm thinking it may take Hickory some time to adjust with a new coach. Perhaps next season they will really flourish. But I think Statesville will raise some eyebrows this season and give some teams a fit. I take Statesville by 2 touchdowns.

#3 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Statesville by 17

#4 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Hickory begins the season with Statesville, Newton-Conover, and Hunter Huss. It's a very tough road for the last team to be out of the 2A alignment. If Huss is anything close to being like last year they will be very good. N-C will be greatly improved. Statesville is still a street ball team with speed.

I'm taking Hickory in this game, well because of three things: I'm an alumni, they have gotten kids out to play they haven't before, and the kids are responding to Coach Stone. Hickory has more work to be done which includes getting the youth program onboard but they are going to be much more competitive whether they win or lose games. The line play will determine Hickory's fate. The skill players are covered. Hickory could start 0-3 or 2-1. Early moral will be a key to how the season goes which is why the Statesville game is critical.

#5 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:58 AM

Hickory will be better but Statesville gets this one.  Hickory will knock off a team or two that nobody expects before they year is over if Stone can keep them rowing in the same direction, easier said than done but he's really good at making it happen.

#6 HoundBooster84

HoundBooster84

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

Hickory begins the season with Statesville, Newton-Conover, and Hunter Huss. It's a very tough road for the last team to be out of the 2A alignment. If Huss is anything close to being like last year they will be very good. N-C will be greatly improved. Statesville is still a street ball team with speed.

I'm taking Hickory in this game, well because of three things: I'm an alumni, they have gotten kids out to play they haven't before, and the kids are responding to Coach Stone. Hickory has more work to be done which includes getting the youth program onboard but they are going to be much more competitive whether they win or lose games. The line play will determine Hickory's fate. The skill players are covered. Hickory could start 0-3 or 2-1. Early moral will be a key to how the season goes which is why the Statesville game is critical.

I mean the Hounds aren't always the most disciplined squad in the state but its pretty ironic that a Hickory fan throwing out a street ball comment.  Hickory has made Statesvillle look well oiled the last few years. 

#7 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

I mean the Hounds aren't always the most disciplined squad in the state but its pretty ironic that a Hickory fan throwing out a street ball comment.  Hickory has made Statesvillle look well oiled the last few years.

Street ball meaning the kids just don't stay home on defense and chase the play. Not a reference to the offense. Discipline starts with not chasing the play and trusting everyone takes care of their area. Yes Hickory has went down for years with Statesville having better players. The win comes this year for the Tornadoes.

JeffChapman-Dynamic