Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Burns at Alexander Central

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

AC has pretty decent non conference schedule and first up is The Burns Bulldogs who AC use play back in the day! This is the game I'll be at for Week 1

This game should be a good one and I give the edge to AC due to Burns will be young n also AC will be senior led but the Biggest question is, How well does AC defense perform and improve vs a quality opponent in 3A.

I think AC wins here by 20 pts but Burns is no slouch tho so anything is possible

Your thoughts?!

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:51 PM

I think this game will be better than the other 2 you have posted. I'm not up on Burns that much other than they were 10-3 last season losing out the 2 rd. to Hibriten. Not sure who they will return as well. Not sure how the defense will be for Alexander Central but I honestly think this will be a fun game to watch as for the scoring part is concerned. Burns does play in a tough conference but I think you could see a 49-42 type ballgame. I will go in AC favor but that my red 2 cents worth.

#3 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

I think Burns lost alot from last year and A.C. returns alot. A.C. by a bunch.

#4 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

Two big keys for Alexander Central going into the season.  The offensive line lost every starter but one,  so some Sophomores are going to see some time.  They show a lot of promise but they are green.  The second concern is how much better the defense will be.  It needs to get a lot better and some issues remain in the secondary.  The Offense will be prolific even if the O line struggles early but if it jells, watch out !

#5 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

I think Burns lost alot from last year and A.C. returns alot. A.C. by a bunch.

If AC is supposed to have this strong offense then that could be trouble for a young Burns team so early in the season. The Bulldogs always play hard though so watch for them to keep it close. 

#6 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:43 PM

Burns is going to take a step back this year. No more East Burkes, East Rutherford, Chase, etc for them. I feel Ashbrook will be greatly improved regardless of the returning players considering the two coaches they got this year. Burns mostly likely will have at least two or three conference losses.

Alexander Central has been the scoring machine without a defense. Skill talent and athletic kids keep being put on the offensive side of the ball. They could easily start 4 kids both ways and totally change the results of the defense. 1A, 2A do it, so can 3A and 4A. Jeez man you get 40 seconds of rest for every 5 seconds. When Harper was at AC they never had anyone go both ways and he had 120 kids out for JV and Varsity. Number of kids dropped significantly under Bazzle and his son the OC.

#7 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

I hate burns... go AC! Lol

#8 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Did burns lose alot from last season?

#9 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

Did burns lose alot from last season?

Yes seem like they will be young this season

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#10 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

AC will have some youth too.  Look for some Sophomores to start on the O Line and maybe in the secondary too.  Carter told me he plans to pull up a rather significant number of Sophs and that means they will play or they would be playing JV

#11 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

I may have went a little high on my score of 49-42. Even before I read these other comments before they pop up I kept thinking I went too high. I still think it's going to be competitive but I'm still going with AC on more like a 35-28 game.

#12 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

I'm still on the fence with Burns. Talent level at Burns is probably 4th in Cleveland county...no offense to the Burns fans because according to everyone else Crest isn't all that great either in the talent section, third place at least. With Burns losing so much, and a coach that still feel is not quite up to par with Beam...Scoring more than 20 points on their first game...despite AC defense...seems like a stretch to me.

#13 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:37 PM

I'm still on the fence with Burns. Talent level at Burns is probably 4th in Cleveland county...no offense to the Burns fans because according to everyone else Crest isn't all that great either in the talent section, third place at least. With Burns losing so much, and a coach that still feel is not quite up to par with Beam...Scoring more than 20 points on their first game...despite AC defense...seems like a stretch to me.

Talked to a couple people who,follow Burns closely that think they are going to have some growing pains early. I only see two gimme games on that schedule. AC will score a bunch on the Bulldogs and next up is Shelby. It's not going to get any easier with Ashbrook and Hunter Huss just down the schedule. AC should have big numbers in the game on the ground.

#14 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Talked to a couple people who,follow Burns closely that think they are going to have some growing pains early. I only see two gimme games on that schedule. AC will score a bunch on the Bulldogs and next up is Shelby. It's not going to get any easier with Ashbrook and Hunter Huss just down the schedule. AC should have big numbers in the game on the ground.

That maybe true that AC should have at least 200+ rushing yards but I wanna see what the AC Defense can do but even tho Burns will be young they still have some good pieces there and should be hungry so they may struggle early but I think they will gel 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#15 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Eh, Burns returns 6 starters...I'm sorry, but they will be lucky to make the playoffs...Ashbrook finally has a new coach, which I personally hope turns out to be a great hire because of all the talent running around over there...then Hunter Huss could be a state champion contender. Add a Crest team that returns 14 starters and KM...it's gonna be a tough season...then again who knows? I'm picking AC against Burns...by a lot.

#16 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Yes seem like they will be young this season

based on that and Alex central returnees I like the cougars by 17

#17 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

Just a little update on the Cougars.  They are planning on starting 3 sophomores on the offensive line.  They are talented but alas, they are sophomores so we'll see how quickly they jell.  Anderson is throwing the ball very, very, well in practice and Godfrey is poised to have a monster season.  The defense will be better in 2017 but how much better, I don't know.  I will say this, the Cougars are pretty darned physical this year, more so than the last several years.  Depth is a huge concern but I guess everyone is saying that this time of year.  Cougars should win this game but I know Burns will be no pushover....Cougars by 3 touchdowns

#18 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

After watching burns on film I actually like burns in a close game

#19 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

Just a little update on the Cougars. They are planning on starting 3 sophomores on the offensive line. They are talented but alas, they are sophomores so we'll see how quickly they jell. Anderson is throwing the ball very, very, well in practice and Godfrey is poised to have a monster season. The defense will be better in 2017 but how much better, I don't know. I will say this, the Cougars are pretty darned physical this year, more so than the last several years. Depth is a huge concern but I guess everyone is saying that this time of year. Cougars should win this game but I know Burns will be no pushover....Cougars by 3 touchdowns

The old NPC should be very beneficial for AC this year I think

#20 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

Game Recap

http://860wacb.com/9558-2/

#21 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Good win for Alex Central but looks like they could be in a dog fight with hickory watauga freedom and perhaps West Caldwell for the confrence crown.

#22 stizz49

stizz49

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

Freedom shoukd be the hands down favorite after hanging with shelby last night

#23 Crest91

Crest91

JV Team

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

Freedom should ALWAYS be the FAVORITES when playing at freedom...dirtiest place to play in NC and the sad part is as a crest fan, I hate Shelby!

#24 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Here my take:

AC: Offensively they started out slow like first drive taken 13 plays due to flags n some poor blocking at time n losing yardage. AC offense did get better through out the night! : Defensively; they look OK but they held their own at times but gave up some big plays! AC defense needs work n so does offense but They have a lot of heart but if they play Freedom n others I think lack of depth n Defense could hurt them.

Burns: They young and it showed with The unsportsmanlike penalty , 2 fumbles (1 lost) but they have talent n they have some good players like CJ hooper and others. Burns is somewhat small on defense side of the ball. Burns should Wins some games

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#25 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

Freedom should ALWAYS be the FAVORITES when playing at freedom...dirtiest place to play in NC and the sad part is as a crest fan, I hate Shelby!

Refs!
Fog!
Steamboat whistles!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

JeffChapman-Dynamic