Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

WMCS

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

I said it was going to happen. I also said if it wasn't going to I'd be the first to admit i the effort failed. I'm on the record and I will let everyone that is here that the Charter for West Montgomery isn't going to happen. Montgomery Central will be the school in three years. After a very valiant attempt and many, many meetings the combining of the two schools in Montgomery County is solidified. West Montgomery will be combining with East Montgomery. The two will be officially one in the Fall of 2020. The support and efforts from the group will be seen and appreciated. Best of luck to all. 

#2 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:50 AM

Why is the charter not happening?  What were the major issues holding it up?  Very curious to know how the charters come in to existence.

#3 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

One word btango. POLITICS. The powers that be in Montgomery County sold their souls to the devil with a loan that will never be able to be paid back to the state. In order to "fund" the central high school several things had to happen concerning the existing buildings. The fact that they didn't put the issue to a vote smells bad. When it came to light that buildings have already been tabbed for "government" housing it smells worse. The central high school will be a top notch facility with all the whistles and bells. The county population is in a steady decline. The tax base will not be there when the rent is due. The good people of North Carolina will be paying for the decisions of 7 people who will without a doubt benefit greatly from this. 

As far as the Charter goes you just need money, a plan for a facility and enough interest to put a model together. Most of all money. That's all the state cares about for the most part. Teachers do not even need a certification. Very sad in my opinion. There has to be a number of degrees, accredited individuals etc....... but not like public schools. Again, MONEY. 

#4 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

On a side note Congrats to Jo Leake with his performance in the East-West All Star game representing West Montgomery! Rushing for 93 yards on 7 carries. Small schools produce talent also and it's nice to see a small school, small town athlete shine on a big stage.

#5 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

And 13 yards per carry, very impressive. Feed the man Pembroke!

#6 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

Jo Leake is very talented running back / athlete!  Is he a Junior or a Sophomore this year? 

#7 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

Jo Leake is very talented running back / athlete!  Is he a Junior or a Sophomore this year? 

East West All Star game is for players that just graduated from high school.  He will be a college freshman this fall.

#8 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

I guess it would have helped if I read the post.  Haha. 

I must have gotten some misinformation.  Someone told me he was an underclassman and he would be dangerous next season. 

Maybe they were talking about college.  Where is he going to play?   It will good to keep up with him. 

I think college scouts are starting to realize that there are very talented players in 1a/1aa ball.  These teams just don't have a lot of depth but that is the primary difference.  Not to mention the occasional freak athletes some 4a//3a teams have. 

#9 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

UNC Pembroke

#10 hbnw

hbnw

JV Team

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:48 AM

I am not shocked that the charter school has failed. I have said before and I'll say again I am excited to see one school in MOCO. I truly feel if done properly athletics could be special at the school. I am very interested to see who becomes the first head football coach at the newly consolidated school...

#11 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

I expect a very competitive football team and also in other sports. The new HC will be a top notch coach that u can beat on. People around here will not settle for less

#12 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

Just remember East and West have been top 2 teams in the conference in football and baseball last several years. Young talent is coming also

#13 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

I expect a very competitive football team and also in other sports. The new HC will be a top notch coach that u can beat on. People around here will not settle for less

THINK‚Äč it is an autocorrect thing but...

Y'all don't really beat on your coaches do ya?

#14 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Here we go again, are u butt hurt because we can beat pretty much every Randolph County team? It's ok man, we not the smartest around u know. We just saw lumber and watch football. My apologies. And no we are nice to our great coaches

#15 thekidd12

thekidd12

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Here we go again, are u butt hurt because we can beat pretty much every Randolph County team? It's ok man, we not the smartest around u know. We just saw lumber and watch football. My apologies. And no we are nice to our great coaches

Ok you guys throw around butt hurt in a lot of posts. Not anything I am familiar with. Guess that is a younger generation thing.

Said nothing about any football/baseball/basketball or any other sport. Joked about autocorrect "fixing" what you really wanted to say. Never have said, nor would say, anything about anyone's intelligence. 

Sorry if it rubbed you wrong. And sawmilling is nothing to be ashamed about. I have farmed for 50 plus years. Never been accused of being smart either.

Oh and if your high school can beat all the Randolph teams not sure it would have any effect on my butt.

Have a good night.

#16 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

Lol true

#17 Charter1

Charter1

Rookie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

One word btango. POLITICS. The powers that be in Montgomery County sold their souls to the devil with a loan that will never be able to be paid back to the state. In order to "fund" the central high school several things had to happen concerning the existing buildings. The fact that they didn't put the issue to a vote smells bad. When it came to light that buildings have already been tabbed for "government" housing it smells worse. The central high school will be a top notch facility with all the whistles and bells. The county population is in a steady decline. The tax base will not be there when the rent is due. The good people of North Carolina will be paying for the decisions of 7 people who will without a doubt benefit greatly from this. 

As far as the Charter goes you just need money, a plan for a facility and enough interest to put a model together. Most of all money. That's all the state cares about for the most part. Teachers do not even need a certification. Very sad in my opinion. There has to be a number of degrees, accredited individuals etc....... but not like public schools. Again, MONEY. 

WM1977 I sent you a message!  I'd love to speak with you regarding the first attempt at a Montgomery County charter!

JeffChapman-Dynamic