Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Stadium Project: South Iredell

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Hughes

Chris Hughes

Head Coach

• Administrator
  • 18,255 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Yesterday I visited head football coach Scott Miller and South Iredell High School. This will certainly be one of the teams to watch in the 3A this season. 

I was able to take new photos of the football facilities and it was apparent that they've put a lot of effort into upgrading and beautifying their stadium. 

Enjoy the photos!

Link: CarolinaPreps.com Stadium Project - South Iredell High School

IMG_2951-M.jpg

#2 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

Nice photos! Thank you Chris for sharing.

#3 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Very small. Drastically need more seating and double the visitor bleachers. Following is way to big for such limited seating. Love the music and announcer there. People parking cars are the most organized and friendly of any place I've been. ROTC kids working are the best.

#4 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

I agree with you GDG, the visitor side is small and maybe over time they will make progress on that. But I know since I went years ago a lot of progress had been done. It looks like even more has been done since last year. The stadium and facilities and all is looking real good.

#5 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

Only thing they have done in 4yrs is up graded the score board lol ....They need ALOT!!! More seating

#6 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

True with South being a Big 3A school now and could well go 4A next time when they realign they sure need more seating. The games I went to last year brought out good crowds and I seen then more seating was in need. I will also add this that the school I think was open in 1966 and the stadium is 50+ years old and yes the stadium is behind time and is need of upgrading on size.

#7 FHS1985

FHS1985

Established Member

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Very small. Drastically need more seating and double the visitor bleachers. Following is way to big for such limited seating. Love the music and announcer there. People parking cars are the most organized and friendly of any place I've been. ROTC kids working are the best.

Speaking of which-on the previous version of the stadium project Chris put the estimated capacity.  I don't see anything like that for the current version, but I liked to see those numbers in order to get an idea about the size of the place.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#8 Schmo

Schmo

Established Member

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:18 PM

I guess they've done a lot with what they have but they don't have much.  I don't mean to be critical but South Iredell needs a new stadium. 

#9 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

I remember the days that the home side had to walk over to the visitor side to go to the concession stand. Since then they built another concession on the home side. They also have what I call a hut that sells shirts, hats, etc.. Progress had been made over the years. I feel like over time it will get better with these other things.

#10 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

South has done nothing for fan seats in YEARS!!!

#11 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

South iredell has probably one of the worst away sides bc it's too close together n compacted and also limited seating!

Like when Mooresville, Statesville, AC came there it was pretty much full before the game even started so Many had to stand n also people who did sit down it's pretty close n tight space

Parking isn't bad at SI

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#12 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

Parking has came along ways to what it use to be. They also improved where they sale the tickets. Over all it's not bad but wish more seating could be put in. Especially the visitor side.

#13 Schmo

Schmo

Established Member

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

Wrecking Ball is the only option.  You put a dress on a pig, it's still a pig

#14 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Only problem with that is that it's not the schools decision in that regard.... ISS has a rule, whatever gets done to 1 school, gets done to them all. Expanding SI would probably end up having to include expanding/Renovating at WI, and NI as well. And maybe LKN's away side. Don't think this is something that'll happen for a while.

#15 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,245 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:09 AM

South iredell has probably one of the worst away sides bc it's too close together n compacted and also limited seating!

Like when Mooresville, Statesville, AC came there it was pretty much full before the game even started so Many had to stand n also people who did sit down it's pretty close n tight space

Parking isn't bad at SI

North Iredell I think is a lot worse. My biggest gripe with the away seating at South isn't so much the lack of seating... as much as it's the one old section of bleachers that you feel like you're going to fall off of lol

#16 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

I duno you should see all the work that's going on at south now..They are paving that top parking lot on the hill..and they are adding on to the other side of the school with a giant auditorium.. With all new class rooms around that But I am sure it's all for the IB! kids

#17 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

I duno you should see all the work that's going on at south now..They are paving that top parking lot on the hill..and they are adding on to the other side of the school with a giant auditorium.. With all new class rooms around that But I am sure it's all for the IB! kids

NI is also getting a new Auditorium 

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#18 npcfan

npcfan

JV Team

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

Statesville got their new auditorium in last couple of years first! Has nothing to do with IB program. Someone said in earlier post what they do for one school they have to do for all. But the only thing they can't do is control how well the boosters and coaches work together to raise $$$$. They all are getting new auditoriums...all I can say is support your booster programs!!!

#19 NPCFANCAM

NPCFANCAM

JV Team

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

If you call working hard ..MAKING!! the kids buy special jerseys- socks- and sell crappy discount cards working hard...Well then

JeffChapman-Dynamic