Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

2017 SMC JV Season

1A Football WNC Smoky Mountains

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#76 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

I think Clapsaddle will play again.  It may be his Junior and/or Senior years but I think he will play again.  Being that young and having that severe of an injury it can put a kid at risk to have another knee injury.  If he were to have another one on the same knee then it could be very career ending.  I think baseball is his top sport so he may not want to risk that happening again with football.  I hate seeing severe injuries for kids this age. 

With all of the players not playing and or moving up do you think the standings will look any different this season?  I think this would give Andrews, Hayesville and Robbinsville a better shot at the conference title this season.  Swain and Murphy still the favorite at 1 and 2?

September 7th can't get here fast enough.    

#77 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

I would still put swain #1 until someone proves otherwise. I'm hearing Hayesville looks strong. Honestly Murphy, Andrews, Robbinsville or Hayesville could push for #2. Won't know until the pads start popping. Could be some really close competitive game's this year.

#78 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

Last year was close.

#79 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

I would still put swain #1 until someone proves otherwise. I'm hearing Hayesville looks strong. Honestly Murphy, Andrews, Robbinsville or Hayesville could push for #2. Won't know until the pads start popping. Could be some really close competitive game's this year.

I'm not sure how it stacks up but I'm saying whoever has the most 9th graders takes the conference. Take Swain for instance,I don't see a team with 19 8th graders beating a team with 19 freshman.. I have no idea how many freshman Robbinsville has.

#80 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

I'm not sure how it stacks up but I'm saying whoever has the most 9th graders takes the conference. Take Swain for instance,I don't see a team with 19 8th graders beating a team with 19 freshman.. I have no idea how many freshman Robbinsville has.

Murphy and Andrews are both freshman heavy. I have no idea about Hayesville.

#81 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

Thanks Cold Biscuit for having faith in our boys.  This 8th grade group is talented so I am sure they will be able to compete with teams with more 9th graders.  Last year Swain had 22+ 9th graders so we may have had more 9th graders last year than most teams.  Murphy and Robbinsville probably had the second and third most.  This is how the conference ended last season so there may be some correlation.  I hope the talent factor will play into it this season for Swain.   

This season I see Andrews, Murphy and Hayesville with the largest number of 9th graders.  Unless something changes. 

#82 crimson jacket

crimson jacket

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

did LOSIAH MOVE TO VARSITY?

#83 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

He is still on JV but he is one of our talented 9th graders.  He will make an impact on the field this season on both sides of the ball. 

We just received our game schedule.

Sept. 7th - Hayesville @ Swain

Sept. 14th - Swain @ Andrews

Sept. 21st - Swain @ Cherokee

Sept. 28th - Rosman @ Swain

Oct. 5th - Bye

Oct. 12th - Swain @ Murphy

Oct. 19th - Robbinsville @ Swain

#84 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

I could of told you your schedule 2 weeks ago.

#85 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

The Robbinsville Black Knights 2017 Schedule.
9-7 vs Rosman.
9-14 vs Cherokee.
9-21 vs Murphy.
9-28 Open.
10-5 at Andrews.
10-12 at Hayesville.
10-19 at Swain.
10-26 vs Andrews.

#86 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

Robbinsville has 15 freshman and a nice sized line for junior high.

#87 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Surprised by 15 freshman!  Should be a fun season to watch.  

Could come down to who wants it the most........ 

#88 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

The Robbinsville Black Knights 2017 Schedule.
9-7 vs Rosman.
9-14 vs Cherokee.
9-21 vs Murphy.
9-28 Open.
10-5 at Andrews.
10-12 at Hayesville.
10-19 at Swain.
10-26 vs Andrews.

I'm now hearing that the Andrews game that was scheduled for October 26 has been moved to August 31.
That would only allow around 7 practices before the first game..and part of those will be no pads, no contact I'm sure

#89 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

I'm now hearing that the Andrews game that was scheduled for October 26 has been moved to August 31.
That would only allow around 7 practices before the first game..and part of those will be no pads, no contact I'm sure

I noticed that everyone only plays 6 games except Andrews and Robbinsville. They play each other twice. What's the reason for the extra game?

#90 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

I noticed that everyone only plays 6 games except Andrews and Robbinsville. They play each other twice. What's the reason for the extra game?

I'm not sure other than just an agreement between the Coaches.
It has been this way for several years as for as I know

#91 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

Swain did it also. Forget who they played. Rosman maybe.

#92 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

Goodknight I'm hearing Cherokee will not be at our scrimmage. Only Andrews and Hayesville. I've also heard the game might be moved to Hayesville because of rain and turf. Have you heard if its still at Big Oaks?

#93 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

Goodknight I'm hearing Cherokee will not be at our scrimmage. Only Andrews and Hayesville. I've also heard the game might be moved to Hayesville because of rain and turf. Have you heard if its still at Big Oaks?

Still on at Big Oaks as of now..No Cherokee however

#94 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:06 AM

We scrimmaged Rosman a few years back but it was the week before the actual start of the season.  Last year they cancelled it on us due to weather.  I wish our JV team this year would scrimmage a team or two.  Helps a young team get ready for a regular season game.  7 on 7 does nothing to get a veer team ready for a game. 

#95 Cold Biscuit

Cold Biscuit

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

We scrimmaged Rosman a few years back but it was the week before the actual start of the season. Last year they cancelled it on us due to weather. I wish our JV team this year would scrimmage a team or two. Helps a young team get ready for a regular season game. 7 on 7 does nothing to get a veer team ready for a game.

IMO 7 on 7 tells you very little at the jv level. For example, I doubt you'll see the devils throwing it very much this season. Scrimmages are the best practices you can have, ones vs ones getting real looks.

#96 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

Exactly Cold Biscuit!  This will blow your mind!  We three six passes all season last year.  Completed four of them for four TD's.  

Of course we gained almost 7 yards every time we ran the ball so not a big need to throw it.  That was against an eight man front all year......

#97 GoodKNIGHT

GoodKNIGHT

Established Member

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

I stand corrected, looked into myself as well. With that said, his times vs. Dorsey and Murray's times as 8th graders still back up my original statement. Clapsaddle's top times last year vs. Sain's are also superior.

I don't want it sound like I'm downing the young man, he's an excellent football player and I know track times don't always directly correlate to "football speed". The only reason I chimed in was because I found it amusing that a few seemed as if they were insinuating Sain was on another plane athletically versus his peers, that's clearly not true.

Sain is very good athlete in his own right, has a great football IQ and he clearly puts in a ton of work, so whatever natural athletic advantage a few of his peers may have, it is likely negated through that.

Brice Sain just returns kickoff 65 yards... against a 3A school..14 yr old playing against 18 years old..

#98 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

That was a great run back. He showed speed agility and vision. Not to mention that we needed that momentum just after Tuscola went ahead 14-7 with less than 2min left before half. Then Swain scored three plays later with momentum going into halftime. I was impressed with him even on his carries. I think he has already showed in the first game that he is ready and able to make an impact for Swain this season. He looks like he has already adjusted to the varsity level despite the age difference. He is going to be fun to watch over the next four years! I see big things for this team over the next four years as well. Lots of talent. Several sophomores also getting playing time and getting better.

#99 BigDevil79

BigDevil79

JV Team

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

If he can catch, Sain could get some real yardage being used in our screens and reverses considering how unknown he is atm.

#100 SwainDad40

SwainDad40

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

Very True  BigDevil79

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1A Football, WNC, Smoky Mountains

JeffChapman-Dynamic