Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

2017 2A Preseason Power Rankings

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

Dear lord if he plays defensive back that defense will be even better. He adds some speed that most don't have. Don't know if he likes to hit but safety would be a good spot.

#52 NENCFootball

NENCFootball

Freshman Team

• Coach
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Does anyone have an estimate as to where the split in the admin #'s will be ?

#53 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

I know East Montgomery is moving up to 2A but I still think they will be major players this year in the Rocky River. They return a ton on defense and return McKinney and most of their Oline on offense. And the other teams in that conference have been a little down lately. Don't sleep on EM

#54 Cagle89

Cagle89

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:47 PM

You only beat Rocky Mount by 11. You guys were good, but I'm not buying it. 

Even if they won by 1... still state CHAMPS!... 

#RaiderNation

3A State Champs

#55 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

I know East Montgomery is moving up to 2A but I still think they will be major players this year in the Rocky River. They return a ton on defense and return McKinney and most of their Oline on offense. And the other teams in that conference have been a little down lately. Don't sleep on EM

Yeah....for sure. Sleeping giants......LMAO...... Couldn't do squat in 1A last year with arguably the best player they've ever had and won't do squat this year. EM's fortunate that they will be combining with West Montgomery. At least then their fans will know what it means to be surrounded by winners. 

#56 FBfan70

FBfan70

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

EM does not have to be bad for your Warriors to be good. East won 12 games and made it to the 3rd round where they fell 3 points short of ending WM season. You all obviously had a great year. But to say East "couldn't do squat" is silly.

#57 WM1977

WM1977

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:36 PM

EM does not have to be bad for your Warriors to be good. East won 12 games and made it to the 3rd round where they fell 3 points short of ending WM season. You all obviously had a great year. But to say East "couldn't do squat" is silly.

Yeah....in the second game. Not going to hash this out with you and your cronies. You know damn well what happened to keep that game within 3 points. Bottom line, you had the two biggest games in that school's history on the line. What happened? No, they couldn't do squat. Didn't do squat, Haven't ever done squat. Won't ever do squat. The only saving grace for that place is that it is shutting down and the West side of the county is being forced to merge with them. Hopefully they will learn the winning ways of the school they are joining. 56 years of being losers can't be shaken off easily. Hopefully we can help y'all out. If not, there's always Walmart. 

#58 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

We play East so we'll just see what they have. It's been over a decade since they have beat us. So they have a quarter of that time to get it done, if not they'll have to learn to win with us.

#59 Otis4411

Otis4411

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

GDG I don't think we got out coached against Havelock. We had 3 great athletes that coukdn't overcome showing their butt at times. We tried to tell them it would cost them. It did. Havelock committed the first or maybe the first 2 personal fouls but after that our guys just lost focus and a few of them stunk it up for the rest. It was embarressing to watch. Maybe we were out coached. They were seniors so the good thing is they are gone. I think the staff has made moves this year to prevent that. We got a new qb that looked good in scrimmage against Beddingfield and East Carteret yesterday. We got off to a slow start but after a series we moved the ball at will. I like our chances. I'm not going to make predictions but I think we can make a good showing for ourselves. Looking forward to some good 2A games!!

JeffChapman-Dynamic