Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

2017 4A Preseason Power Rankings

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Hagelfish

Hagelfish

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

Is Sanderson really a top 10 team? More talented than Myers Park?

Sanderson has always been competitive. They've just never seemed to be able to put it all together down the stretch.

#52 Hagelfish

Hagelfish

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:27 AM

What do you think about Heritage High this year? Have some D1 guys on both sides of the ball.

Heritage will be VERY good on both sides of the ball. Holmberg and Person are showing light years of progress from last year and Drake Thomas and the D-line as a whole looks solid. They have a really good shot at beating us this year.

#53 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Heritage will be VERY good on both sides of the ball. Holmberg and Person are showing light years of progress from last year and Drake Thomas and the D-line as a whole looks solid. They have a really good shot at beating us this year.

I think they meet twice this season. 

#54 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

No justification for Sanderson over Myers Park now.

Talented back and probably underrated in a year with so many 4 and 5 star kids in this state. In a normal year he is probably getting a ton more attention. That said.....Some transfers=workable   Lots of transfers= potential issues. Especially late in the game at a high profile position. Just like with the QB position presumably there was a kid at RB who has been grinding for a year in the weight room and during the 100 degree heat looking forward to getting 20+ carries in what looks to be a very good offense. That has changed quickly. 

Every thing I have ever heard about Chadwick has been very positive. He probably has the skill set to deal with these type of issues but the hump is real. The most talented team doesnt always win the title. Delicate balance. The good news is that schedule has one, maybe two teams that should challenge them.

#55 Wiseman

Wiseman

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Smart move by Howard.

#56 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

Its ok to have Charlotte bias, we understand.

#57 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

At least Charlotte has titles to justify ranking the best team's high.

As on other forums we know those folx in Rockingham n lauringburg are biased anyways

#58 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

No Catholic, Dudley, and a few others makes 4A very weak. The split of 4A/ 4AA at playoff time makes them both very weak. I guess in 4A/4AA everyone with 2 wins will make a few more gate bucks.

Resume: As coach my teams advanced to the playoffs every year. Consistantly a playoff contender. .

#59 RaiderDebater

RaiderDebater

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:16 PM

You aren't wrong.

Not all of them!

#60 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,511 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:32 PM

The split of 4A/ 4AA at playoff time makes them both very weak. I guess in 4A/4AA everyone with 2 wins will make a few more gate bucks.

Resume: As coach my teams advanced to the playoffs every year. Consistantly a playoff contender. .

4A will have 48 teams in the playoffs.  Percentage wise 1A and 4A will not be much different on teams making the playoffs.  With 48 teams in I would expect all 4A teams to have at least four wins.

#61 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:55 AM

4A will have 48 teams in the playoffs.  Percentage wise 1A and 4A will not be much different on teams making the playoffs.  With 48 teams in I would expect all 4A teams to have at least four wins.

I had forgotten the number was reduced recently. Still too many rounds to reach a championship for classications. Sub 500 teams should not make the playoffs nor anyone outside two teams in a conference. Playing 15 and 16 games a year WAS longer than college seasons before the split conference title games.

The seasons for all high school sports has too much overlap. Kids needs need a break and I think it has led to multiple sport kids becoming one sport athletes. Ok for large schools but not so much for schools less than 1200 ADM. I'll add I am not a fan of any conference alignment where members are playing 4, 5, and 6 non conference opponents.

#62 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

At least Charlotte has titles to justify ranking the best team's high.

with the total amount iof schools the title possibility is much higher, is it a title that justify a ranking or overall results in a season. We are all bias to our local areas it's ok that you are also.... Whether Scotland wins or loses it will be downplayed by you

#63 scotswin

scotswin

Established Member

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

4A will have 48 teams in the playoffs. Percentage wise 1A and 4A will not be much different on teams making the playoffs. With 48 teams in I would expect all 4A teams to have at least four wins.

so will that be 4 first round byes on each side
4 games 4 byes

#64 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

Any loss this year outside of MC will be amplified because you literally have the easiest route to a title if Wake Forest stays 4AA.

whether if creek wins or scots win it really doesn't matter because both are top notch teams. My thing is the people that think it's gonna b a blowout on either side....its not gonna happen. Gonna b a close one til late until one team makes a bad mistake. It's gonna b a good one non the less

#65 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

I'll admit it is strange reading the words "Sanderson" and "Harding" on something like this.  New blood is good though.  Hopefully, I'll get to see that Harding RB in action before the end of 2018.  

#66 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

Harding has some pretty darn good talent outside of the RB, Think they have an OLman who could easily go D1. Only thing holding them back is lack of coaches.

And a defense

#67 crestcharger02

crestcharger02

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Harding has some pretty darn good talent outside of the RB, Think they have an OLman who could easily go D1. Only thing holding them back is lack of coaches.

Gwyn will have a nice list of schools to select from.

JeffChapman-Dynamic