Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

WHC 2017 Preview

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Just one month away, it should be a fun season. Losing Hendersonville hurts the overall strength of the conference, but it should still be competitive, maybe even more so than in recent years.

Avery Vikings (1a)

Last year, Avery was just getting a head of steam when the injury bug hit hard, effectively killing their season. Van McCollum is back under center, and has decent receivers to sling it to. With coach Brewer back on the sidelines headed up the defense, the Vikings defense should be considerably better this year. They have some decent size on the line and barring imjuries, the Vikings should compete and find themselves somewhere in the middle.

Madison Patriots (2a)

Coach Rhodarmer did a fantastic job last season as a first year coach. Losing Colby Edwards hurts, but with Ty Snelson back at fullback, and a HUGE line, the patriots should build on last year's success and might even sneak out a win against the top teams in the conference.

Mitchell Mountaineers (1a)

The Mountaineers had another monumental Season in 2016, and after losing just 2 starters, are loaded for bear again. They return every skill player, and are doing good at replacing the linemen lost from last year. Barring injuries, they will fight for the conference crown and be a big presence come November.

Mountain Heritage Cougars (2a)

The cougars just keep feeding themselves talent. The JV'S are riding a winning steak that has left them undefeated the last 2 seasons, and while they lost key players in Junior Denton, Cole Burleson, and Austin Shuler, they should reload and be a handful for everyone in their schedule. Coach Robinson is fearless and will have plenty of tricks up his sleeve to take the conference title.

Owen Warhorses (2a)

The Warhorses are in a slump. Losing a 30 year coach, then the 2 most talented players, then the quarterback is going to be hard to overcome. All we can ask for is the players put in the effort. The Warhorses might exceed expectations, and have a few upsets, but I don't see it happening.

Polk Wolverines (1a)

Possibly the biggest news in the WHC, is that Coach Ollis is back at the helm for the Wolverines. While they have a lacking in talent, they still have Dillon
Overholt at QB and safety, and coach Ollis will milk every last drop out of his players. The wolverines could finish anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

#2 Cougars66

Cougars66

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Two dog race..
Heritage and mitchell.
Dont look for a close 3rd..but if there was i would give a nod to madison

#3 redy4friday

redy4friday

• Members
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

That was Adam shuford, mountie. You called him Austin Shuler dang I am gonna get Rich to give you some grammar lessons or spelling and some gingko beloba for your memory loss. I think he puts stuff in that special sauce to cure these things.lol

#4 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

That was Adam shuford, mountie. You called him Austin Shuler dang I am gonna get Rich to give you some grammar lessons or spelling and some gingko beloba for your memory loss. I think he puts stuff in that special sauce to cure these things.lol

You haven't been on in months, and when you do, your first post is to criticize mine? Welcome back Redy :D

JeffChapman-Dynamic