Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Powerade 7 on 7 updates

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#76 scots roll

scots roll

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

WOW!!! First 72 from Shelby, then the guy from Spartanburg, can't forget the South Pointe boys. Now the 1a guys are chiming in. Where do yall get these guys from :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

#77 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

WOW!!! First 72 from Shelby, then the guy from Spartanburg, can't forget the South Pointe boys. Now the 1a guys are chiming in. Where do yall get these guys from :huh: :huh: :huh:

The difference is while being annoying those 3 posters all are fans of programs that are elite. In the case of Southpointe and Shelby they are on unprecedented rolls. So a little back and forth is warranted at times.

While i am sure MIC is a nice charter school and may someday win something they are not in the same galaxy as those programs.

#78 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

I'm not trolling man its facts. Trolling would be saying those cabinets. In your avatar pic needed to be upgraded. Thats what comes in a base house. Now thats trolling im just talking football. Fact remains Hood career at UNC was due to his. Popwarner style offense he ran in H.S

work is man enough to put up his picture

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#79 Creekprogram

Creekprogram

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

What happens if faced MICS in a scrimmage. Potential embarrassment you know we match up athlete for athlete well. We ran against you in track season at about 3 meets. What did y'all get out of those relays? That "Smoke" is what you got. Classification means nothing but gives you depth. So dont scrimmage us it hurt you program. Once we throw bombs on then suspect corners. Scrimmage Shelby then the 2-A powerhouse. Lol y'all dont want this Smoke or sauce.

Guys he is obviously a Kid or Young adult that is living vicariously through the program.  My last post directly or indirectly to him.  MIC will never step on a filed with Mallard Creek or any other 4A school.  Washington understands the difference in 7 on 7 and real large class football and has no plans to scrimmage one of these teams let alone schedule them.  Football is not an individual game so the athlete for athlete comment does not hold water individually or as a team..... comparing Mallard Creek to MIC is simply comical.  You are a Charter School with a lottery based on a set of criteria that does not enable you to consistently field talent the caliber of a 4A public school.....Good luck to MIC it has had a good run but just as another poster stated similar to DD and others it is just about at the end of its run but will continue to serve as a good academic option

#80 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

In the case of Southpointe and Shelby they are on unprecedented rolls. So a little back and forth is warranted at times.

Thanks.  Are you going to be attending the game on Sept. 22nd?  I think it really should be a good game.  Dax Hollifield and Jaylon Scott vs. Derion Kendrick. They got us in one 7 on 7 pool game by 10 but we battled back and they beat us in the tournament by only 1 pt.

I really just hope we don't get blown out.  I would love a victory but really just don't want to get embarrassed.

#81 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Thanks. Are you going to be attending the game on Sept. 22nd? I think it really should be a good game. Dax Hollifield and Jaylon Scott vs. Derion Kendrick. They got us in one 7 on 7 pool game by 10 but we battled back and they beat us in the tournament by only 1 pt.

I really just hope we don't get blown out. I would love a victory but really just don't want to get embarrassed.

Yes..it is in my schedule currently. Should be a very good contest. I doubt it will be a blow out but they are very athletic and have a ton coming back.

#82 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Whooooa. The greatest program in North Carolina history is just hoping for a moral victory? You should be ashamed. From Golden Lions to Persian kittens? Humble does not become you 98.

#83 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:58 AM

Thanks.  Are you going to be attending the game on Sept. 22nd?  I think it really should be a good game.  Dax Hollifield and Jaylon Scott vs. Derion Kendrick. They got us in one 7 on 7 pool game by 10 but we battled back and they beat us in the tournament by only 1 pt.

I really just hope we don't get blown out.  I would love a victory but really just don't want to get embarrassed.

South Pointe is looking like a top 25 team in the nation. Shelby will certainly have their hands full. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#84 Page Pirates 1989

Page Pirates 1989

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

How did Page look out there for the 7 on 7? They have to replace a lot on offense but atleast most of the offensive line is coming back.

#85 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

How did Page look out there for the 7 on 7? They have to replace a lot on offense but atleast most of the offensive line is coming back.

They finished 5-4. They played some very competitive games. Page problem the last 2 years in State Championship games. DL was just to small and Turnovers. 

#86 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:06 PM

They finished 5-4. They played some very competitive games. Page problem the last 2 years in State Championship games. DL was just to small and Turnovers. 

You forget they also just seemed unprepared in both. I mean 7 points in two games, seemed like they weren't ready...just my observation though. 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#87 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Page looked good until they played wake forest. Hell we looked good til we played wake forest. Jus too much size and our safeties have 2 get better when tracking down the deep ball. Conversely we have new guys on the outside who jus isn't there with catching it deep. Wake was jus too good esp on defense.

#88 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Page looked good until they played wake forest. Hell we looked good til we played wake forest. Jus too much size and our safeties have 2 get better when tracking down the deep ball. Conversely we have new guys on the outside who jus isn't there with catching it deep. Wake was jus too good esp on defense.

Regardless they didn't look prepared or ready for either of those games. 49-6 and 29-0 just shows it. Anyone who was at those games will agree that they just did not look ready. 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#89 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

How did Statesville do?

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#90 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

How did Statesville do?

Statesville finished 4-3 in prelim rd and lost two quick ones on Sat morning. I saw them play one game . Fairly uneventful

#91 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

Saw Page play twice. Saturday morning against a very hot Wake Forest team in a game that came down to the last seconds. Its 7 on 7 so its hard to tell but I thought the Jones replacement at QB played pretty well. Also thought the coaching staff was very engaged.

#92 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

Statesville finished 4-3 in prelim rd and lost two quick ones on Sat morning. I saw them play one game . Fairly uneventful

Someone told me they went 5-5

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#93 MHSblueDevilsARE#1

MHSblueDevilsARE#1

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

What scrimmage/jamboree will MC partake in. MICS is looking for a scrimmage. Lets make it happen the pressure is on yall.

LOOOOOOOOL! This guy though.... :D :D :D

#94 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

What scrimmage/jamboree will MC partake in. MICS is looking for a scrimmage. Lets make it happen the pressure is on yall.

really?? seriously.......really???

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#95 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Lol he's an idiot

#96 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:36 AM

Whooooa. The greatest program in North Carolina history is just hoping for a moral victory? You should be ashamed. From Golden Lions to Persian kittens? Humble does not become you 98.

Got to be honest here GDG.  A true David vs. Goliath.  A school with 80% more students...nearly twice as many...and nationally ranked (for now...lol).  Give us the 80% more so that we have 2 Dax Hollifields, 2 Jaylon Scotts, 2 Malik Surrats, 2 Dada Brooks, 2 of every player on our team and you won't hear me be humble.  

#97 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Got to be honest here GDG.  A true David vs. Goliath.  A school with 80% more students...nearly twice as many...and nationally ranked (for now...lol).  Give us the 80% more so that we have 2 Dax Hollifields, 2 Jaylon Scotts, 2 Malik Surrats, 2 Dada Brooks, 2 of every player on our team and you won't hear me be humble.  

You guys really need to stop with this portion of your ongoing commentary.  If you want to be the "little 2a engine that could" thats perfectly fine but then stop with the greatest dynasty in the history of the world conversation. Be content with whipping the Jacksonville's and the Freedom's of the world and we will leave it at that.

If you want to keep popping your head up on all these boards telling us how great Shelby is then just strap it up and play and stop with the preemptive  excuse making. Just because you have more students doesnt mean you get more Dax Hollifields. If it did Ardrey Kell would kill Charlotte Catholic every time they played.

Both Southpointe and Shelby are fantastic programs and it should be a whale of a game. If Shelby gets beat it will be because the other team was better and not because of your Dax x2  theory. 

#98 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

Let me give you guys a quick history lesson. Mallard Creek should be very thankful to Shelby High. I'll explain when the MC program began they won 1 game. They started a freshman QB name Marquise Williams. A kid who was born and raised in Shelby. Played all his youth ball/ middle school ball in Shelby. The Kid was going to be a Golden Lion. But his family moved to Charlotte enrolled at the Creek. So everyone knows that kid was the foundation of the program. Even thou they didnt win a title when he was there. The program drew alot attention with the 6'5 Golden Lion under center. Who later went to start at UNC. Now I'm not saying he was the only reason. They were winning but he was the key. You take that kid out of the equation. Put him at Shelby during that period, and the M.C era never begins.

#99 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Let me give you guys a quick history lesson. Mallard Creek should be very thankful to Shelby High. I'll explain when the MC program began they won 1 game. They started a freshman QB name Marquise Williams. A kid who was born and raised in Shelby. Played all his youth ball/ middle school ball in Shelby. The Kid was going to be a Golden Lion. But his family moved to Charlotte enrolled at the Creek. So everyone knows that kid was the foundation of the program. Even thou they didnt win a title when he was there. The program drew alot attention with the 6'5 Golden Lion under center. Who later went to start at UNC. Now I'm not saying he was the only reason. They were winning but he was the key. You take that kid out of the equation. Put him at Shelby during that period, and the M.C era never begins.

As usual....clueless

#100 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

As usual....clueless

Not really.  He is actually correct.  Quise did grow up in Shel-town, and had his early football foundations formed here. 

JeffChapman-Dynamic