Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

- - - - -

Powerade 7 on 7 updates

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#51 Paul Graham

Paul Graham

Correspondent

• Admin Team
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

What scrimmage/jamboree will MC partake in. MICS is looking for a scrimmage. Lets make it happen the pressure is on yall.

really?? seriously.......really???

P.R. Graham

SMC

The standard in 1A since 1969

26 state titles in 35 apperances

22 consecutive finals appearances

SMC 1A/2A 32 state titles

#52 WarriorLife04'

WarriorLife04'

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:26 PM

Lol he's an idiot

#53 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:36 AM

Whooooa. The greatest program in North Carolina history is just hoping for a moral victory? You should be ashamed. From Golden Lions to Persian kittens? Humble does not become you 98.

Got to be honest here GDG.  A true David vs. Goliath.  A school with 80% more students...nearly twice as many...and nationally ranked (for now...lol).  Give us the 80% more so that we have 2 Dax Hollifields, 2 Jaylon Scotts, 2 Malik Surrats, 2 Dada Brooks, 2 of every player on our team and you won't hear me be humble.  

#54 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Got to be honest here GDG.  A true David vs. Goliath.  A school with 80% more students...nearly twice as many...and nationally ranked (for now...lol).  Give us the 80% more so that we have 2 Dax Hollifields, 2 Jaylon Scotts, 2 Malik Surrats, 2 Dada Brooks, 2 of every player on our team and you won't hear me be humble.  

You guys really need to stop with this portion of your ongoing commentary.  If you want to be the "little 2a engine that could" thats perfectly fine but then stop with the greatest dynasty in the history of the world conversation. Be content with whipping the Jacksonville's and the Freedom's of the world and we will leave it at that.

If you want to keep popping your head up on all these boards telling us how great Shelby is then just strap it up and play and stop with the preemptive  excuse making. Just because you have more students doesnt mean you get more Dax Hollifields. If it did Ardrey Kell would kill Charlotte Catholic every time they played.

Both Southpointe and Shelby are fantastic programs and it should be a whale of a game. If Shelby gets beat it will be because the other team was better and not because of your Dax x2  theory. 

#55 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Let me give you guys a quick history lesson. Mallard Creek should be very thankful to Shelby High. I'll explain when the MC program began they won 1 game. They started a freshman QB name Marquise Williams. A kid who was born and raised in Shelby. Played all his youth ball/ middle school ball in Shelby. The Kid was going to be a Golden Lion. But his family moved to Charlotte enrolled at the Creek. So everyone knows that kid was the foundation of the program. Even thou they didnt win a title when he was there. The program drew alot attention with the 6'5 Golden Lion under center. Who later went to start at UNC. Now I'm not saying he was the only reason. They were winning but he was the key. You take that kid out of the equation. Put him at Shelby during that period, and the M.C era never begins.

As usual....clueless

#56 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

As usual....clueless

Not really.  He is actually correct.  Quise did grow up in Shel-town, and had his early football foundations formed here. 

#57 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

So Williams is the reason y creek been so successful all these yrs? Gotcha smh

#58 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:22 AM

You guys really need to stop with this portion of your ongoing commentary.  If you want to be the "little 2a engine that could" thats perfectly fine but then stop with the greatest dynasty in the history of the world conversation. Be content with whipping the Jacksonville's and the Freedom's of the world and we will leave it at that.

If you want to keep popping your head up on all these boards telling us how great Shelby is then just strap it up and play and stop with the preemptive  excuse making. Just because you have more students doesnt mean you get more Dax Hollifields. If it did Ardrey Kell would kill Charlotte Catholic every time they played.

Both Southpointe and Shelby are fantastic programs and it should be a whale of a game. If Shelby gets beat it will be because the other team was better and not because of your Dax x2  theory. 

Katy Perry comes to mind....hot and cold......yes and no....one minute you like us the next you don't.  

1.  yes, the most successful, sustained, winning program in NC....can't deny the statistical facts

2.  yes, we only have 850 students.  Double that and you have 425 more male students.  Of course you are gonna have some studs come out of those 425. So yes it is a valid theory.  Coaching of course has a large part in it and actually getting the studs to come out and play football.

3.  Yes because the better team will win.  But you can't deny how student population factors into possible football talent.  That's just common sense.

#59 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Not really. He is actually correct. Quise did grow up in Shel-town, and had his early football foundations formed here.

Trust me..i am aware of where Marquise grew up. He was a fantstic athlete. He also graduate 3 years before MC won a title. Never even made a regional final with him at QB.

Sucessful programs are the sum of hundreds of parts. Williams was one of them but far from the reason for the sucess.

So yeah....clueless

#60 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

Katy Perry comes to mind....hot and cold......yes and no....one minute you like us the next you don't.

1. yes, the most successful, sustained, winning program in NC....can't deny the statistical facts
2. yes, we only have 850 students. Double that and you have 425 more male students. Of course you are gonna have some studs come out of those 425. So yes it is a valid theory. Coaching of course has a large part in it and actually getting the studs to come out and play football.
3. Yes because the better team will win. But you can't deny how student population factors into possible football talent. That's just common sense.

Zero to do with like or dislike. I am not a fan or a hater. Its simple. Want to tell us you can beat the big time programs. Great!! Here is a golden opportunity.

Cant have it both ways. If you want to play the 850 student card then go back to the 2a board and bang your chest over beating Freedom. If you get beat i dont want to hear about less students. If you cant compete then dont show up.

#61 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

No your clueless Mallard Creek won a title, a year after Williams graduated. Not 3 years after, he graduated in '2013. You do the math I'll wait.

If he graduated in 2013 than his graduating class would have been 2017 @ Chapel Hill. ....LMAO!  He's also 6'2 not 6'5"  See below! 

WilliamsMarquirse1-280x300.pngHEIGHT

6'2
  QB I 6'2 220 24 North Carolina

His last game at Mallard Creek, was a lost to Vance on 11/26/2010 we lost 10-7 

MC opened in 2007. He started all 4 years 2007,2008,2009,2010 extra 3 years 2013 would have made him a 21 year old High School Senior....LMAO! 

Now go sit your Monkey ass down somewhere!  Your Nutts! 

bonobo-balls.jpg

#62 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:02 PM

No your clueless Mallard Creek won a title, a year after Williams graduated. Not 3 years after, he graduated in '2013. You do the math I'll wait. They would have won 2012 if Williams didnt sprain ankle. Going into playoffs check your facts .Lol this guy knows it all

Again...clueless. The ankle sprain was 2010. Andrew Goodman was the QB in 2011. Emeire Scaife in 2012 and until the 4th or 5th game of 2013. Then LJ Smith took over and won 3 titles

Back to the 1a board cabinet boy.

#63 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Williams attended 8th grade in Charlotte. The neighborhood his family lived in was a North Meck feeder until redistricting for the opening of Mallard Creek. He expected to go to North.

Williams was an exceptional player and was a foundation but they did not win until a few years after he was gone and they did it the first time with a sophomore qb. Great line play and loads of athletes including Jaylen Samuels.

#64 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

No your clueless Mallard Creek won a title, a year after Williams graduated. Not 3 years after, he graduated in '2013. You do the math I'll wait. They would have won 2012 if Williams didnt sprain ankle. Going into playoffs check your facts .Lol this guy knows it all

Stating opinions is one thing but when you cannot get facts correct and try to stir things up with incorrect / false information it is time to change.

#65 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Funny how little some of these clowns actually know. The more they post the more they are exposed as simple trolls.

#66 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

Funny how little some of these clowns actually know. The more they post the more they are exposed as simple trolls.

Bar none! He is the most uninformed guy in the History of Carolina Preps!   

#67 '98 State Champion

'98 State Champion

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Williams attended 8th grade in Charlotte. The neighborhood his family lived in was a North Meck feeder until redistricting for the opening of Mallard Creek. He expected to go to North.

Williams was an exceptional player and was a foundation but they did not win until a few years after he was gone and they did it the first time with a sophomore qb. Great line play and loads of athletes including Jaylen Samuels.

Yo B....are you going to "the game"? Dad, Pat and I would love to meet you....you know...put a name with a face.

#68 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Bar none! He is the most uninformed guy in the History of Carolina Preps!

That my friend is a huge statement.

#69 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

Yo B....are you going to "the game"? Dad, Pat and I would love to meet you....you know...put a name with a face.

If I am in the area I will be there!!!

#70 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

I've enjoyed "lurking" and reading all of this. I have been content to sit on the sidelines but Work7......you drew me out. That has to be the funniest post I've ever seen.

#71 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

I admit I got the dates wrong. But it doesnt change the FACT. That Williams was the foundation and he grew up. In Shelby and would've wore a Gold helmet

Just stop. You have embarrased yourself enough. 70 % of the city of Charlotte has moved here from somewhere else. So what.

#72 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:06 PM

Embarrassed?? Not at all we're on a forum. I express my thoughts,views you agree or disagree. But I'm good I love the banter. I can do this all day.

Your thoughts and views?? Your making $#!+ up. You said the MC JV was 80% juniors. It was a lie. You said MC won a title the year after Williams graduated. Another lie. You said he sprained his ankle going into the playoffs. Another lie. You said he was 6'5. Another lie. Do you think we dont watch games?

I dont have a clue about 1a football. So ya know what? I dont jump on a thread on the 1a board and just start making $#!+ up. I assume there are people who do know what they are talking about on that board and would think i am a idiot.

Its funny but you MIC guys are tbe first guys to take offense when someone talks about recruiting and breaking rules when it comes to MIC but you have zero issue just making $#!+ up about other programs.

Your a troll.

#73 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,369 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

I know more about Charlotte 4-A football. Than you ever will..

Up to this point your posts have shown a continued lack of knowledge about Chsrkotte 4A football.

#74 hokiemtc

hokiemtc

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

I know more about Charlotte 4-A football. Than you ever will.

If you have great (or even a bare minimum) knowledge of Charlotte football, then it would be nice if you'd start showing it.

Everything you've posted so far has been complete garbage.

#75 704cougarsdad

704cougarsdad

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

I swear I think this is 97 State champ in witness protection lol

JeffChapman-Dynamic