Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Powerade 7 on 7 updates

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

48 total teams from all over Nc, Sc, Va, Oh, Ga. West Meck went 7-0 day 1 of pool play. But fell early to Vance saturday morning tournament play. Vance looking strong but just lost to Wake forest.

#2 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

Are the "Kings of 1A" MICS there? Or did they not get an invite? I was made aware this was invite only to the elite teams in each state. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#3 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

Are the "Kings of 1A" MICS there? Or did they not get an invite? I was made aware this was invite only to the elite teams in each state. 

Looked for the " New Creek" yesterday and today. Nowhere to be found. I assume they are getting ready to do battle with the Franklin school of Pottery or some of the other squads on that schedule.

#4 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

Actually they had there own 7 on 7 today. Several 4-A teams were there. The new Kings of 1-A won the tournament. Not to shabby for a program in there 3rd year

#5 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Looked for the " New Creek" yesterday and today. Nowhere to be found. I assume they are getting ready to do battle with the Franklin school of Pottery or some of the other squads on that schedule.

But Wrigley since were on the subject. I heard "The Creek" got eliminated so fast this morning. Hardees was still serving breakfast. " Can I get some jelly for that biscuit"

#6 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

But Wrigley since were on the subject. I heard "The Creek" got eliminated so fast this morning. Hardees was still serving breakfast. " Can I get some jelly for that biscuit"

You heard?
The Creek didn't participate this morning. Sorry! Wrong Creek

#7 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

Actually they had there own 7 on 7 today. Several 4-A teams were there. The new Kings of 1-A won the tournament. Not to shabby for a program in there 3rd year

Y'all beat Garinger , WC n Indy ....

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#8 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:58 PM

Yea we a 1-A squad thou.

#9 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Creek didnt participate on Saturday. 7 on 7 season finished  on Friday for Mallard Creek so once again.....clueless. 

If you want to come up on the 4a board and post about how your the " new Creek" and having the best receivers in the state and the new Nick Saban running your program then you cant default to " were 1a and only 3 years old". Cant have it both ways. Stick to the 1a board and posting about how you will dominate the Abigail Adams school of dressmaking or whoever it is that you guys play.

#10 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

Beating Christ the King and the NC school for the deaf doesnt count

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#11 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

Laughing here before church. Funny stuff Blakk and Wrigley. "Jelly for my biscuit" and "School of Pottery". You guys are raising the bar.

#12 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Creek didnt participate on Saturday. 7 on 7 season finished on Friday for Mallard Creek so once again.....clueless.

If you want to come up on the 4a board and post about how your the " new Creek" and having the best receivers in the state and the new Nick Saban running your program then you cant default to " were 1a and only 3 years old". Cant have it both ways. Stick to the 1a board and posting about how you will dominate the Abigail Adams school of dressmaking or whoever it is that you guys play.

Ok you did just pool play on Friday. How'd that turnout for you. I'm say not to well, you guys looked average. So you waved the white towel Saturday morning. Like I said Hardee's was still serving breakfast. While the ballers who represented Charlotte showed back up. So run on up there this morning and get some more biscuits. With prolaners all-fruit but dont you dare call it jelly. Lol. Catholic14 were yall there? If so what offense did y'all run the wing-t at a 7on7. Other than winning high school games that offense has, hurt your players. At the next level. Eiljah Hood your best product by far. A great player, but years of that system killed his next level performance. Look were he fell in the draft, the old wing-t came back to haunt him. I Love the Catholic system running the ball, if I were coaching pop-warner. Would be a difficult task. You'll have bragging rights of your success, from when you was 12. ?? Catholic14 outside of Hood's success. Who has been successful at the next level offensively for yall?. Im just curious your posting all these throwback videos. Where are those wing-t stars now? Ill wait...

#13 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

Beating Christ the King and the NC school for the deaf doesnt count

Hood drops to 7th rd. His backup TJ logan goes 5th rd. Logan who ran for over 500yds against Catholic. In state championship (a state record) I might ad. Isn't a slouch by far. But the system he ran in H.S. Helped with draft stock at the next level. If Hood lasts 3 yrs I'll be shocked. He's a Marion Barber style back, all them shots he took in H.S hes feeling now. Wear and tear at a young age. Wish him best thou I hope he makes me eat those words.

#14 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

BR. You post like a little boy. With a emphasis on Boy!

#15 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Ok you did just pool play on Friday. How'd that turnout for you. I'm say not to well, you guys looked average. So you waved the white towel Saturday morning. Like I said Hardee's was still serving breakfast. While the ballers who represented Charlotte showed back up. So run on up there this morning and get some more biscuits. With prolaners all-fruit but dont you dare call it jelly. Lol. Catholic14 were yall there? If so what offense did y'all run the wing-t at a 7on7. Other than winning high school games that offense has, hurt your players. At the next level. Eiljah Hood your best product by far. A great player, but years of that system killed his next level performance. Look were he fell in the draft, the old wing-t came back to haunt him. I Love the Catholic system running the ball, if I were coaching pop-warner. Would be a difficult task. You'll have bragging rights of your success, from when you was 12. ?? Catholic14 outside of Hood's success. Who has been successful at the next level offensively for yall?. Im just curious your posting all these throwback videos. Where are those wing-t stars now? Ill wait...

LOL you lack common football knowledge and it is laughable. Hood went to a team that was a spread team. A back like Logan is perfect for Fedora's offense, can put him in the slot and use him as a receiver. Hood was not a back for that offense. He fit Georgia Tech, Stanford, Iowa much better than he did UNC. It was a bad choice I believe but he made what was best for him. Our offense has won us 380+ games since Oddo took over in 1973 so I think it works. 

Seeing though we had Nick Starcevic go to UNC and have his career cut short by an injury, we had Ben Herlocker who went to ECU and did fairly well there for 4 years. Also had Steven Bevilacqua who was started on special teams for App St as a freshman before being thrown off for a violation of teams rules. 

Either way I'll take the decades of success we've had over the flash in the pan you will be. You'll be like SLC and Davidson Day youll be good for a few years then fizzle out and cease to exist. We run an offense that is successful for us, we don't worry about college cause we are trying to win games here. And trust me you can only dream of being as a third as successful as Catholic has been and is. 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#16 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

[quote name="Blakk Richmond" post="290016" timestamp="1500211612"]Ok you did just pool play on Friday. How'd that turnout for you. I'm say not to well, you guys looked average. So you waved the white towel Saturday morning. Like I said Hardee's was still serving breakfast. While the ballers who represented Charlotte showed back up. So run on up there this morning and get some more biscuits. With prolaners all-fruit but dont you dare call it jelly. Lol. Catholic14 were yall there? If so what offense did y'all run the wing-t at a 7on7. Other than winning high school games that offense has, hurt your players. At the next level. Eiljah Hood your best product by far. A great player, but years of that system killed his next level performance. Look were he fell in the draft, the old wing-t came back to haunt him. I Love the Catholic system running the ball, if I were coaching pop-warner. Would be a difficult task. You'll have bragging rights of your success, from when you was 12. ?? Catholic14 outside of Hood's success. Who has been successful at the next level offensively for yall?. Im just curious your posting all these throwback videos. Where are those wing-t stars now? Ill wait...[/quote

The example of a Little Man's Post.

He thinks he is with the big boys yet MICS didn't even score against Bessemer City last year...16-0 L! LOL 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#17 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

LOL you lack common football knowledge and it is laughable. Hood went to a team that was a spread team. A back like Logan is perfect for Fedora's offense, can put him in the slot and use him as a receiver. Hood was not a back for that offense. He fit Georgia Tech, Stanford, Iowa much better than he did UNC. It was a bad choice I believe but he made what was best for him. Our offense has won us 380+ games since Oddo took over in 1973 so I think it works.
Seeing though we had Nick Starcevic go to UNC and have his career cut short by an injury, we had Ben Herlocker who went to ECU and did fairly well there for 4 years. Also had Steven Bevilacqua who was started on special teams for App St as a freshman before being thrown off for a violation of teams rules.
Either way I'll take the decades of success we've had over the flash in the pan you will be. You'll be like SLC and Davidson Day youll be good for a few years then fizzle out and cease to exist. We run an offense that is successful for us, we don't worry about college cause we are trying to win games here. And trust me you can only dream of being as a third as successful as Catholic has been and is.

Exactly Catholic14 you summed it all up. All your program cares about is winning games for gipper. You guys care about your H.S trophy case. You could careless about kids after they leave. Like I said after all that great friday night success nobody has accomplished nothing. Catholic is a one-sided deal all about the school not the kids. If i had kid considering Catholic. Playing at the next level I would run for the hills

#18 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

Exactly Catholic14 you summed it all up. All your program cares about is winning games for gipper. You guys care about your H.S trophy case. You could careless about kids after they leave. Like I said after all that great friday night success nobody has accomplished nothing. Catholic is a one-sided deal all about the school not the kids. If i had kid considering Catholic. Playing at the next level I would run for the hills

Lol that's why we've sent OLmen to NCST, Notre Dame, Richmond who all had success(Mark Harrell must be Wrigley's favorite Cougar of all time:P 

A Cougar alumni is a captain at Richmond this year at CB as a 5th year senior. Also have players at Wake, Duke, JMU, the starting MLB for Charlotte is a Cougar, have a player at The U, Elon. I can go on. However, when you stop playing a middle school schedule I'll respect you, until then I simply cannot because it'll take you 4+ decades to touch what we have right now. 

Catholic is just a bunch of kids who are well coached and play their asses off every night with 90-95% of them never playing past HS yet they still destroy most teams...but yeah I guess we're failures lol 

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

#19 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

BR. You post like a little boy. With a emphasis on Boy!

Work7 im assuming you must be the biscuit runner. You sound a little disgruntled. About your Powerade pool play performance. How bad was your pool play? That you dont get back on the bus Saturday. Y'all waved the white flag, did that stud JV QB. You brag about struggle reading defenses? I'm just asking.

#20 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

LOL... Some 7 on 7 is nice. Too much is counterproductive. Several state title squads chose to call it a day on Friday. Every squad has their own path.

Creek has to prepare to open the football season in this state in a packed house environment against the #1 team in the state and the best RB in the country. Thats what elite progams do. Teams like MIC get all excited about winning 7 on 7 tourneys against teams that can barely field 7 guys while they get ready to take on Boy Scout Technical Institute in front of 15 rabid fans.    

#21 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

Work7 im assuming you must be the biscuit runner. You sound a little disgruntled. About your Powerade pool play performance. How bad was your pool play? That you dont get back on the bus Saturday. Y'all waved the white flag, did that stud JV QB. You brag about struggle reading defenses? I'm just asking.

You're Trolling!

#22 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Lol that's why we've sent OLmen to NCST, Notre Dame, Richmond who all had success(Mark Harrell must be Wrigley's favorite Cougar of all time:P
A Cougar alumni is a captain at Richmond this year at CB as a 5th year senior. Also have players at Wake, Duke, JMU, the starting MLB for Charlotte is a Cougar, have a player at The U, Elon. I can go on. However, when you stop playing a middle school schedule I'll respect you, until then I simply cannot because it'll take you 4+ decades to touch what we have right now.
Catholic is just a bunch of kids who are well coached and play their asses off every night with 90-95% of them never playing past HS yet they still destroy most teams...but yeah I guess we're failures lol

Not failures at all for Friday night lights. But Saturday afternoons success rate looks bare. But keep up the good work and pat on the back.

#23 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

You're Trolling!

Not trolling at all Im asking a question. On how'd y'all perform friday in pool play. But no response from the creek speaks for itself . But initial post on the powerade 7 on 7. Had nothing to do with creek. Y'all started up with me.

#24 work7

work7

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

It's already been established. You're a troll!

#25 Blakk Richmond

Blakk Richmond

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Well I couldn't find the official results. But it looks like yall went 2-6 in pool play. I see why y'all didny return Saturday. Lol

JeffChapman-Dynamic