Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Phase II McDowell High School Athletics Improvement Plan nearing completion

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TitanNation79

TitanNation79

JV Team

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

It is an exciting time at McDowell High School. As you know Phase II of the Athletic Facilities Improvement Plan got underway back in early April, that included flattening the surface of the football stadium and track at Titan Stadium and replacing it with field turf and a new track...

Here is where we are as of July 11th, the turf is almost completely installed and pouring of the track should begin on Monday. Things are still on track for completion prior to July 31st...

For those who have been to our stadium over years, it was always considered a nice facility due to its size and backdrop to the Blue Ridge. With the renovations over the past two years, this stadium is being elevated to a new level.

I know Chris will be wanting to come up and see the finished product so it can be added to the Stadium Project section on this site...

Attached File  Stadium.JPG   120.84KB   0 downloads

#2 BlueDevilsBiggestFan

BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

Nice

#WeAreMooresville

~~BlueDevilsBiggestFan~~

#3 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

I know a lot of fans are excited to see it and be there when game time comes. I'm not sure the crowds you have up there but I would imagine this will help bring even a bigger crowds.

#4 Schmo

Schmo

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Looks very nice, do something about the fog...lol...I really like going to Marion, people there are always nice.    I will never forget a game there maybe ten years ago.  The fog rolled in at half and you couldn't see the near sideline, forget the other side.  Fans never saw that 2nd half.

JeffChapman-Dynamic