Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Ragsdale HC takes job in SC

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Wrigley

Wrigley

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,623 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

That awkward moment when I actually do coach at a school...sooooooo I do get it. I never said anything about Coach Norwood not being a good guy or anything I just do not like the timing. Period. Doesn't mean he shouldn't do what is best for him and his family if you've read anything I've posted you can see I am happy he did what is best for him, he deserves it. 

Don't be so fast to think I'm wet behind the ears though like some moderators on here want you think and they know who they are.  

I do respect all your opinions and I agree I think a veteran asst gets the job and they move onward towards what I hope is a successful season for them. 

Wrigley, I think I understand why Norwood took the job. We all do, more money, football and teachers are appreciated more etc etc all great reasons to leave. I just do not like the timing. I understand that it may have just opened and he only had a limited amount of time to make the decision which seems to be the case from the article I read. I just wish it wasn't so late in the game, but beggers cannot be choosers right? 

I think you are wet behind the ears. I also consider that a good thing!!  As far as the commentary I think the part when you posted that doing what was good for him was nonsense was where it got misunderstood. I think the timing sucks as well but thats the way it goes sometimes. 

#27 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

I think you are wet behind the ears. I also consider that a good thing!!  As far as the commentary I think the part when you posted that doing what was good for him was nonsense was where it got misunderstood. I think the timing sucks as well but thats the way it goes sometimes. 

If you think I'm wet behind the ears then fine. but that was more directed at certain moderators who make it a point to tell people that I'm more wet behind the ears than I am and those people know who they are. 

I agree I was not saying it is nonsense for him to do what is best for him that was poor wording on my part. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#28 RD28327

RD28327

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1,459 posts
  • Email:reubendavis@embarqmail.com

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

http://www.greensbor...le-high-school/

#29 GoNtheDistance

GoNtheDistance

Established Member

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

Man gave 30+ years to guilford county, something like 15+ to Ragsdale alone. Had a great opportunity to retire from NC and continue coaching in SC with a smaller work load working for an old friend who left Wallace rose hill to be the head coach at St James. High character, class act and gave everything he had To the kids. Worth noting that Jonny Boykin was the coach in waiting anyways so that played into the decision. There's never a good time to leave but you always do what's best for your family. It's just high school football and that's coming from somebody who loves it. Those within the community fully support Tommy and wish him well,and that's what matters, not this nonsense on this thread.

"You can't control the wind, but you can always adjust your sails."

#30 PureBull

PureBull

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:10 AM

In all of our professions almost all of us have come from somewhere else. Any change is difficult for everyone even the person moving on. I'm sure this was one of the most difficult decisions Norwood has ever made. I think we all agree every one of us have the right to make decisions in the best interest of our families. I think we can also sympathize with the players as well. In the end, Ragsdale will play on and I hope they have a great season. It sounds as if Boykin will step right in and provide the leadership all young men desire. No link to this situation for me but I wish Coach Norwood the best and go Ragsdale!!

JeffChapman-Dynamic