Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

Looking Back: 2007 3AA 3rd round Catholic @ Hickory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

An interesting game from 2007. Not sure cheerduck would like the highlight, but Catholic was the 5 seed and Hickory the undefeated 1 seed. 

Catholic curb-stomped the Red Tornadoes at one point I believe being up 42-7 or 48-7. Enjoy! I'll provide more of these as the weeks go. 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#2 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

I was at this game. I remember a woman telling me how Hickory should win easily and look for her son, he was really good. He was really good at looking up at the stars because he was always on his back on the ground. Catholic came and put on a show against a pretty good team.

I remember telling my son to watch the kick off coverage for Catholic and how everyone stays in their lane and trust their teammates. The discipline on the field is what makes teams like this special. Now as an alumni of Hickory I say put your old game videos away and dig out your video of your audition for Nickelodean. Got any video of your Charlotte 49ers playing powder puff football? Hehehe

#3 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

I can't say which is the best team Hickory has had. Maybe someone can give insight on that but my mind goes back to 1996 when they went 16-0. I remember them having some big quality players on that team. Plowing over their opponents that year. But after seeing this video of CC 2007, I'm not sure even HHS of that year could beat this team. But it would be interested to see how it would turn out if you could put those two teams together. CC is tuff from year to year. Have to give them credit.

#4 CatholicCougs14

CatholicCougs14

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 6,473 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:57 PM

I was at this game. I remember a woman telling me how Hickory should win easily and look for her son, he was really good. He was really good at looking up at the stars because he was always on his back on the ground. Catholic came and put on a show against a pretty good team.

I remember telling my son to watch the kick off coverage for Catholic and how everyone stays in their lane and trust their teammates. The discipline on the field is what makes teams like this special. Now as an alumni of Hickory I say put your old game videos away and dig out your video of your audition for Nickelodean. Got any video of your Charlotte 49ers playing powder puff football? Hehehe

Hey the Niners are just fine. They'll continue to be fine as long as stay away from the dumpster that Hickory has become since that game. Funny they've never recovered from the RED PAIN ;) 

Charlotte Catholic Cougars

State Champions: 1977, 2004, 2005, 2015

22 Conference Championships

68 Playoff Wins

40+ Years of Excellence

Basketball:

State Champions: 2015

#5 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

Hey the Niners are just fine. They'll continue to be fine as long as stay away from the dumpster that Hickory has become since that game. Funny they've never recovered from the RED PAIN ;)

Yes it was a long night for the Red Tornado team. Red Pain leaves bad scars. I've only seen about five Cougar teams. I think that one was a complete team at all positions.

#6 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

That was the season that hickory was a good team. 10 years later they are coming off back to back 1-10 seasons. Hope our fellow county team turns it around like the good old days.

JeffChapman-Dynamic