Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Who wins the South Fork Athletic Conference??

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#51 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

Sounds good bud

#52 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

Read that Hickory beat West Lincoln 21 to 14 and Alex Central beat Maiden 14 to 0. Maiden was able to to move the ball but was unable to score.

#53 NC2B

NC2B

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Glad to hear Newton Tied Kings Mountain. Wish I would have been able to see it. Thought it would have been more high scoring though.

#54 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Coaches Poll
1. Newton-Conover
T2. Lincolnton
T2. Maiden
T2. East Lincoln
5. Bandys
T6. North Lincoln
T6. West Lincoln
8. Lake Norman Charter

#55 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Just read Calab Farley tore his acl and will red shirt this season prayers on a speedy recovery.

#56 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

My predictions after tonight have changed alot it's a 4 way race between Newton Conover Maiden West Lincoln and East Lincoln.

#57 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

This is my updated prediction
1. Newton Conove
2. Maiden
3. East Lincoln
4. West Lincoln
5. Lincolnton
6. North Lincoln
7. Bandys
8. Lake Norman Charter
Still think top 4 could go either way

#58 NC2B

NC2B

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:16 AM

Newton looked really good tonight. I just do not think that Bunker had anything at all. It was like watching a jv team vs a varsity team. I like what newton has and I definitely think they will be 3 and 0 before Hibriten. Hibriten beat Robinson easily last night so that should be the first test for Newton. I still like East Lincoln and Maiden tied at 2. Easts defense only gave up 7 points last night.

#59 Wolf4Lyfe

Wolf4Lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

Allen, 5th may be a little generous for us.This could be the year we lose to all three county schools, its that bad. 

#60 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

Newton-Conover better worry about Hickory. They were another horrible punt snap away from a victory over a good Statesville team and took an overtime loss. They have a excellent coach. Best coach since David Elder. Led thru the the start of the fourth and let it slip. Bunker Hill is close to being a Highland Tech. Good win and was told the defensive effort was better than prior years. Not being negative but remember who they played. Stay humble.

Lincolnton has low turnout. After the influx and singling out stars I think it has affected the program's respect by their own. As some other Lincoln County posters have said, "be careful what you wish for". The non stars who filled good roles are staying away. Taught the program a very wrong message for the sake of a few and still no title run. Best of luck to Lincolnton. Wish no harm but ethically staff should learn some respect for those who don't bounce around and are loyal to the program. Good thing American's memories are short.

West Lincoln is better than expected. Bandys played a bad team and squeaked by.

#61 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:01 AM

I was stunned by the Bandys score and to have to get lucky on a hail Mary just to put the game into ot. This could be another long year for the Trojans. I expect Bandys to have a tough time with Foard on defense. Foards offense rushing attack is way better than last year. If they wouldn't have fumbled so much Foard would've made things interesting vs maiden.

#62 Wolf4Lyfe

Wolf4Lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

GDG, you are spot on in regards to ignoring the guys who are role players, we have lost a few coaches over that very issue. We looked like a middle school team last night in regards to execution and knowing what to do, also conditioning was VERY bad. I wish we would go back to the triple option because thats what our personnel best fits but I'm not gonna hold my breath for that kinda change. Next week is going to be ugly 

#63 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

Allen, 5th may be a little generous for us.This could be the year we lose to all three county schools, its that bad.

I don't know what North Lincoln got up the table til they play Foard from what I've heard from scrimmages they are still down. It's still hard to tell if Cramer is just that good. East Lincoln will be ok I believe. They didnt give up a offensive touchdown up to forestview and forestview scored on a pick 6 I seen on football Friday night.

#64 Wolf4Lyfe

Wolf4Lyfe

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

Im not kidding when I say this may be the worst Lincolnton team ever. I know its early and I could be overreacting but it really looked that bad. When we drop back to pass we look like a peewee team trying to complete a pass and really the only positive yardage we got last night was with a QB sneak. All I know is this needs to be fixed and we've got to adjust our offense to the personnel we have, now the question is whether or not the boss will do that. 

#65 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

Keep yals heads high wolf4lyfe yal ain't like us and scheduled cupcake city til confrence play I'd give it til yal least east and North Gaston to rate how down yal are.

#66 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

Stuart Cramer is a decent team. They have made a lot of progress. I agree Lincolnton this year would not be a passing team. Can't even believe they would attempt to mimick last year.

#67 DCNM

DCNM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Newton-Conover better worry about Hickory. They were another horrible punt snap away from a victory over a good Statesville team and took an overtime loss. They have a excellent coach. Best coach since David Elder. Led thru the the start of the fourth and let it slip. Bunker Hill is close to being a Highland Tech. Good win and was told the defensive effort was better than prior years. Not being negative but remember who they played. Stay humble.

Lincolnton has low turnout. After the influx and singling out stars I think it has affected the program's respect by their own. As some other Lincoln County posters have said, "be careful what you wish for". The non stars who filled good roles are staying away. Taught the program a very wrong message for the sake of a few and still no title run. Best of luck to Lincolnton. Wish no harm but ethically staff should learn some respect for those who don't bounce around and are loyal to the program. Good thing American's memories are short.

West Lincoln is better than expected. Bandys played a bad team and squeaked by.

#68 DCNM

DCNM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Definitely being negative. I see you'll find a way to descredit what the Red Devils accomplish!...That's fine but you really have NO clue!...Hickory better worry about Newton is what you should have said!... Newton could have easily put up 100 points on Bunker Hill but that's not important!...I hope you come to the Hickory game and not go on things that you hear!....They blow a big lead but Newton should be worried?..You're a funny guy..You have time to be at every game and have all the facts!...I'll wait to see what you post after Newton DESTROYS Hickory by 30 or more...it will be a worse beating than last year!...Make sure you stay tuned my guy!

#69 HHS2003

HHS2003

Established Member

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Lol

#70 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

Newton-Conover just played a bunker hill team whose varsity and JV went 1-20 last season. I agree with GDG Newton-Conover should be extremely worried bout Hickory. Bunker hIll will get blown out by st Stephens and maiden as well. Stone has that red tornado team believing. They are a dangerous team. I talked a few people from maiden and they said hickory looked impressive against us. If Maiden gets their defense on track maiden one good team and possibly even more balanced than last season. That explains how good hickory is

#71 DCNM

DCNM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Newton-Conover just played a bunker hill team whose varsity and JV went 1-20 last season. I agree with GDG Newton-Conover should be extremely worried bout Hickory. Bunker hIll will get blown out by st Stephens and maiden as well. Stone has that red tornado team believing. They are a dangerous team. I talked a few people from maiden and they said hickory looked impressive against us. If Maiden gets their defense on track maiden one good team and possibly even more balanced than last season. That explains how good hickory is

#72 DCNM

DCNM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

Since you're talking about last season...,Newton beat Hickory 57-13 last season!....So tell me why Newton should worry?...Newton is much better than last year all across the board!..Better passing game better rushing game and better defense!..I guess Newton should worry because Hickory lost a game they should've won!...Newton will be at least 21 pts better than Maiden when they meet as well!....You guys will soon wake up.

#73 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Since you're talking about last season...,Newton beat Hickory 57-13 last season!....So tell me why Newton should worry?...Newton is much better than last year all across the board!..Better passing game better rushing game and better defense!..I guess Newton should worry because Hickory lost a game they should've won!...Newton will be at least 21 pts better than Maiden when they meet as well!....You guys will soon wake up.

It's like this every season Newton starts out hot then falls apart by confrence time. I'm not discreding Newton Conover of being a good team this season. But what GDG is debating is how good Stone has made Hickory. I believe Newton is favored to win this confrence. But that's why they play the game. Newton being favored by 21 I don't see it. Maiden has improved it's play calling and can eat clock unlike last season where 1 player was the focus. For Maiden to beat Newton they are gonna have to improve in thier defense alot We will get to that game when it closer to the end of October. But I will say this any team can beat any team on any given night. Stone reminds me alot like West Caldwells coach last season and I can tell he has them boys believing.

#74 DCNM

DCNM

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

Too many changes in key positions to compare this Newton team with last year!... Maiden barely won last year...33-28 maybe!...It was a struggle for them. You definitely have to play the game I agree!...I just think Newton having to worry about Hickory , should be the other way around!..Newton will put up 40 to 50 on Hickory AGAIN....Hickory will have a tough time scoring points. We will soon see.

#75 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

• Members
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

Too many changes in key positions to compare this Newton team with last year!... Maiden barely won last year...33-28 maybe!...It was a struggle for them. You definitely have to play the game I agree!...I just think Newton having to worry about Hickory , should be the other way around!..Newton will put up 40 to 50 on Hickory AGAIN....Hickory will have a tough time scoring points. We will soon see.

I'm predicting Maiden will win least 8 to 9 games due to thier weak schedule. But the South fork 2a top 4 will be Newton Conover East Lincoln Maiden and West Lincoln. The 3 I see maiden possibly losing are West Lincoln East Lincoln and Newton Conover. We will definitely find out how good Newton Conover is on September 15th vs Hibriten. I see Hibriten as the best team hands down in the area.

JeffChapman-Dynamic