Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo
- - - - -

Who wins the South Fork Athletic Conference??

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 dplubo

dplubo

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

East Lincoln was a little light too... about 70 on Saturday...  small senior class only about 10

#27 Wolf4Lyfe

Wolf4Lyfe

JV Team

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

I expect we will run the ball way more than we did last season since our offensive line is going to be pretty big for Lincolnton standards. We are moving our best athlete from receiver to QB so I suspect the coaching staff will try to use him as much as possible. Running back position for us should be in good hands as usual with Tyshawn Harris most likely getting most of the touches. Wouldn't be surprised to see us running some option out of the gun.

#28 DCNM

DCNM

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

GDG if this is your first time watching this NC team then you will be very surprised when it kicks off.... you can't go by 1 practice.. starters were actually going against each other in team period!...As far as "Happy Feet" from the Baker kid, maybe you want him to take the sack.. Just because a pass play is called that doesn't mean throw the ball..if guys aren't open get what you can...This team will definitely average more than 300 passing yards per game Easily... can't wait to see your reaction when you witness greatness.

#29 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Greatness? LOL. Apparently you only go to Newton games. Greatness resides in places like Shelby, South Point, Clinton, Hibriten, Northeastern, North Davidson, Reidsville. Newton is not even in the conversation with Shelby or SP. If you are great you dont schedule Highland Tech, Chase, East Burke, The Q, Virginia home school teams, Bunker Hill.

I heard about state championships the last four years. 0-7, 4-3, 3-4, and 2-5 in the conference. Beat Hibriten who I think is the 4th or 5th best team in the west alone and get back to me. Wishing the best for N-C because I want them to get back to at least a decent program but talk is cheap. Its gonna be all about defensive improvement and nothing else.

#30 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

Greatness? LOL. Apparently you only go to Newton games. Greatness resides in places like Shelby, South Point, Clinton, Hibriten, Northeastern, North Davidson, Reidsville. Newton is not even in the conversation with Shelby or SP. If you are great you dont schedule Highland Tech, Chase, East Burke, The Q, Virginia home school teams, Bunker Hill.

I heard about state championships the last four years. 0-7, 4-3, 3-4, and 2-5 in the conference. Beat Hibriten who I think is the 4th or 5th best team in the west alone and get back to me. Wishing the best for N-C because I want them to get back to at least a decent program but talk is cheap. Its gonna be all about defensive improvement and nothing else.

Don't feel to bad bout cupcake city maidens got cupcake city thier whole non confrence. Least Newton was able to pick up Hibriten

#31 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

Yeah Maiden is almost guaranteed to start the season 8-0 with remaining games being Newton, Lincolnton, and East Lincoln. They make the playoffs. The county schools are encouraged to play the schools in the district which I don't like. It's nice for travel but will not give a realistic assessment of how good the team is. Only Hickory, which has its own district will play a highly competitive schedule.

Maiden's offensive line should be pretty good this year. The Moody kid was very small last year but that kid did excellent as the center given his weight. Kid plays with a lot of determination.

#32 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

I really believe maidens game will be won or lost by Mayfields arm. Even though Farley was way faster. Mayfield has the better arm than Farley. As a sophomore the dude was terrific vs Bandys when farley went down with an injury.

#33 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hey Allen. I spoke to former Maiden great Alex White this spring. He is on target to graduate from Harvard University next year and has been playing some at DE and OLB. Kid was a great two way player, very physical.

#34 DCNM

DCNM

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

GDG you can't live in the past... you want to go on previous years you go right ahead and you will have both your feet in your mouth when it's all done!....Like you said talk is Cheap!... That being said , no one has played a game yet so all that talk about other teams being GREAT is worth 0!... You have no idea what everyone on Newtons schedule is in for!...I guess after the Hibriten game you will be a believer!....Newton will easily be Conference Champs... and make a run for the State Chip!..I'll let you keep naming names my friend..... Check back in December!

#35 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

GDG you can't live in the past... you want to go on previous years you go right ahead and you will have both your feet in your mouth when it's all done!....Like you said talk is Cheap!... That being said , no one has played a game yet so all that talk about other teams being GREAT is worth 0!... You have no idea what everyone on Newtons schedule is in for!...I guess after the Hibriten game you will be a believer!....Newton will easily be Conference Champs... and make a run for the State Chip!..I'll let you keep naming names my friend..... Check back in December!

Ok you win. Newton-Conover state champions. Order the rings. I have three kids and there are three Newton-Conover championship rings in the family. Glad you got one coming. Enjoy.

#36 NC2B

NC2B

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

I think that Newton has a great chance to be conference champions, which would be a welcome relief after the last 5 or 6 years. I think NC must run the ball effectively in order to advance towards the playoffs. Too many 10 or 15 rush performances for Stinson when he can average close to 200 yards a game if given the opportunity. Defense must step up in big games, which has been lacking over the last few years. Must be able to get off the field against ball control offenses. The athletes at newton are the best I have seen since 08, but they must show the ability to win close games and win ugly at times. If they run the ball a few more times a game, it will give the defense a chance to catch their breath and we will see more stops. I think the key is to get Stinson to 20 carries a game, shorten the game and run the clock and we could be looking at a third round team in the playoffs.

#37 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

I think that Newton has a great chance to be conference champions, which would be a welcome relief after the last 5 or 6 years. I think NC must run the ball effectively in order to advance towards the playoffs. Too many 10 or 15 rush performances for Stinson when he can average close to 200 yards a game if given the opportunity. Defense must step up in big games, which has been lacking over the last few years. Must be able to get off the field against ball control offenses. The athletes at newton are the best I have seen since 08, but they must show the ability to win close games and win ugly at times. If they run the ball a few more times a game, it will give the defense a chance to catch their breath and we will see more stops. I think the key is to get Stinson to 20 carries a game, shorten the game and run the clock and we could be looking at a third round team in the playoffs.

More realistic here. I agree with keeping the ball on the ground. Actually I think this is a triple option team. Looking forward to the season and staying humble.

#38 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

More realistic here. I agree with keeping the ball on the ground. Actually I think this is a triple option team. Looking forward to the season and staying humble.

how did Newton look against Robinson tonight?

#39 DCNM

DCNM

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

TRIPLE OPTION???.....That's hilarious... each WR will average at least 4 to five catches game with at least a TD a piece.. obviously you guys are living on the past but you will soon see... Ask JM Robinson if we should be a triple option Team!...I'll leave at that you will all be surprised!.... and for the record out of 20 plays Robinson scored 0 Touchdowns..I'll read about it later.. good day fellas!

#40 NC2B

NC2B

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

Newton looked pretty good last night. In the early part of the scrimmage where teams were given ten plays a piece, Newton scored twice in 20 plays and Robinson scored none. Once the chains were brought out, and teams were given a chance to move the ball down the field, Newton Scored twice and JM scored twice. On paper Newton won 4-2, I think you get a better look during the actual on field scrimmage with chains which would have been a tie. As a former coach, teams usually do things in the first part of scrimmages that they would not normally do because they are not really driving the ball as normal. I think Newton looked decent up front and of course the skill positions were very talented. Secondary looked good to me and very athletic. Im worried about the front 7 on defense and their ability to stop the ball. Seem to be very young, but we will see. After last night I would say that realistically Newton could be 8-3 with losses to Hibriten, Lincolnton, and then a ball control offense such as Bandys or West Lincoln. As we have seen over the past two years, ball control offenses seem to be able to play with Newton because they hold the ball and get 3 to 4 per carry. The way to beat NC is to keep their offense off the field. Newton has a really good offense, but I am still skeptical about the defense, and from what I have heard, most people in the community are. I will tell people to wait until Week 4 of the season to jump on the bandwagon because Newton will be 3-0 to start the year.

#41 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

With what ive heard how good Robinson is. I could see Newton starting 4-0 before playing Lincolnton.

#42 allenjd4life

allenjd4life

Established Member

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

Maiden struggled quit a bit vs Watauga
http://www.wataugade...d1f84cf2b1.html

#43 NC2B

NC2B

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Offense is usually ahead of defense right now, and I am going to say that any team early in the season is going to have a hard time stopping Newton's. Will be a tough test tonight against Kings Mountain. Wish this was a non conference game!

#44 DCNM

DCNM

Rookie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

It was actually 4 scores to none in the 20 plays but who's counting...Next Friday it counts!...Good luck to all teams and Coaches!

#45 NC2B

NC2B

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Im taking Newton, Shelby, Crest, and Reynolds tonight. Anybody else have any predictions?

#46 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Im taking Newton, Shelby, Crest, and Reynolds tonight. Anybody else have any predictions?

Looks good but the Mack kid for Kings Mountain is a beast. Better not let him get 5 yards of speed on you or he is gone or running someone over. Beam returns to his old stomping ground of Cleveland County. The most hated coach ever in Shelby. 4 wins over the Golden Kitty Cats while at Burns.

#47 NC2B

NC2B

Rookie

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

I am thinking Newtons offense will be very good tonight and if they are able to get a stop or two, they should be able to win. Full game I would think it would be a shoot out but i think Newton will play well tonight. The game that I have circled on the schedule is Maiden, Newton needs to beat Maiden this year. Many alumni and fans are tired of losing to the Blue Devils. 

#48 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

Got a text saying Shelby scored 48 points on JM Robinson in two quarters. Crest won over 4A top ten ranked West Forsyth by two TDs. No word on Burns game. Don't know anyone who stayed for N-C game.

#49 HHS2003

HHS2003

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

AC Reynolds 6 Burns 0
KM 7 NC 7
According to KTC broadcasting

#50 GDG

GDG

Wrestling Correspondent

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

AC Reynolds 6 Burns 0
KM 7 NC 7
According to KTC broadcasting

Thanks friend. Looking forward to seeing Hibriten and N-C. I'll look you up.

JeffChapman-Dynamic