Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

1997 State 3A Champion Wonders to be Honored Aug 25, 2017

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Friday Nights in K-Town

Friday Nights in K-Town

Established Member

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

2017 marks the 20th Anniversary of the 1997 A.L. Brown Wonders state 3A championship win over Northeast Guilford in Chapel Hill. To commemorate this history making year, former players and coaches will reunite for one evening to be recognized and honored for their history making accomplishment. A special night of celebration and recognition will take place at the first home game of the A.L. Brown varsity Wonders 2017 season. Friday Nights in K-Town in conjunction with former Wonder RB legend Nick Maddox have been discussing the logistics of such an event since the first of 2016. The idea was presented to Principal Todd Parker two weeks ago, and with the support of A.L. Brown High School, and the Kannapolis Boosters Club, this special night will come to fruition on August 25, 2017 during the Wonders home game with Marvin Ridge.

We already have over twenty confirmed former players and coaches who have committed to attend this event with that number expected to increase in the following weeks. I am working on a special layout to feature the story of the 1997 state champs in this year's athletic program, which will be for sale at the gate at Kannapolis Memorial Stadium. Team members, and former coaches are very excited about this event, and I know it will be a night to remember for many. I hope all Wonder fans will come out on August 25, 2017 to Kannapolis Memorial Stadium to once again see one of the most accomplished teams to ever grace the field at Memorial Stadium. These guys gave so much to us in 1997, and now we can give something back to them as a community.  -The editor

#2 Unc4life

Unc4life

CP Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

You should invite Concords players as well for doing all of Kannapolis dirty work the first two weeks of the playoffs against Mooresville and Hickory lol

#3 Friday Nights in K-Town

Friday Nights in K-Town

Established Member

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

The 1997 Wonders made history that year. The only Kannapolis team to beat CHS twice in the same year, and both times on your own home turf. Thanks for doing the dirty work so we could hold that honor!! lol  Second meeting was the defacto State Championship game in my opinion, but those Mounties were no slouches were they?? lol

JeffChapman-Dynamic