Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Who's the best high football player you ever seen play?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 Chute Boxe Hero

Chute Boxe Hero

• Members
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

Tj logan

Logan would probably be in my top 5 (def top 10).  Watched him many a time.  Witnessed that awesome performance against Catholic.  Also watched him single-handedly destroy Southern Guilford two weeks before that.  

#52 Wolf4Lyfe

Wolf4Lyfe

JV Team

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Tommy Henry from Maiden was a pretty special player as well. Also remember watching Dee Bost from Concord who was a do it all player for the Spiders, went on to play basketball for Mississippi State. 

#53 Heritage 84

Heritage 84

Established Member

• Members
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

Get to see a few good players in high school. Brad Johnson for Owen High School, Sam Gash for Hendersonville High School, Leonard Little for Asheville High and Todd Gurley for Tarboro.  

#54 cougars'12

cougars'12

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

Best I've ever seen in person would be Todd Gurley. He made the Mountain Heritage defense look foolish (I was rooting for the cougars!) In the state championship game. Also, someone that never got attention was Alex Villanueva. QB at Avery back in 09-11. Kid could've gone d-1 if he had the exposure, that 2010 Avery team was the only 1aa with the ponies to beat Albemarle, and Mitchell beat them in 3rd round only to fall to Albemarle in the western final.

Their Defesive hurt us worse than their O, and when I say hurt I mean that literally we had kids playing with broken bones lol, they ran the wing t about good as anyone I've ever seen big line and big athletic backs, it was a physically grooling game.

JeffChapman-Dynamic