Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

New proposal for 6-class realignment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SimmonsRatings

SimmonsRatings

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

I have created a new 6-class realignment model using just football schools first (smaller 6A and 1A with larger 5A thru 2A) and then adding non-football schools back in. I welcome any feedback you may have. You can find it at http://www.simmonsratings.com under the HS football section.

#2 wncbowhunter

wncbowhunter

Established Member

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

I like the idea of a 6 class system. Overall not a bad breakdown. Conference # 10 in 2a would be a great conference in football. Can't imagine the SMC without Swain though.

I heard some chatter about a conference before the last realignment that was very similar to conference # 9 in 2a. With a split between 2/1a teams. This conference would be murder on Mitchell and Avery from a travel standpoint. I think it would kill the ticket sales for both teams as very few fans will travel that distance on a regular basis. 

Regardless of the conference for Avery and Mitchell travel can be an issue if you try to place them into 1a conference only.  I know Mitchell has trouble scheduling nonconference games now due to the travel distance.  

#3 Mitchell county mountie

Mitchell county mountie

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

Yeah Mitchell and Avery are the red headed step children. Too far from the NW 1a, and too far from the SMC. Heritage and Madison will drop to 1a before long, so until then, we'll have to keep what we got.

JeffChapman-Dynamic