Coaches Moving Van  |  Scoreboard   |  Standings  |  Coaching Records  |  Stadium Project |  Team Pages

2017 NCHSAA Realignment

Photo

New proposal for 6-class realignment

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SimmonsRatings

SimmonsRatings

Freshman Team

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

I have created a new 6-class realignment model using just football schools first (smaller 6A and 1A with larger 5A thru 2A) and then adding non-football schools back in. I welcome any feedback you may have. You can find it at http://www.simmonsratings.com under the HS football section.

#2 FHS1985

FHS1985

• Members
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

It's interesting and well done, but I thought that Catholic was smaller than 1550.

The drive between Alexander Central and the Asheville schools would suck, but I don't see anywhere else to put them.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

#3 Ladge

Ladge

Veteran Member

• Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

Yes Catholic is closer to 1250

At 1250 you put Catholic in the 4-A Conference 7. Not sure who to move out... maybe W. Rowan or JM Robinson.

#4 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

That would be something to look into. I thought Butler, Mallard Creek being in the same conference would be a good one. Especially if they put that at the last game of the season. With South Iredell being in with Catholic, Mooresville, A.L. Brown and Lake Norman that might be too many butt kickings on South. Lol. But I could see some good games going on in this conference as well.

#5 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:04 AM

Biggest issue I see is way too much driving for buses and students getting home late. Yes football is on Friday night. But alot of the other sports have games during the week on school nights. I personally feel 8 different state champions for football and four for all the other sports is a joke. All about the $$$$. I think all we need is four levels like we have now. And I think football should only have four state champions like all the other sports. Keeping everything with four classes keeps conferences fairly local and competitive.

#6 Knights

Knights

Platinum Member

• Members
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

4 sucks

#7 btango

btango

CP Hall of Fame

• Administrator
  • 14,362 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

The logistical and geographical reality of more than four would not be an enjoyable experience for a lot of schools once it started. NC is a very odd shape with the width of the state east to west and isolation of some areas. The main three metro areas along I/85 have a huge number of schools and the largest ones.

The NCHSAA has ran computer workouts of three, five, and six. Ten years ago I saw a huge map with each school signified by its class in a five classification system. It did not work well. I think may be the realignment in 2025 five classes will get a serious look.

#8 Vik-Val 86

Vik-Val 86

Established Member

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

I would say for South Iredell it would be far enough drive to Kannaspolis and vice versa. But to go to Catholic would be way to far. With the conference South is in they will have to travel to W. Rowan, E. Rowan and Carson. That is far enough for the drive.

#9 npcfan

npcfan

Varsity Team

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Knights, don't know why you think four divisions sucks....having 8 state champions in football is way to watered down. You have teams every year with avg records making the playoffs in football. Way to watered down imo.

JeffChapman-Dynamic